[S]1257 AD (improved) - old discussions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice mod, but could you rename Lithuania to Duchy of Lithuania? That would be more accurate than just "Lithuania" :smile:

ItAx said:
Nice mod, but could you rename Lithuania to Duchy of Lithuania? That would be more accurate than just "Lithuania" :smile:
Shouldnt it be the Kingdom of Lithuania at this time ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Lithuania

Amundr said:
aguds said:
othr said:
SMon said:
Liverpool is a city? What about towns like Birmingham? In the 13th century, afaik Liverpool was rather unimportant. Nice idea, though!

English and Scandinavian cities need work.  I have the information I need for England, just not enough time to replace/rename what's there now, soon (tm).

In Norway, you must place Oslo adjacent to the water. As it was located in "Gamlebyen"(Old Town) on the Ekeberg Hills. Ref:

http://www.visitnorway.com/us/Product/?pid=45491

And Nidaros(current name; Trondheim) is located at the south shore of a fjord also, allthough the fjord isn't that visible if you zoom far out on the e.g google maps..
Nidaros also contains a very beautiful medieval church(The Nidaros dome) if you want to put it in. Ref:

http://www.google.com/images?hl=no&rls=com.microsoft:*&rlz=1I7ADSA_en&q=Nidaros+Domen&lr=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=PX_RS-v8DJ2iOKjuhOoN&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBcQsAQwAA

And if you check a map, you also see you that need to put Bergen more northern in comparison to Oslo.
If you want to know anything about Norway, I can do research for you when I'm bored and at work ;D
http://www.snl.no/system/images/n/norge-%28historie%29-norgesveld.swf
This is a pretty good map of norway in ca. 1265.
Ive suggested it as a source before, but if you want to choose which towns you think should be there, just go right ahead.

That was a nice map :smile: I didn't read all the posts, I just tried the mod so I didn't see that before.

Edit: However, my points still stand - on the locations of the settlements on the mods map. Their off by quite a bit, and the shape of the Scandinavian Peninsula is also off. More fjords! :grin:

That was a nice map :smile: I didn't read all the posts, I just tried the mod so I didn't see that before.

Edit: However, my points still stand - on the locations of the settlements on the mods map. Their off by quite a bit, and the shape of the Scandinavian Peninsula is also off. More fjords! :grin:

True enough.
The new map they have in progress is much better though i think it stills cuts off the top of our country even if you can see it on the map.
I might be pessimistic and wrong on that count though.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,91275.msg2648202.html#msg2648202

This is a map how looked and where reached independed Bohemia Kingdom under rule of King Premysl Otakar II who was named "The Golden and Iron King" too. He ruled in period of time  1253 - 1277. 

Another darker area in Poland is area which added to Bohemia Kingdom his successor king Vaclav II (1283 - 1305)
Lighter darker area in Hungary is power of Vaclav III above this area ( 1301-1305).

cechy13stolborders.jpg

Rad said:
I installed this mod in new version. At the first glance I can see map is historically incorrect at least what about Bohemia Kingdom concerns. In the half of 13th century there was an  indipendent Bohemia Kingdom which consisted from Bohemia and Moravia. Bohemia Kingdom although quite closely bound with Holy Roman Empire was always independent. There were towns as Praha, Olomouc, castles Strakonice, Brno, Godonin, Kromeriz and several others.  About the year 1257 in Bohemia Kingdom ruled king Premysl Otakar II who was one of famous European kings of those times. You completely erase any Slovak towns although Slovakia were occupied by Hungarians at that time. They were town as Bratislava, Nitra, Trnava Trencin. You completely erase even Moravia too and replaced it with Hungarian Kingdom. I would highly recommend to have a look at map of mod Europe 1200 for M&B where everything is quite historically alright including spacing of Bohemian towns, castles, Slovakian towns as a part of Hungarian Kingdom and so on.  :shock: :cry:

That's right, Bohemia had it's own king that time, and was loosely affiliated with the Holy Roman Empire.
However Slovakia exists only since 1993. Bratislawa was called Pozsony, or Preßburg in german, and served as the host for the parliament in the Kingdom of Hungary. Nitra is Nyitra, it was the administrative centre of Nyitra county in the Kingdom of Hungary. Trnava is Nagyszombat and Trencin is called Trencsén, the administrative centre of Trencsén county.
For Moravia, I think you've mistaken, because those cities are belonging to the Holy Roman Empire on the game map. Also the map is a bit faulty with the placement of the Carpathian mountains and the cities nearby, but as far as I know, a new map is in the making, so this problem will be gone.

othr said:
LordLightbringer said:
foesto said:
is it for 1.112 to or not??
"The mod is currently compatible with Warband 1.105 single player, and it is to be considered in alpha stage."

