Why We Need a Lord of the Rings DLC in Bannerlord A Dream DLC Concept!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

107XD

Recruit
I've been deeply immersed in the world of Bannerlord and I can't help but imagine how incredible it would be if, after completing Bannerlord, they developed an official Lord of the Rings DLC. Considering the diverse expansions we've already enjoyed, like Vikings, Conquest, Napoleonic Wars, and Fire and Sword, venturing into a fantasy realm seems like a thrilling next step. An officially developed fantasy DLC by TaleWorlds would not only be a fresh adventure but could also offer an extraordinary blend of their detailed gameplay with the rich, mythical universe of Middle-Earth.

The potential for this DLC is immense. Imagine leading your armies into battles across iconic landscapes like the plains of Rohan or the gates of Mordor, engaging with well-known characters from the Tolkien universe, and even participating in the epic battles that define the series. The depth of lore in Lord of the Rings could introduce new quests, storylines, and characters, adding a layer of narrative richness that complements Bannerlord's strategic and combat gameplay.

Moreover, the opportunity to explore the diverse cultures and settings of Middle-Earth, from the Elven realms to the Dwarven halls, would add an unparalleled variety to the game. This could include new units, equipment, and even unique gameplay mechanics inspired by the magical elements of Tolkien's world.

In essence, a Lord of the Rings DLC would not just be an expansion; it would be a magnificent fusion of two beloved universes, bringing together the best of both worlds. The tactical depth and medieval realism of Bannerlord, combined with the enchanting lore and epic scale of Lord of the Rings, would offer a gaming experience like no other.

I have all the respect for the modders who create mods for Bannerlord and Warband.But what sets an official DLC apart from a fan-made mod is the level of support and integration it would receive. An official DLC would benefit from the full resources and expertise of the TaleWorlds development team, ensuring high-quality content, deeper integration with the game’s core mechanics, and a seamless gaming experience. This means better graphics, well-designed quests, and perhaps even voice acting, all consistent with the high standards set by previous DLC.

Additionally, an official DLC would have ongoing support, with regular updates and bug fixes. This ensures that the content remains compatible with the base game and any future updates or expansions, something that fan mods often struggle with due to limited resources and access to the game's core code or they drop it.!!!

Furthermore, an official DLC could ensur that the portrayal of the Lord of the Rings universe is accurate and respectful to the source material. This could also open doors to exclusive content, like original storylines or characters.

In essence, while fan mods are a fantastic way for the community to add their own touch to the game, an official DLC, with its superior resources, integration, and ongoing support, can elevate the gaming experience to a whole new level, truly immersing players in the magical world of Middle-Earth with the depth and quality that only the official developers can provide.

+1000

There is a mod in development called "Kingdoms of Arda" but for some reason has little support ? not sure why ? It looks fantastic !

An official DLC LOTR would be great, the Bannerlord engine is based on medieval warfare so should be easy to adapt. Third Age Total War shows what can be done, a brilliant and popular mod.

Buying the license is probably the major sticking point - How much ??? Probably 3 arms and 2 legs, IF you could get it, I think other developers have the rights ?

We won't have a " good ", stabilised, Bannerlord ( vanilla, Calradia ) for a year or so still, at least.
We won't have fully developed " good " overhaul mods like " Kingdoms of Arda " until a couple of years after that, at least.

Meanwhile, for the best The Lord of the Rings experience going play the legendary The Last Days of the Third Age mod for Warband ( and it is still getting updates ).

Warband mods are just hitting their stride these days, after so many years. Bannerlord mods will likely follow such a long development timeline.
We are very lucky to have accomplished mod teams making the games we really want to play - historical and fantasy genres.
Like with Warband, eventually no-one will be playing vanilla Banalord ........ we will be skipping straight to its superior " next generation " mods.

Sadly Calradia just doesn't hold a candle to The Crusades, The Wars of the Roses, Japan, Middle Earth, etc

And the only way we will get an " overhaul " DLC is if TW buys into a mod, like they did with With Fire and Sword, and Viking Conquest. That would be years off.
The whole Bannerlord scene is in such slow - motion these days, it is tantalising.

+1000

There is a mod in development called "Kingdoms of Arda" but for some reason has little support ? not sure why ? It looks fantastic !

An official DLC LOTR would be great, the Bannerlord engine is based on medieval warfare so should be easy to adapt. Third Age Total War shows what can be done, a brilliant and popular mod.

Buying the license is probably the major sticking point - How much ??? Probably 3 arms and 2 legs, IF you could get it, I think other developers have the rights ?
i checked them out and i think they lack support due to them not being active weary or resources but they do show the amazing potential from what i saw. And you probably right about the of licensing costs and rights. However there's a strong appetite for this genre of lord of the rings i have played the TLD(Last days of third age mod for mb warband ) its been in development for 10+ years and still getting worked on but the progress is supper slow because lack of man power and resources if they would make it official it would get support and would be finished in 2 years max .

We won't have a " good ", stabilised, Bannerlord ( vanilla, Calradia ) for a year or so still, at least.
We won't have fully developed " good " overhaul mods like " Kingdoms of Arda " until a couple of years after that, at least.

Meanwhile, for the best The Lord of the Rings experience going play the legendary The Last Days of the Third Age mod for Warband ( and it is still getting updates ).

Warband mods are just hitting their stride these days, after so many years. Bannerlord mods will likely follow such a long development timeline.
We are very lucky to have accomplished mod teams making the games we really want to play - historical and fantasy genres.
Like with Warband, eventually no-one will be playing vanilla Banalord ........ we will be skipping straight to its superior " next generation " mods.

Sadly Calradia just doesn't hold a candle to The Crusades, The Wars of the Roses, Japan, Middle Earth, etc

And the only way we will get an " overhaul " DLC is if TW buys into a mod, like they did with With Fire and Sword, and Viking Conquest. That would be years off.
The whole Bannerlord scene is in such slow - motion these days, it is tantalising.
It's sad that we will be waiting for many years to get the new generation of polished, finished Bannerlord mods, but as you mentioned, we can at least enjoy the fruits of the hard work of Warband modders who have made amazing mods for Warband. And yes This slow-paced development can be tantalizing but it often leads to more refined gaming experience i hope at least that will happen.

Back
Top Bottom