Governors handling issues in the base game

Users who are viewing this thread

Totalgarbage

Sergeant Knight
Governors Handle Issues is a very nice QoL mod for the game, which unsurprisingly adds the mechanic of... governors handling issues. I haven't checked its coding or anything, but from my understanding, it has a daily roll where it gives a fief's governor a chance of trying to attempt to solve 1 issue (provided there are enough soldiers in the garrison to attempt the quest). The probability of success on the issue/quest is based on the skills the governor has, it probably works exactly like how it works when we send our companions for a quest.

This "simple" mechanic not only adds more functionality to governors, it also adds a way to level their skills up faster through completing these "issues" (which is still very much needed, as companions with the engineering & steward skills are rather rare, which makes it hard to level them up to even put a focus point in one of those skills), and it also helps stabilize the loyalty and security of the fiefs. Especially the latter would be an incredible tool for the AI to have, since they are the most likely to struggle with loyalty issues (heh heh) by far and have towns rebelling on them 24/7. If this mechanic were to be implemented, a nice addition would be to have a dialogue option with the governor on whether they should attempt to solve issues for every notable, for every notable except gang leaders, or not to attempt to solve any at all.

I always use this mod. It is a great QoL improvement and it would fit the base game well.
in my mind the game needs 3 distinct fases.
1. Starting out: doing quest, fighting bandits, build renown and relationships
2. Owning a couple off fiefs: only doing the bigger quest. delegating minor stuf to NPC's
3. Ruling a kingdom,: not doing quest, but army and kingdom management, more diplomacy options and designing your units.

Any mod that helps with the above has my vote to be added to the main game.

I always use this mod. It is a great QoL improvement and it would fit the base game well.
in my mind the game needs 3 distinct fases.
1. Starting out: doing quest, fighting bandits, build renown and relationships
2. Owning a couple off fiefs: only doing the bigger quest. delegating minor stuf to NPC's
3. Ruling a kingdom,: not doing quest, but army and kingdom management, more diplomacy options and designing your units.

Any mod that helps with the above has my vote to be added to the main game.
That is exactly what this game needs. Most players lose interest when they have their first fiefs. There are not enough motivation mechanics in the late game. Not enough goals to fight for. Why collecting money when u already have the best troops, gears and few towns?

Giving more ruling options and more customizing options for troops, towns, etc. would motivate players a lot in the late game. Maybe even have a small ingame editor where u can upgrade your kings hall with better stuff, build more houses in your town or castle

Back
Top Bottom