But there must be new version  for 1.113.othr do you have any ideas about it?

It works with 1.113, just keep in mind the module system used to compile it is still 1.105.  So any bugs related to the module system that were fixed by Taleworlds between 1.105 and 1.113 are still here for the most part.
Thanks for reply mate.I am gonna try it with 1.113 now.

dude you need to fix that traveling speed its too high and by the speed your mod in my game are laggig like a **** and isn't playable ass log you will fix that bug (if it is a bug) any 1 have the same problem???

Bordpapa I am not miskaten about Moravia, I am from Czech republic and I know our history quite well. Bohemia and Moravia were always one historical and state whole + another southern areas at  that time as you can see on the above enclosed map.
I wrote above that Slovakia was under Hungarian Kingdom but I think there should be some town at map as Bratislava ( this town was several names in history -  Pressburg, Pozsony), Nitra, Trencin and so on. The Carpathians are a little screwed and there should be High Tatras at Slovakia better placed as part of the Carpathians. And Wien and Bratislava should lie at Danube.  :wink:

warrior_Lv said:
dude you need to fix that traveling speed its too high and by the speed your mod in my game are laggig like a **** and isn't playable ass log you will fix that bug (if it is a bug) any 1 have the same problem???

I just want you to know that for every fly by newbie spouting problems that have already been addressed in rambling stream of consciousness (and I use that term loosely), there are plenty of other grateful users fully supporting you, and appreciating all the work you're doing for free.

Looks awesome you've definitely done your research. I went and read about everything on Wikipedia and other various other sites, looks like its mostly historically, with just a few missing elements  :grin: . But you can integrate every aspect of the era Im sure, too much stuff right? Anyway, my friend, who is an historian/archaeologist on the 11th-17th century gave it the thumbs up for the history aspect as well (for the most part).
Hope its a cool mod ty for making, gonna try it now :mrgreen:

hotcobbler said:
warrior_Lv said:

I just want you to know that for every fly by newbie spouting problems that have already been addressed in rambling stream of consciousness (and I use that term loosely), there are plenty of other grateful users fully supporting you, and appreciating all the work you're doing for free.
dude it wasnt like an insult to the guy who created the mod this mod is greate but that traveling speed is litle bit anoyig but mod is good

I started to play this mod and speed seems to me very good now and the best as could be. Not too slow and not too fast.  :wink:

Strovanoski said:
Having an issue with this new version, I am unable to import my character. I keep getting told that it is unable to find the character import file, but I have checked multiple times and the file is there. Is there something I can edit or check to make sure it is looking in the right folder?

have you checked your name? it has to be exactly the same.

Just dl'd the new version and have been playing it a bit and im gettin some very annoying crashes at the end of big battles.

After the first time I fight on a new character I won't get any messages about damage, kills or things like "the prosperity of ... has changed from poor to average". Is this on purpose or is it a bug?

Just thought I'd inform you guys of one major bug that I've just now come across..

In Arobroath, Scotland, The door next to the prison guard leads to the 'shop' (which is actually an empty battlefield). The large door next to that leads to somewhere described as a piece of punctuation: "." and leads to the same battlefield, only with cheering tournament crowds.

This is very aggravating as there are three English nobles I'm supposed to be saving from this castle all at once. I'm losing out on some serious cash and kingly respect.

Before any one else posts a Reply talking about that speed problem, people have had it before it is a issue with script. I think he has put it up before cuse lots of people were talking about it.

Mitchmon said:
Before any one else posts a Reply talking about that speed problem, people have had it before it is a issue with script. I think he has put it up before cuse lots of people were talking about it.
yep i have the same problem but mod is prety itresting if there wouldn't have this problem i play this mod whoule day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom