MP Tutorial Scenes Scening in Warband (entry point info for all gamemodes)

Users who are viewing this thread

From what I discovered, ladders work like you describe them: the entry point should be at the bottom of the ladder in the the direction the ladder will be pointing (you may have to put the entry points number in the ladders var slot). If the entry point is not very close to the physical bottom of the ladder, the ladder's bottom will move to that position (which can look stupid if not done right).

But my main point is, that the ladder animation will break and look stupid if the entry point's direction is greater than +/- 90 degrees (maybe a bit more, I'm not sure) from the direction of the original ladder (the direction the ladder tilts into).

MadocComadrin said:
From what I discovered, ladders work like you describe them: the entry point should be at the bottom of the ladder in the the direction the ladder will be pointing (you may have to put the entry points number in the ladders var slot). If the entry point is not very close to the physical bottom of the ladder, the ladder's bottom will move to that position (which can look stupid if not done right).

But my main point is, that the ladder animation will break and look stupid if the entry point's direction is greater than +/- 90 degrees (maybe a bit more, I'm not sure) from the direction of the original ladder (the direction the ladder tilts into).

Thanks, the ladder animation works OK it's just that when I start a new game on the map I get a script error upon loading that causes the ladders to "ghost" and not be solid. They still raise and drop as normal.

Yea I tested they work exactly the same but there are a couple bugs that can throw you.
Simply place ladder -> Place entry point number 100+ -> Done, after adjustment for positioning.

However if you try and use it without reloading the map then it will fail and you will walk through it if you try climb it (though oddly you cannot walk under it). This can happen even from just going into edit mode sometimes, I think.
Also you must fully exit the game sometimes when you get the error messages as described above. Then reload it and they work!

fuhu said:
How do you rename the map and insert it or do you have to like..just overwrite the others o_O?

1. Rename the .sco file to whatever you like and copy it into your Native\SceneObj folder
2. Find the terrain code in scenes.txt scn_multi_scene_XX where XX is the number the .sco file was created with (eg Village is 2, Ruins is 1, Battle on Ice is 14, etc)
3. Rename that "scn_multi_scene_XX multi_scene_XX" to "scn_mapname mapname"

Note that this option does not allow your map to be polled or set in the adminstrator panel unless you actually create a mod and edit the appropriate py files, however you CAN add a set_map mapname option in your dedicated server startup text file which will force your map to appear next round.

If you keep scn_multi_scene_XX as your map name and insert it into your Native\SceneObj folder, overwriting the existing one, it allows your map to be pollable. For example I have an scn_multi_scene_2 (Village) custom map that can be accessed by polling for Village on the AUS_Battles server.

Cheers

Note that this option does not allow your map to be polled or set in the adminstrator panel unless you actually create a mod and edit the appropriate py files, however you CAN add a set_map mapname option in your dedicated server startup text file which will force your map to appear next round.

What are those appropriate PY files and where can I find how to edit them?

LAWolves said:

What are those appropriate PY files and where can I find how to edit them?

Having not used them myself my understanding is they're generated as part of the module tool.

Is anybody able to explain to me how you create a new scene on the game map? Not regarding multiplayer or anything. I've used the search function and I really can't find this out anywhere.

what entry point #'s are conquest flags?

edit: 64-65, but are what i tested and work, but probably a couple more like 66, anyweay I suggest this is added to the OP

edit 2: 66 appears not to work

Arch4h bout the scenes:

scn_multi_scene_1 - ruins
scn_multi_scene_2 - villeage
scn_multi_scene_3 - Hailes Castle (castle 1)
scn_multi_scene_4 - ruined fort
scn_multi_scene_5 - cant figure out :razz:
scn_multi_scene_6 - same ere :razz:
scn_multi_scene_7 - field by the river
scn_multi_scene_8 - Rudkhan Castle (castle 2)
scn_multi_scene_9 - snowy villeage (in Mahud's case this is Naval Battle :razz:)
scn_multi_scene_10 - Turin Castle (castle 3)
scn_multi_scene_11 - nord town
scn_multi_scene_12 - port assault
scn_multi_scene_13 - Brunwald Castle (castle 4)
scn_multi_scene_14 - battle on ice
scn_multi_scene_15 - Mahdaar Castle (castle 5)

I havent included the 3 new ones. Sowwy :razz:

Back
Top Bottom