Should we be able to marry non-nobles like Companions, Merchants & Gang Leaders?

Marriage Outside the Nobility?

• Yes

Votes: 111 99.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

It's strange enough that we basically start the game as non-nobles who sort of just make up a family name, slap a logo on it and call it a day. At least in Warband we might have to work up to the moment a King or Queen dubs us a lord in our own right (usually as we join a faction).

I really dont know why they decided to do it like that, it kind of ruins the whole early game aspect.

I really dont know why they decided to do it like that, it kind of ruins the whole early game aspect.

It makes you wonder why they didn't just start us out with the premise that we are minor nobility on hard time. Besides the Banner stuff, our first quest is to "rebuild the clan." This implies that at some point our clan had 50 Renown, 20 men at arms & 2000 denars to throw around. It would therefore have made more sense from a story perspective that we are nobles rather than commoners.

Given the absolute chaos of the present Calridic Age, I suppose it's not inconceivable that you could get away with such fraud as masquerading as nobles. In the unlikely event anyone of importance learned we weren't who we say we are, there is still the fact that we would still be an army commander (because what else does this game expect you to be?) and so wouldn't care so long as we did our job. Mind you, in a more settled age this would be a serious offense.

as long as marrying commoner as a noble will massively hit your legitimacy and will piss off most other nobles :wink:

I remember having these same thoughts when playing Crusader Kings 2. In that game, marrying into other noble families only had the effect of land claims and drawing other groups into wars, or being drawn into wars by others. But since I never bothered for land claims, and because I found npc allies useless, I opted to marry based solely on the skills of my spouse even if they were commoners. Even then there were no negatives in terms of legitimacy and renown, so for me it was a win-win.

I can see so much potential in this, imagine you marry a Gang leader and get access to thugs and thieves that way. Marry a Merchant and get Free stuff in that Shop or a huge discount, marry a shopowner and you get the profit for it. ENDLESS POWER!!!! But also make the Marriage thing harder to achieve. A simple % based game of luck is stupid. And only 2 meet ups are enough to marry that Person is weird. My Wife is the rich one, not me, it should be way harder for me to do that.

Back
Top Bottom