MP Tutorial Scenes Scening in Warband (entry point info for all gamemodes)

Users who are viewing this thread

I am stranded with placing the headquarters in a Conquest scene including their spawnpoints.

What I would like to know is how and what specific is placed on each headquarter, I have planed a total of three headquarters in my conquest map. And it would be fine if all started neutral.

I tried this;
Total 3 HQ (Head Quarters)

HQ1
- entrypoint 64, HQ pole code only (on the ground)
- HQ flag gray code only (in the top of the pole)

HQ2
- entry point 64, HQ pole code only (on the ground)

HQ3
- no entry point!, HQ pole code only, HQ flag gray code only, HQ flag gray (on the ground)

I hope I get an answer because I think Conquest is underestimated in my opinion, and I want to make a map especially designed for it. And hope it Will get more popular :smile:

BTW What are the player spawnpoints for Conquest for each faction?

Couple of entry point questions:

1. I understand in team deathmatch that 0-31 is basically one side and 32-64 is the other and the game uses a spawn system based on location of team mass after that... Does anyone know what other entry numbers are reserved in TDM and which 2 I could use for a teleport script prop? I tried 65 and 66 but they didn't spawn me at my assigned entry point.

2. Anyone know where TDM spawn is located in the .py?
Or where entry point #s are declared?

Wasn't sure if I could go that high, but that is good to know! 65 and 66 started working for me when I came back in, I forgot that entry points require a restart of mod. :O

I have decided on a couple of work arounds for my spawning problems, just wish team death match didn't spawn both teams on all spots so I could segregate them more.

Mistral said:
Anyone have a clue why my ladders wont work. To be clear they do move but once their in the final position they have no clipping and you cant lower it again.  I do exactly what they say in the forums. I stick a "siege_ladder_move_10m" up on the wall in it's final position. I then add an entry point right at the foot of the ladder and number it 100. Its not even an odd movement it's just straight back from its current position like rotating it on X only.  I even looked at the ladders in Village, set one up then went into editor to see the positions of things...mines all the same so WTF.

After you rename the entry point to 100, quit your game altogether and join again. Fixed it for me :smile:. Do it each time.

I have problem with CTF creation. With respawn points. 64 and 65 flag resps are OK, but sometimes I appear at the end of map. I have 0-15 resps around 1st flag and 16-32 around 2nd flag. I dont know why I am appearing at the end of map. I dont have any entry point at the end. Are there any special entry points for horsmen, infantry or archers? thanks.

Lord_Peter_CZ said:
I have problem with CTF creation. With respawn points. 64 and 65 flag resps are OK, but sometimes I appear at the end of map. I have 0-15 resps around 1st flag and 16-32 around 2nd flag. I dont know why I am appearing at the end of map. I dont have any entry point at the end. Are there any special entry points for horsmen, infantry or archers? thanks.
I think you need to set entry points up till 63. When there are missing entry points the game randomly generates them

Thanks, it cost many hours of work. You can find Boyard on server "Morava_CZ_SK"
But I have problem with "dungeon_tower", when I walk upstairs, I walk very slowly and "lagly"(every step stoped me). How can I solve this problem?
I would like to build some "ladder_move", I create respawn with number 100, raise ladder working fine, but I can't walk on it. I just walk through the ladder.

Lord_Peter_CZ said:
Thanks, it cost many hours of work. You can find Boyard on server "Morava_CZ_SK"
But I have problem with "dungeon_tower", when I walk upstairs, I walk very slowly and "lagly"(every step stoped me). How can I solve this problem?
I would like to build some "ladder_move", I create respawn with number 100, raise ladder working fine, but I can't walk on it. I just walk through the ladder.
Well a shoddy fix I can think of is trying to smoothly put barriers slanting up the stairs. So that the player is waking on the barriers instead of the collision mesh of the stairs. That could cause many visual problems however and would be a lot of work. Alternatively and with even more hard work you could change the collision mesh of the scene prop itself but then of course you would have to basically release it as a module.
Your better off just leaving it as it is

I have edited Hails Castle but cant find a way to change the map name.
When people join it say Hails Castle in the server list.

Where do i edit the name of the map?

Well you have to make sure that you replace all spaces in the new name with _
for example you find the line that says
str_multi_scene_3 Hailes_Castle
and change it to
str_multi_scene_3 Tipples_Castle
Whichever module has the new scene in it then go to that one and change the strings.txt

Regarding Master of the Field for Battle mode:

Do I need to place the actual objects ie flags and poles? If so, is there anything that needs to be done(like triggers or something)? Or do I just place the entry points, give them the proper number, and thats it?

Back
Top Bottom