Screenshottery Thread Mk.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Welcome bacc
zlu2J.jpg
8yjUk.jpg
5MQ0c.jpg

Age of Empires II: The Densetsu ? said:
Age of Empires II
Supremacy researched, one guy on the other team has already resigned, have too many surplus villagers. What can one do?

C7323D2A716D0CEDA7BC3A55316B449E0862F2B0

94945EE4178753361B0D85E147FE3FF9767702A6

I joined these guys' discord, they play several 4v4s a day, cool stuff.

later game, RIP

95F1E51FC49AD27AE64C607FC26F17F8F8EEB355

God how i hated that game.
Still do.

Base building RTS are the worst kind of RTS for me.
I don't have a good enough reaction time to play it.

And playing a game where you need to do everything fast without being allowed to enjoy the scenery is a no no for me.

Reason why i stick to Turn based Strategy game or Real time with pause.

Serpent Of Eden said:
God how i hated that game.
Still do.

Base building RTS are the worst kind of RTS for me.
I don't have a good enough reaction time to play it.

And playing a game where you need to do everything fast without being allowed to enjoy the scenery is a no no for me.

Reason why i stick to Turn based Strategy game or Real time with pause.

That's pretty much the reason why I avoid playing online. Singleplayer is the most enjoyable mode in my book. If I want to hold a chokepoint for half and hour and look at the ongoing battle, then nobody can prevent me from doing so.

The 'rush' I get from playing online is half the reason I play. It's addictive and satisfying. But enjoy the game however you want - there's a super robust editor for a reason :razz: And one of my favorite scenarios is Blood of the Bear which literally is just 'hold a chokepoint for an hour and a half'

EDIT: Though rebel, if your problem is reaction time, why only base-building RTS? If anything the RTS games that don't have bases are usually the ones that place a greater emphasis on micro. Usually.

There's just less to focus on when you don't have to micromanage an entire economy. Take Rise of Nations for example. The citizens just farm or mine or whatever with no efficiency loss from poor micromanagement, and the combat is more complex as a result. There's no boar minigame or sheep collection minigame to suck up your attention.

Pixiedust ^_^ said:
The 'rush' I get from playing online is half the reason I play. It's addictive and satisfying. But enjoy the game however you want - there's a super robust editor for a reason :razz: And one of my favorite scenarios is Blood of the Bear which literally is just 'hold a chokepoint for an hour and a half'

EDIT: Though rebel, if your problem is reaction time, why only base-building RTS? If anything the RTS games that don't have bases are usually the ones that place a greater emphasis on micro. Usually.
Because i can't BOTH manage my units and the bases.
Without the base building, I'm fine.

Jacobhinds said:
There's just less to focus on when you don't have to micromanage an entire economy. Take Rise of Nations for example. The citizens just farm or mine or whatever with no efficiency loss from poor micromanagement, and the combat is more complex as a result. There's no boar minigame or sheep collection minigame to suck up your attention.
The combat in Rise of Nations is way simpler. I could rant about why but I won't since this is just the screenshot thread.

I like Rise of Nations for silly roleplays and nationbuilds - it is bad for anything else.

Horse archers and tanks can fire while moving = more complex. Argument won. Back. Off.

Since I never play multiplayer anyway the roleplay aspect is what I enjoy more. Plus the flanking bonus. I could never get used to the micromanage style of "traditional" RTS games like AOE where you have to manually retreat and fire with your skirmishers or whatever.

Jacobhinds said:
Horse archers and tanks can fire while moving = more complex. Argument won. Back. Off.

Since I never play multiplayer anyway the roleplay aspect is what I enjoy more. Plus the flanking bonus. I could never get used to the micromanage style of "traditional" RTS games like AOE where you have to manually retreat and fire with your skirmishers or whatever.

Roleplay... singleplayer... sounds weird in RoN but alright.

I like that units can fire while moving, however it means that the units that can are THE best units. There is no reason to make anything but horse archers/dragoons/IFVs once you get them. You just right click the other side of the enemy's land, go hard boil some eggs, and when you come back the other guy won't have an economy anymore. There are lots and lots of things like that in vanilla which are just plain flawed if not completely broken, I consider Draxsath's Mod basically mandatory if you want to play RoN. And a ****load of house rules.

That said, when you want to just sitback, relax, and pretend to do diplomacy with people before nuking eachother to death, RoN is pretty fun.

Actual footage of tintin sidling up to enforce to superiority of Total Tonialation.

15f.jpg

Pixiedust ^_^ said:
I like that units can fire while moving, however it means that the units that can are THE best units. There is no reason to make anything but horse archers/dragoons/IFVs once you get them.

Hence why I usually play on crowded archipelago maps where you have two cities and nowhere to run.

Ah. We used to play that one map where everyone has their own island. And pretend to do diplomacy before getting bogged down in apocalyptic wars of attrition for 3 hours or just nuking each other until the Armageddon timer runs out.

I remember in singleplayer I liked to play on an Arena-sized map and put 7 Tough AIs all against me and just try to survive as long as possible.

Pixiedust ^_^ said:
Roleplay... singleplayer... sounds weird in RoN but alright.

What the **** is wrong with you. Rise of Nations has extremely immersive in singleplayer. Total Annihilation did proper line of sight, build and order queuing, actual long range artilirrry, actual nukes, actual terrain height that changed projectile range, actual moving units and shooting, actual 3D units, actual underwater units and buildings that meant something, actual full sympony orchestra soundtrack. It did all of these things years before Rise of Gash and Age of Empires.

Back
Top Bottom