- Best answers
Mod for Warband 1.131
OFICIAL: Brytenwalda v 1.0
Download Brytenwalda 1.0
Instalation: Unzip archive, and copy folder "Brytenwalda" in your Mount&Blade Warband\modules\
-No head in tornaments: ATI Driver 10.7 problem, you need back to 10.5 and that fixed the problem.
-No multiplayer or custom battle mod. If you wish do them, you can send pm to a brytenwalda member team.
Alternative: NATIVE COMBAT SYSTEM
If you wish speed and damage weapons same that native, you download this:
Install: copy items.txt in your brytenwalda folder and overwrite actual file.
Too, you can download:
Brytenwalda - Polished Landscapes
Thanks to gutekfiutek for create is great mod and let us use it.
-Unzip this file, open folder Brytenwalda Landscapes and copy all in your Brytenwalda mod folder.
v1.0 Oficial Release 08/09/2010
-New textures (tunics, pictish bodies, cows...)
-New paint faces
-New town scene (Bebbanburh)
-Improved system battle and bugfixed here also.
-Alternative items.txt for players that they like native combat system
-Delete Weapon breaking for inestability
-Improved map terrain.
-Battlefields most small
-New scenes props
-and some thing most i dont remmember
v0.96 Open Beta 29/08/2010
-Port to 1.131
-Bugfixed (all bug meet for you, fixed)
-Dialogs improved thanks to Wilson.
-Add new menus in reports (Factions relations, lords relations...)
-Add Christian Cleric and pagans priest in battles.
-Most girls in the taverns
-New troop: musician (horn)
-A lot of new information in Game Concepts, include Time Line.
-Improved Battle System (1)
-Add Realism Causalities system of xenoargh.
-Bodyguard system removed with 10 new companions.
-9 news songs (celtic and instrumental music)
-And most things...
v0.95 Open Beta 19/08/2010
-New scene: Salt mine
v0.94 Open Beta 17/08/2010
-New dialogs for companions.
-Improved speed 2h weapons, and javelin damage
-Troop tree fixed - (see: camp menu > take an action > Troop tree).
-Improved dialogs system.
-A lot of new armors.
-Changed the cost of recruiting/hiring/upgrade/wages troops.
-New Scenes: our world continues to take lives, Adorno fixes some problems of old scenes and introduces new scenes in this version.
-Improved battle system: AI most intelligent, and bugfix for player formations.
v0.93 Open Beta 30/07/2010
v0.92 Open Beta 28/07/2010
-A lot of bugfix.
-2 h Axe most big.
-Battle System improved - We have enhanced the damage of weapons and other features for a more balanced system, trying to keep the realism. We are eager that Betatesters try it, and we can correct, if necessary, the battle system to leave a perfect view to the final version.
-Less frankish and dena pirates.
-New intro screen
-different size horses. The pony is the size of a pony now
-New troop tree in game - (see: camp menu > take an action > Troop tree).
-Changed the cost of recruiting/hiring/upgrade/wages troops.
-New system of Forcible recruitment: You need most troop but villages hate you? no problem, you can force them to give you men who serve in your army. what if they hate you most?
-You can sell all your prisioners of a click to Ransom Brokers.
-New Scenes: our world continues to take lives, Adorno fixes some problems of old scenes and introduces new scenes in this version. You're going to miss it?
v0.91 Open Beta 24/07/2010
v 0.9 Open Beta 23/07/2010
Dark Ages in British Isles are fascinating, a dismal warlike time, in which people fight for survive. A dark age with deep blend of cultures.
6th and 7th centuries were a time when invaders (Saxons, Angles and Jutes) tried hard their destiny in a new world with the steel of their swords, shields and spears. Ancient people tried to resist, while they saw how their kingdoms are defeated and conquest by those “barbarians”, sorrowfully saw how his belowed world slowly disappeared off the face of the earth.
Couldn't forget to talk about the Picts also, who have always inspire great interest. Or about West, other island, as complex as Britain, Ireland in which many people were fighting for a piece land, their clans, livestock and supremacy.
In short, it is a world we know a little, but that it is like a magnet for history lovers: a time of war and great deeds, where few (almost none) kings died in his bed.
¿What mean Brytenwalda?
The central element in early Anglo-Saxon politics is the 'imperium' (empire) over all 'English' peoples south of the Humber which Bede ascribes in his Ecclesiastical History (ii 5) to seven kings before 671. To these seven, the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle of Alfred's time attaches not only an eighth name but also a vernacular word, 'Bretwalda', or 'Brytenwalda'
Brytenwalda = Bryten - Britain and walda - ruler.
Brytenwalda, almost certainly the right form. 'Bretwalda' may be a 'ghost' word, born of a scribal slip.
A little of History: Anno Domini 636:
Edwin, King of Deira, has died some years ago, his great rival, Cadwallon ap Cadfan, king of Gwynedd, after ravaging the north with his armies, was killed by Oswald the new lord of the north, the ambitious son of Æthelfrith and Edwin's sister, he now rules on Bernacia, Deira and Elmet.
Oswald the powerful, who has proclaimed Brytenwalda, who is willing to dispute the title?, Who is willing to confront the most powerful king in Britain?
The world is at war, only respects the law of the sword and spear. There are realms that are born and die every single day, kings die on the battle fields.
On East, the Angles, Jutes consolidate domains and claim for more land.
On South, the Saxons, led by Cynegils, have teamed up with Oswald, cornering Penda, king of the Angles de Mierce, The March. Will Mierce resist being surrounded by enemies?
King Penda is bloody and violent, many kings have been killed by his sword and promises to kill many more. He call to meet the men under his command to go to war.
Meanwhile, Christianity extending from Centware (Jute Kingdom), and it is converting the barbarians.
Pushed against the coast, the Welsh are fighting for every inch of land, but are too divided, dreaming of the return of a king to unify all and lead to the final victory, they dream with an incoming King Arthur. But Arthur is dead, and all eyes look to Cynddylan, the king of Pengwern, brave as a lion, but unable to join under his banner all the other kings.
And Gwynedd, a fertile kingdom in great warriors, is silent, unable to hear the sound of the advancing armies threatening their land. Gwynedd cry to Great Cadwallon, scourge of the Angles and Saxons, who has left a son, a King 3 year old.
In the snowy lands of the North, fight the Irish, Dal Riata, and the Picts. Their kings share blood, but the Irish are invading in land of Cait, kingdom of the Picts. The Picts, with their faces painted and their female warriors, are now united under one king and they are stronger than ever.
Across the sea, in Ireland, Domnaill mac Aedo, of Ui Neill´s clan has emerged as High King in Temair after defeating his enemies. But it isnt more than a prestigious title that recognizes him as the most powerful of the island. Around him, clans are fighting for land, women and cattle in fratricidal wars. The war in Ireland is endemic.
Who can bring light to this world of war and misery?
The world was chaos, and chaos was war.
- 1. -New system of character creation.
2. -New quests
4. -Cultural stores - depending on the culture you visit you will find different products in the stores.
5. -Improved faces for NPCs and, new faces for women, men, and especially, new face for picts!
6. -Talk to village elder and Guild Master in menu.You can speak Guild Master in Town Menus
7. -New (and most Warband) bandits and mercenaries.
8. -Extra renown for winning the tournament.
9. -Make people love you, hate you, or fear you with a new system of improved relations with villages.
10. -Listen to the songs of the bards.
11. - New Pictures
12.- Improved Dialogs
13.-Dramatically increasing the cost of unit upkeep.
14.- troop tree in game - (see: camp menu > take an action > Troop tree).
15-. Improved dialogs.
16-. Add new menus in reports (Factions relations, lords relations...)
- 1. -A detailed map of the British Isles (including the countries we know as England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland now), with meticulous recreation of the coasts, rivers, forests and mountains.
2. -A map almost twice the size of Native.
3. -More than 40 cities, over 75 castles and 200 villages to explore, conquer and plunder. All with historical names.
4. -New Icons for forts and villages.
- 1. -31 Historical Kingdoms, all specific to the year 636. A huge world to explore: With Kings, lords, ladies, bards, priests and many other characters.
2. -More than 200 historical characters to interact with, their behaviors defined according to what we know of them. Meet the Brytenwalda Oswald, his brother, Oswiu, which will give life to future Northumbria. The pious Annan, who saw his brothers die in bloody wars with Mierce; talk to the beautiful Hild, be before Santa; the widow of Edwin, and Aethelburh; the warlike King. Penda, the murderer of kings; the Bishop Binarus; Talk to King of Powys, Eluan, or the legendary Nowy Hen among others.
3. -Nearly 50 extra “common” npcs like clerics, bards, quastuosas, spies, shepherds.
4. -Names npcs are in Old English, Welsh, and Irish.
5. -Bounty system – you can ask the tavernkeepers for wanted lists and become a famous bounty hunter!
6. Hunting system – you can hunt deers and boars in the woods of Britannia and Ireland.
7. Ship Travel – You can buy a ship at a Shipyard town and you can travel out to sea.
8. Expanded dialog system kit
This is a list of all Brytenwalda factions, sorted by cultures.
SAXON: Suth Seaxe, East Seaxna, Gewissae
ANGLES: East Engla, Mierce, Bernaccia, Lindisware
Briton ruled by Angles: Hwicce, Crafu
BRYTHONIC: Dumnonia, Glastenic, Ynys Manau, Pengwern, Goutodin, Rheged, Ceredigion, Powys, Gwynedd, Dyfed, Brycheiniog, Gwent, Alt Clut
GOIDELIC: Connaught, Dal Riata, Laigin, Desmumu, Ulaid, Ui Neill, Airgialla
- 1. -You can enjoy breathtaking landscapes, towns and castles that will make you travel to another time. In an unknown world, where man forged himself, where the weak suffered the cruelty of the powerful, and your life depended on your ability to handle a sword or a spear.
2. -Brytenwalda will offer new scenes of spectacular beauty. Wander around the ruins of a Broch, or get to know a Saxon town, or simply watch from the walls of a Briton fort, attentive to the arrival of enemy raiders.
3. - New scene props
Pictures any Scenes:
- 1. -New system of character creation.
- - Dozens of new armor, weapons, clothes ... and new food...
- - Unique items.
- -Lots of textures for your shield, so it does not appear that all men are equal.
- -The elite of your men (and elite men of Lords) take your ensign painted on the shield. They are the cream of your armies.
- - Life is expensive, as it really was. You should forget to buy your sword and horse at the first opportunity, or to have a coat of mail quickly. You will need to save a lot scyllingas (currency of the time) for any luxury (although you can always win in the bloody battlefield).
----> MUSIC and SOUND
- 1. -Improved sound system, so you can feel more immersed in the raging battle
2. -Music completely changed with new theme-fitting songs. In addition, you can request bards play medieval songs (music composed in medieval times and played on medieval instruments.)
3. -Ambient sound system: we can hear, for example, the noise in a tavern, or crickets at night.
--------> WAR SYSTEM
- 1. -Size of armies more in line with the reality of 7th Century warfare.
2. -Skirmish War – you can create skirmish units and send them to ambush the enemy, entertain them, or prepare the ground before the battle.
3. -Reinforcements system – Towns and Castles can recruit from nearby villages to restore and maintain their garrison. While you siege a Town/Castle , you can attack recruiters and prevent them from bringing reinforcements to your enemy.
4. -NPC troops/bandits can join the battles nearby.
5. -It takes less time to plunder & raze a village.
6. -You can be evil – you can attack castles and towns without provocation or warning. You can attracts bandits under your flag and create your evil army.
7. -Camp Entrenchment - You can build, fortify and defend your camp.
8. -Messaging system – you can hire messengers (the spy unit) and send them to Lords (right button mouse) for trade, a challenge to a duel, insults, even give gifts!
9. -Supply Wagon - You can use it to store excess loot. Loot will automatically be added to the supply wagon after a battle. If you assign an NPC to command the supply wagon, you can send it to a town of your choice to sell any loot or prisoners you don't want.
10-Changed the cost of recruiting/hiring/upgrade/wages troops.
1. -Battle System features improved morale, training, historical weight of weapons, realistic speeds and many other things. It is more difficult to defeat the enemy now, you must think offensively, try win his flank…
2. -Realistic Tactics system with: Scildweall (shieldwall), ranks, square, and Wedge formations.
3. -Improved AI: Enemy armies meet your manoeuvers, when they defend, they seek the hills, and when they attack, their men will position themselves more effectively. Also, you can order your lords follow you and they won’t run off when they see enemy troops.
4. -All units are new, with new troop trees for culture, equipped according to the age and their status.
5. -Battle skills: You can use Battlecry (key U) and Warcry (key B) in battles. With these you can boost the morale of your men and terrorize your enemies.
6. -Improved Auto-Calculation Battles: When simulating battles some troops get advantages. Mounted troops get bonuses on plain ground, infantry gains an advantage in woods while archers get a penalty. It is more difficult to kill elite troops.
7. -Wound system: If you fall in a battle, you can be wounded. There are many different injuries, from the mild to those that make you lose skill points.
8. -Enormous Battlefields (up to 4 times normal in some cases), so you can enjoy more of the battle and develop your tactics properly.
9. -Bridge Battles: you and your troops will fight the enemy on a bridge if you were near a bridge on the world map.
10.-Weapon breaking - your weapon can break in battle now!
11-. -Add Christian Cleric and pagans priest in battles.
12-.- Musician (horn) and bearers
13-. -Realism Causalities system.
----> RECRUIT SYSTEM, LOOTING and PRISIONERS
- 1. -Reputation System: Limited party system based on your reputation. Your charisma and your leadership will help to attract men, but they will be at the mercy of your reputation. Higher reputation means more men will follow your flag.
2. -Recruiting from villages is now affected by persuasion.
3. -Each rank of persuasion increases the amount of supplies villagers bring out when you force them to give you supplies.
4. -Each rank of looting increases amount of loot you get for raiding villages.
5. -Each rank of looting increases the number of cattle you steal by 1
6. -Prisoner management skill of the player reduces escape chances.
7. -Ability to persuade prisoners to join you at the moment of capture.
8. -You can set free or murder your prisioners.
9. -The selling price of prisoners is according to their quality.
10. -Active salt mine, you can visit and work in the mine or put your prisoners there to work for you.
11.- New system of Forcible recruitment: You need most troop but villages hate you? no problem, you can force them to give you men who serve in your army.
- 1. -Imprisoned lords escape far less often.
2. -Relations with Lords change faster. You may fall in well with them, or they will hate you to death for any insult and betrayal that you make (although it seems small!)
3. -You can give troops to ally Lords.
4. -Ability to kill Lords permanently in-game if you have taken them prisioner.
- 1. -An easy to read GUI to conveniently manage your companions.
2. -Nearly 35 possible companions.
3. -You can try to flirt with your companions - yes, now you can know them more intimately, but you have to earn their trust (You can try to flirt with others npcs also!)
SIGS thanks to Verbeek:
Some sigs, for the fans. Grab one and get advertising!