[S] BRYTENWALDA [WB 1.131] - Brytenwalda 1.0 Release! 8/09/2010

Troops - Wages and upgrade cost, do you like it?

• Yes, guard it

Votes: 30 47.6%
  • I like wages system, but i like less upgrade cost

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • I like less wages and upgrade cost

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I want most cost for wages and upgrade

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark Elf said:
First impression about this mod 26 day plays,

whoever say money is hard to come by, surely never play native campaign before.
Even without trading at all, i manage to build 2 factory and 60 man army in 26 days, by doing collect taxes mission, destroying bandit lair, and attacking roaming bandit party.
I believe the money problem more or less the same with native, quite easy in my taste. Hard in the beginning, swimming money from day 200+ after building factory in each town.

So far the formation is good, no complaint in that direction  :grin:

auto calculator is broken, using my low mid tier 60man army against 40 man unrights gang, my army destroyed while the gang win nearly unscathed.
Maybe they got very lucky...  :shock:

My first siege is huge, i'm using 400 battlesizer. Usually in native that mean max 400 army in battlefield. In this mod i'm watching the defender deploy 300+ army, the attacker 400+ with addition my 60+ army.

The village and town production quite random. My best factory is grape press in snowy area. I tough grape need warm area?

A bit stuttering in campaign map, i believe it come from the huge number of kingdom and lord  :grin:

The price of losing is harsh, i got -1 agi and -1 str for losing 1 battle!

Overall very good mod.

I can't click some troop to view their detail in the troop tree, bug or bad install?

Money isn't hard to come by, but when your trainer skill is high and you're trying to run a kingdom fighting single lords with 500+ man armies, you'll soon get *bored* having to CONSTANTLY grind for it in order to *upgrade* (note, upgrade not pay, not hire) your troops.

In my situation, it was my only activity, I didn't have time for jack all else.

In other news, I got my new computer setup and just did a siege with 880 men on screen at once, battlesizer is set for 1.000 but I haven't found a fight that big yet, 880 men went with zero lag.

Definately quite interesting :razz:

Idibil, I tried several times to get to armor merchant and RGL warning appeared.

Couldn't load "Modules\Brytenwalda\Textures\coat_of_plates_specular.dds."

Maybe it can cause these my problems.  :???:

hmm.. still not reaching top tree, so i can't comment about upgrade cost yet  :smile:

In native grape press and olive press usually very profitable only at sarranid & rhodok area, sometime it reach  500-600/week.

I can't open at
Pict troop tree : Each Raidh, Airig
Angles            : Heartweru Engle
Irish                : Airig
Outlaw            : Dena Pirate

Is the loss stat permanent? I loss 2 agility en 1 i forgot, because of broken leg when i got knock out while the battle still going on.

Dark Elf said:
hmm.. still not reaching top tree, so i can't comment about upgrade cost yet  :smile:

In native grape press and olive press usually very profitable only at sarranid & rhodok area, sometime it reach  500-600/week.

I can't open at
Pict troop tree : Each Raidh, Airig
Angles            : Heartweru Engle
Irish                : Airig
Outlaw            : Dena Pirate

Is the loss stat permanent? I loss 2 agility en 1 i forgot, because of broken leg when i got knock out while the battle still going on.

About 200 is the cost of upgrading elite soldiers, and I go through literally hundreds of them.

I know I know, most people don't play the same way I do, a lot of people play with smaller armies smaller ambition and for whatever reason don't manage to upgrade as fast as I do (no, I use absolutely no cheats but I have been playing for a few years you know).

But when you are in my position this game becomes 100% about running trade routes, and even then you can barely keep up with training costs (despite the trade routes around london being *insanely* profitable and I having the skill at :cool:.

I'm not saying we need more gold or lower wages, just cut down the upgrade costs.

@El-Diablito

*upgrade* (note, upgrade not pay, not hire) your troops.

I had posted a poll about it  :wink:

In other news, I got my new computer setup and just did a siege with 880 men on screen at once, battlesizer is set for 1.000 but I haven't found a fight that big yet, 880 men went with zero lag.

You had 880 men in battlefield and no lag  :shock:

Can you post screenshoot of that battle, it will be great can see like formations advance

@BrustwarzenLenny

I would like to use Broken_one's new female-face-model for Brytenwalda, because the results are a lot better
than with the native model!

it look nice

@Rad
Idibil, I tried several times to get to armor merchant and RGL warning appeared.

Couldn't load "Modules\Brytenwalda\Textures\coat_of_plates_specular.dds."

Maybe it can cause these my problems.

Rad, can you try delete brytenwalda folder and unzip 1.0 here. coat_of_plates_specular.dds was add in 0.95, it is rare.  :???:

@Dark Elf

Mm, i will look it

No, you can recovery of your hurts (if hurts arent too serious  :twisted:)

you rest, and you recover your leg at a time.

Sure i'll make some screenshots for you, i'm planning to make a battle video for the upcoming Europe 1200 mod (i'm beta testing it atm), maybe I can do a brief battle vid for your mod too if I sort it well.

I haven't actually made gameplay vids before.

As for the no lag, I just bought a new high end gaming rig and I run Mount and blade from an SSD that cost me my soul to procure, i'm quite optimistic I can do 1.000 man battles.

I have to commend you on battlefield size though, i'll now have to boost it for all my mods because native battlefield size isn't large enough to accomodate line formations for an army with 500'ish men, and the army will get "stuck" literally like in a bottleneck on the edges :grin:

The 880 battle was a siege, though if I remember correctly those are even laggier than regular battles.

But ehm...could you tell me what the key to take a screenshot was again? I forgot, it's not just prnt screen in MnB for some odd reason.

Also if you happen to know where the hell they end up in windows 7 (I just migrated from XP) that'd be grand too :razz:

@El-Diablito

Sure i'll make some screenshots for you, i'm planning to make a battle video for the upcoming Europe 1200 mod (i'm beta testing it atm), maybe I can do a brief battle vid for your mod too if I sort it well.

Ok  :grin:

We add your code face to a lord  :grin: for next patch

But ehm...could you tell me what the key to take a screenshot was again? I forgot, it's not just prnt screen in MnB for some odd reason.

Also if you happen to know where the hell they end up in windows 7 (I just migrated from XP) that'd be grand too :razz:

screen = ctrl + insert key
Win 7 = i have XP actually, sorry

Idibil, I downloaded version 1.0, installed it,  deleted all my old saves and started new game with this version 1.0. This file isn't present in version 1.0 and my game demands it. I think it can be this problem.  :???:

I don't have this file in my game and anywhere else. I don't have saved older version of mods neither so I can't add it into my game from older version neither. Could you send me this file by e-mail? I would insert it into my mod and maybe it could help.  I have only coat_of_ plates_mail_specular.dds  and I miss this needed coat_of_plates_specular.dds.   :???:

Rad said:
Idibil, I don't understand somehow. I downloaded version 1.0, installed it,  deleted all my old saves and started new game with this version 1.0. So, what I should do yet?  :???:

As I looked into my Textures directory in Brytenwalda I don't have this file here and anywhere else. I don't have saved older version of mod. Could you send me this file by e-mail? I would insert it into my mod if it would help.  I have only coat_of_ plates_mail_specular.dds  and I miss this needed coat_of_plates_specular.dds.   :???:

i send to your email  :wink:
I think, you have lose file when unzip

Just now I unzipped my game anew and searched it and it isn't here. I will try, thank you for your file.  :wink:

I tried it and it works! I am glad we could together removed effectively and fast some bug. Please, check your unzipped Brytenwalda 1.0 once again if this file is here and if it isn't please, add it into game because in my unzipped folder Brytenwalda 1.0 this file isn't present. Absence of this file causes impossibility to enter armor merchants at least in several towns in game.  :wink:

900 man battle (battlesizer set to 1.000)

Ehr would appear i'm nub at posting pictures...any clues as to what i'm doing wrong? :razz:

Sodd it: http://img339.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=mb27.jpg

Enjoy! Alas, footmen aren't very interesting as they always cluster up in the middle and for some reason they don't use formations :S (these are all npc armies btw I joined in the battle myself only).

This was by the way, completely lag free and smooth as you could hope for.

mb27.jpg

mb32c.jpg

mb33.jpg

mb34r.jpg

mb37.jpg

mb38x.jpg

mb41.jpg

mb42.jpg

mb45.jpg

mb56b.jpg

Thats an awesome mod! I like it very much!

I have encountered some bugs:

Domnaill is born in "Players name" and is a contact for "Player Faction". When you ask him to gain information he says: "I can go to "players name" and gather information about players faction."

The map is upside down (south is north and vice versa). Not a big deal.

When asking Dryhtne Cundwalh Coenwalhing (sp?) about strategic advice, the next in one dialoge window is larger than the window, and reaches down to the options (therefore is unreadable).

Thanks! I'll keep playing and report stuff I find. This is the best mod I have tried yet! I like it very much! Hopefully you get an own forum soon (like other big mods)

Idibil said:
@Dark Elf, polydamas

There are a crossbow in this mod - hunting crossbow of pictish faction.
Roman know crossbows yet, but weapons were simple, nothing comparable to that from the thirteenth century.

but weapons in mod are looks.. underconstructionaly
and every single scabbard are not fit for own their sword..

mod's atmosphere and landscapes are GREAT(more than just Great!!).
but  also looks need more details and diversity for small things

Man, Brytenwalda v1.0 is one of the greatest M&B mods I ever played, and I've been playing M&B since 0.960...

A few problems I encountered so far:

Inka have her birth city set to Player Faction.

Wandering Bard have some problems cropping the text.

The name of a faction disappeared from the Relation Screen.

In the Known Lord screen, still appear the Calradian names of the factions.

A couple suggestions:

This is more a Vanilla issue, but it could be nice if the Lords give some quests only when on high positive relations with the player. Like the Collect Taxes one, I think that no Lord could ever entrust such task to the first person they meet (and I think of this quest as a exploit too).

Also, I think that the faction of choice at character creation should give a starting relation level with all factions in the game. Like a Pict player having +5 with the Pict faction and -5 with all the others, or so (I'm not an expert on that historical period, but you know what I mean).

The same could go for Companions, they should only be hirable by players they have in good relations with (or neutral at least).

A question: How do Salinae works? Put I slaves to work and every week I receive some money? Do they have a escape chance if I don't assign guards to them?

Two more: Do Surgery still works when Realistic Casualties is ON? What Dissable drowning in missions stand for?

El-Diablito said:
About 200 is the cost of upgrading elite soldiers, and I go through literally hundreds of them.

There are more than 20 city in this game. If each city have factory and each factory produce 500 gold/week, a player already have 10.000 weekly income.
Not counting income from fief + trade + ransom + battle loot + pillaging.  imho 200 is still ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom