Settlement Constantly Starving (Prosperity DECREASES Food to Settlement)

Users who are viewing this thread

This bug negates the entire point of the mid-late game by PUNISHING the player for owning a castle/town. Very few settlements don't drain your garrisoned troops even when it has been fully upgraded. I have Tier III Granary, Tier III Gardens, both my villages are fine, and I have a garrison of 0 in my settlement. I'm barely breaking even on food with the 60 militia at my castle. I switched to "build house" for managing my settlement in an attempt to lower the negative affects of prosperity on my food, but as it turns out it does the opposite!

Prosperity 1000

Prosperity 1003

I don't believe this was intentional. If you'd slowly INCREASE the food with prosperity growth, the issue would most likely not exist and the settlements would slowly be able to house large numbers of troops.

if food surplus increased prosperity and prosperity increased food supply you'd have a positive feedback loop
Prosperity lowers food so that settlements don't get infinitely wealthy. Castles aren't supposed to be super rich, 800-1000 is about normal for castle wealth. Towns usually peak at around 5,000. The point of this is to have a soft cap on garrisons to avoid the warband issues of towns with 1000+ garrisons in them by late game.
If you want to grow them more then you must ship food yourself to the settlement. I don't think that food shortages

I think there is a problem with food actually it's true but...It's logical that propserity has this effetc with food IMO
Prosperity is here to represent a mix between the wealth of the city and the population, so if there is a huge population, you need many food,

But in the game actually there is a bad balance for the moment, I think the devs will/are working on it

if food surplus increased prosperity and prosperity increased food supply you'd have a positive feedback loop
Prosperity lowers food so that settlements don't get infinitely wealthy. Castles aren't supposed to be super rich, 800-1000 is about normal for castle wealth. Towns usually peak at around 5,000. The point of this is to have a soft cap on garrisons to avoid the warband issues of towns with 1000+ garrisons in them by late game.
If you want to grow them more then you must ship food yourself to the settlement. I don't think that food shortages
The intention with prosperity and food was so that you couldn't immediately dump all of your soldiers upon taking a castle and so that you could potentially "starve out" the enemy garrison at a settlement. My castle could potentially hold a garrison of 450 men, and 150ish(?) militia, THAT is the cap. It would not be a feedback loop, it would SLOWLY add troops. In my case +.06 food per day instead of -.06 food per day, which would take in-game months/years to reach capacity (Assuming no one raids my villages).

EDIT: Also, there is currently no way to ship food to a castle. Even if owned a town I don't believe that was the intended way to improve your settlement.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom