Screenshottery Thread Mk.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Austyboo ^_^ said:
Actually, to my understanding, quite a bit, if not a majority, of visual novels, manga, anime and other media are more like our own slice-of-life soap-operas, just the grand majority of them are never translated or imported and many of those that are completely fly under the radar because they are so mundane. So, in a way, some of them are a window into the Japanese 'way of life' to some extent.
Yeah, but no weeaboo would read them because they're not "Japanese" enough :lol:
Just look at US Americans talking about their "heritage", same ****ing thing.

Serpent Of Eden said:
Nothing better than a work before life society where working less than 40 hours a week is not tolerated.
Nothing better than mass alcoholism and kids being force-fed diabetes and obesity and not knowing who is raping them because there is just too many politicians inside the government.
Nothing better then then having a ****ed up media industries to cope with how ****ty your life is.
giphy.gif

Serpent Of Eden said:
Nothing better than a honor before reason society where failure is not tolerated.
Nothing better than mass suicides and ladies being raped in subway train and not knowing who is raping them because there is just too many peoples inside the train.
Nothing better then then having a ****ed up media industries to cope with how ****ty your life is.

Japan is the master race.
Preach brother, always go out of your way to get a legit japanese gf, A japanese cannot be a thot, a japanese can only be waifu

If i get a japanese girlfriend, i don't want no Yamato Nadeshiko, i want a Yakuza daughter with tattoo and ****.
Q90Ue.jpg

I'm not dating no submissive housewife, i want a girlfriend who is like me, meaning i want a crazy ass woman.
We'll have rough sex and talk about random **** with no judgement.

Austyboo ^_^ said:
Actually, to my understanding, quite a bit, if not a majority, of visual novels, manga, anime and other media are more like our own slice-of-life soap-operas, just the grand majority of them are never translated or imported and many of those that are completely fly under the radar because they are so mundane. So, in a way, some of them are a window into the Japanese 'way of life' to some extent.

The largest bulk of Japanese media, even the stuff that isn't popular in Anglophonistan, is the equivalent of teen fiction. Low quality Light Novels are ten a penny, and anime series's's's's based on them get churned out by even the most prestigious animation companies because it's how they make their money (cheap licensing, eager audience). For example have a look at the works of these studios:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OLM,_Inc.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyoto_Animation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wit_Studio
They're not even cherrypicked either. I randomly selected some anime studios and literally none of the shows are slice of life operas (maybe K-ON counts, but I ain't watched that girly-ass show). I'd say around 90% are either zany, fantastical school comedies or pure fantasy. There's also the issue that many slice of life series's's's's have fantastical elements, and aren't supposed to portray anything remotely accurately.

Wellenbrecher said:
Yeah, but no weeaboo would read them because they're not "Japanese" enough :lol:
Just look at US Americans talking about their "heritage", same ****ing thing.

Most Weeaboos nowadays are actually properly into Japanese culture in the same way a Chinese person might be genuinely interested in the daily modicum of life in the UK or France. The stereotype of an obnoxious teenager who knows two words of Japanese and thinks Japan is perfect is mostly a thing of the past from what I know. Believe me. One of my lectures was comprised completely of these people. Half of them didn't even watch anime.

That's basically exactly what I meant, Hinds. :razz:

It's not like our soap operas aren't the same, it's mundane stuff, like high school life, with one crazy element to make it 'interesting'. The evil twins of the 90s or the sparkly Mormon vampires aren't any better than magical girls.

F125D64FF1D70207BAE55AC50F30AD97043FD005
A65FC67285CC4541C70C223BB7FA9F693A76E33B
7B8DF06E2BF132E7FA5AC8B98480E31AC734EA30
EC2C98619174F03C21913A552809E974E894B60C

Gf told me that watashi is more formal and most common way to say I, and that men usually use Ore or Boku wa when they are angry, serious or doing banter with their mates

Back
Top Bottom