Should Auto-generated battle scenes be implemented in Bannerlord?

Which proposal do you recommend?

• Bring back auto-generated scenes and keep them

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Bring back auto-generated scenes until devs created enough scenes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • It's fine as it is.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Release the scene editor to the community and add scenes which fit certain criteria into the game

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

We all complain about not being able to choose your field of battle which works in the favour of your army composition, or battle field scenes being completely different from what is on the map... For this to be solved, either Auto-generated scenes need to come back, or there should be enough variety of battle scenes for each terrain which will take enormous time and effort for developers; To avoid this, developers could release scene editing tools to the community so that we can help with that. The modding community will be much more efficient in creating even larger and numerous and diverse scenes...

I think it's important for the game developers to directly ask the community for help, as it helps us feel like we've contributed to the development directly, which couldn't go ignored like the other hundreds of suggestion threads.

they said they will make more battle maps. it's EA, dude. i don't mind them releasing mod tools but there must be something holding them back from doing it.

i don't want autohell from warband back. no thank you.

Seems to me that existing maps are not used properly. Often times the battle takes place in the same spots making the battles feel the same and the rest of the map underused. There should be more starting points for each map, so that the fighting takes place in more different spots.

Early Total war games - ie Med 2 created tactical battle maps depending on location of strategic units. This feature SHOULD BE used everywhere especially M&B ./ Bannerlord. Problem is bannerlord strategic map isn't that detailed, you cannot even PLACE ON A HILL TOP !! Hills / ridges should be everywhere !! but battles always seem to start in a stupid location. - no general would place their forces such unless ambushed.

What SHOULD happen is that stationary armies should be able to setup ambushes at certain locations, where ambushers are setup either side of a ravine, hidden on the high ground etc etc .. Bannerlords needs more ambush maps. Bridge battles seem VERY weak compared to M2TW.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom