Version number
v1.1.6
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2023-12-07_20.23.49_31f9e525b143b83f55527c19fe63f5da
Summary: hi I started my own kingdom with my first town under siege in the sandbox with no mods. I play if I sally out to fight I might get lucky and play a minute or two of it before it crashes out my pc and need to restart my pc. if I wait for them to start the siege and I join the fight sometimes I can fight it. but come bc for then to start the next siege fight it will crash out my pc. if try to ambush them the same thing happens. it happened so much last night I had to ddu my GPU drivers.
How to Reproduce: just start one of the siege fights
Have you used cheats and if so which: no
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: AMD 5700
GPU Driver Version: 23.12.1
CPU: AMD r5 3600x
RAM: Crucial 32GB (2 x 16GB) model CT2K16G4DFRA32A
Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO MAX
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): OS drive Western Digital Blue 500 GB M.2-2280, the game is on my Seagate 3 TB hard drive

yeah, texture locking failure, this is a common error with older GPUs with only 8G mem. TW will say it's a GPU error but it seems happen with Nvidia and AMD cards. I had similar problems. I found a work around by playing the game in a window box, on a 4K monitor, use a 2560 X 1400 window etc. Also reduce Performance - use LOW, and turn off Shadows.

The error might be related to old shaders still hanging around, make sure you delete all the 3 locations below

(1) Steam / Bannerlord
(2) "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord"
(3) "NVidia also keeps a shader cache located in %LOCALAPPDATA%\NVIDIA\DXCache and %LOCALAPPDATA%\NVIDIA\GLCache ..". probably also AMD.

reload, reverify.

Hope this helps you. I got a fairly stable low res game happening, with rare crashes but eventually I upgraded my GPU to 24G mem, now there is no crashes. I suspect there still is rogue pointer still hanging around in the game.

Last edited:
yeah, texture locking failure, this is a common error with older GPUs with only 8G mem. TW will say it's a GPU error but it seems happen with Nvidia and AMD cards. I had similar problems. I found a work around by playing the game in a window box, on a 4K monitor, use a 2560 X 1400 window etc. Also reduce Performance - use LOW, and turn off Shadows.

The error might be related to old shaders still hanging around, make sure you delete all the 3 locations below

(1) Steam / Bannerlord
(2) "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord"
(3) "NVidia also keeps a shader cache located in %LOCALAPPDATA%\NVIDIA\DXCache and %LOCALAPPDATA%\NVIDIA\GLCache ..". probably also AMD.

reload, reverify.

Hope this helps you. I got a fairly stable low res game happening, with rare crashes but eventually I upgraded my GPU to 24G mem, now there is no crashes. I suspect there still is rogue pointer still hanging around in the game.
ya, no luck still crashing. idk before I could play with no problem. this just started last night

I've been informed that the issue you have reported is fixed. The fix will be in part of the future patches. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Back
Top Bottom