Smithing, Leveling and Companions

Users who are viewing this thread

So I just found a few helpful little tricks that i haven't seen in the Forum yet and wanted to share.

1. Smithing

As you all know, Smithing Stamina is exhaustingly small, allowing you too little actions to really benefit from the System. Here's a little Trick that alleviates this a little:
In the bottom left corner of your Smithing-Menu there is your Portrait. If you click on it you can switch the Character that is doing the Smithing actions, and they all have their own Stamina-Pool. So if you have say 3 companions you essentially have 4 Stamina-Pools to draw from.
And there is another Benefit!

2. Leveling & Companions

As you all know, Companions nearly don't Level, making them very frustrating and only semi-helpful. But! you can level their Smithing Skill via selecting them, thereby inncreasing their Chance of leveling (and also getting some SP on them outside of Combat).
I also noticed that Wanderers take part in Tournaments in the City they are staying in, meaning they will now slowly accrue Combat-SP and Levels from that.

Hope this helps a little :smile:

Yeah i know, but i try to keep my Game as Vanilla as playable atm so i can determine where bugs come from :smile:
also this is more about the SP for the Followers.

t's sad we need gimmicky tricks like that to level. It's the Elder Scrolls all over again.

I dont think this specifically is a trick but intentionally designed this way, just that Smithing in total is extremely unfinished.
The biggest Problem i have right now is that the Game doesn't give you Information like that, I found this through the Forum and wildly clicking and experimenting. I get that in EA we won't have a full controls-tutorial but come on TW, at least write a list of those mechanics that don't get explained but are needed to play.

It's sad we need gimmicky tricks like that to level. It's the Elder Scrolls all over again.

You're right. Especially since the game isn't leveled accordingly.
i.e. Your troops level up faster than you (even commander/leader perks don't boost).

Simply put, the grind isn't worth the grind this early on.

Back
Top Bottom