Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2024-02-25_14.17.36_bb5010b76deef27bd83b29bd0a98d9af

FredhRS

Recruit
Summary: So, my game has been crashing every single time I try to load up Amprela, be it for a siege or just walk around the city.
How to Reproduce: Go to Amprela on the world map, try to do a siege battle or just walk the streets. I have two GPU's, it works on the AMD integrated one, but it is too weak to actually work for the game. The crash always happens when I use my RX 5500M GPU. The error has been occuring since 1.2.7 and previous graphic's driver versions as well. The game runs mostly well otherwise, some missing textures occasionally. Happens both with mods and on a clean installation with zero mods.

Error reads:

rglGPU_device_d3d11::create_data_texture
The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action.

Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs: Laptop Bravo 15
GPU: AMD RX 5500M
GPU Driver Version: 24.1.1
CPU: Ryzen 5
RAM: 16 gb
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Anything that is GPU intensive, like sieges or walk around city, will push Shaders, a weak point in this game. Try deleting all shader caches and redownloading, reverify. Current AMD GPU driver has a bug, need to go back to previous version.

Locations of Shaders -

(1) Steam / Bannerlord
(2) "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord"
(3) "NVidia also keeps a shader cache located in %LOCALAPPDATA%\NVIDIA\DXCache and %LOCALAPPDATA%\NVIDIA\GLCache ..".

Also read this thread.

Last edited:
Anything that is GPU intensive, like sieges or walk around city, will push Shaders, a weak point in this game. Try deleting all shader caches and redownloading, reverify. Current AMD GPU driver has a bug, need to go back to previous version.

Locations of Shaders -

(1) Steam / Bannerlord
(2) "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord"
(3) "NVidia also keeps a shader cache located in %LOCALAPPDATA%\NVIDIA\DXCache and %LOCALAPPDATA%\NVIDIA\GLCache ..".

Also read this thread.

Hey reverting the drive actually solved the issue! I have tried deleting the shader folders before and that did nothing, but you link help me a lot! Thanks!

Hey reverting the drive actually solved the issue! I have tried deleting the shader folders before and that did nothing, but you link help me a lot! Thanks!
which version of AMD driver? I usually update to the recommended driver i quit of using newest version

I am using 23.5.2, it is working.
Thanks for this. Just wanted to say that I tried all sorts of things to resolve this problem but this is what worked for me. I guess AMD broke something in the driver after this version and still haven't fixed it. Anyway, just wanted to thank you :smile:

Thanks for this. Just wanted to say that I tried all sorts of things to resolve this problem but this is what worked for me. I guess AMD broke something in the driver after this version and still haven't fixed it. Anyway, just wanted to thank you :smile:
I am very happy to know that, I know I got very glad when we figured it out! Enjoy the game!

Back
Top Bottom