[S]1257 AD (improved) - old discussions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off damn great mod, good work mate! Second... i know this might have been posted before but... There is one bug that is quite annoying.. when you hit backspace to order your troops and than hit it again to get rid of that menu, your mouse is permanently on the screen.  this can get annoying sometimes because it disorientates you!

Jadion said:
First off damn great mod, good work mate! Second... i know this might have been posted before but... There is one bug that is quite annoying.. when you hit backspace to order your troops and than hit it again to get rid of that menu, your mouse is permanently on the screen.  this can get annoying sometimes because it disorientates you!

Got ya, thanks I'll look into it.

Map speed is fixed in 0.8 as are many other issues.

aguds said:
othr said:
SMon said:
Liverpool is a city? What about towns like Birmingham? In the 13th century, afaik Liverpool was rather unimportant. Nice idea, though!

English and Scandinavian cities need work.  I have the information I need for England, just not enough time to replace/rename what's there now, soon (tm).

In Norway, you must place Oslo adjacent to the water. As it was located in "Gamlebyen"(Old Town) on the Ekeberg Hills. Ref:

http://www.visitnorway.com/us/Product/?pid=45491

And Nidaros(current name; Trondheim) is located at the south shore of a fjord also, allthough the fjord isn't that visible if you zoom far out on the e.g google maps..
Nidaros also contains a very beautiful medieval church(The Nidaros dome) if you want to put it in. Ref:

http://www.google.com/images?hl=no&rls=com.microsoft:*&rlz=1I7ADSA_en&q=Nidaros+Domen&lr=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=PX_RS-v8DJ2iOKjuhOoN&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBcQsAQwAA

And if you check a map, you also see you that need to put Bergen more northern in comparison to Oslo.
If you want to know anything about Norway, I can do research for you when I'm bored and at work ;D

Oslo is near the water.  C'mon I can't deliver a 100% accurate map, it's physically not possible.  If you're trying to use my map for driving directions you will be sorely disappointed.

ItAx said:
Nice mod, but could you rename Lithuania to Duchy of Lithuania? That would be more accurate than just "Lithuania" :smile:

Rename it where?  In the game it's called The Grand Duchy of Lithuania.

Just opened a war with the Gaelic forces... and either at a seemingly random point during the battle or on returning to the world map after taking the loot, it crashes. I've tried restarting my PC and downsizing the battles, but neither has worked. Any ideas?

EDIT: Runtime error...

On thing that has bothered me, take for example the Kingdom of France. Every single lord of said kingdom wears a blue surcoat with fleur-de-lis. The same with every other faction, they all have a standardized outfit for the lords. This is historically incorrect. Each lord, hell every person of knightly class should have a distinct heraldic pattern.

Every single one should be different, the purpose of heraldry was identification. Think of it as a name tag.

That being said, people of the same household may have closely related heraldry. For example, say my heraldry was a large fleur-de-lis on a black field. My son's might consider of a large fleur-de-lis with two smaller ones on a black field.

This was done so that in the heat of battle they could identify one another, not only allies but enemies as well.

I think this variation is something that would greatly add to the game. Nothing could add more 'flavor' or a better look and feel.

Thanks, just my two cents

Hi  all,

Thanks for your mod,it is fantastic!!  :eek:

I have a question...¿why all (except mongols) european factions?? ¿¿Do you think about expand map and adthere arabics factions,and iberian peninsular factions like europe 1200 mod??

Congratulations again Othr,thanks for your work! and sorry for my bad english...

Oh that reminds me. The mini-map disappears when you press Q or C or any other button that interrupts the game. I don't suppose that would be very hard to fix. :smile:

So unfortunate about the crashes though. I was really getting into the game. So many hours running about in England, doin' the whole Public Relations thing, playing it safe, gathering a crew of hardened warriors. I've barely touched the rest of Europe.

Sooooooooooo Gaayyyyyyyyyyy  :sad:

Ok this has been bugging me for a while now but, please turn on auto units. You know when you capture a town or castle they auto dump units into there. Please turn it back on cuse every castle or town I capture for england, Scottland just captures it again.

Mitchmon said:
Ok this has been bugging me for a while now but, please turn on auto units. You know when you capture a town or castle they auto dump units into there. Please turn it back on cuse every castle or town I capture for england, Scottland just captures it again.

I agree, or at least tackle this problem some how. As of now, it seems impossible to be able to manage ANYTHING simply because I barely have enough troops to fight with, let alone leave behind.

I got good enough to be able to take a Mongol castle on my own under Poland, but the "Hell yeah!" quickly turned to ":sad:" once I realized I was stuck with a Castle and Village to manage, with only my 45 member party and 12k Denari purse.

Gottschalk said:
On thing that has bothered me, take for example the Kingdom of France. Every single lord of said kingdom wears a blue surcoat with fleur-de-lis. The same with every other faction, they all have a standardized outfit for the lords. This is historically incorrect. Each lord, hell every person of knightly class should have a distinct heraldic pattern.

Every single one should be different, the purpose of heraldry was identification. Think of it as a name tag.

That being said, people of the same household may have closely related heraldry. For example, say my heraldry was a large fleur-de-lis on a black field. My son's might consider of a large fleur-de-lis with two smaller ones on a black field.

This was done so that in the heat of battle they could identify one another, not only allies but enemies as well.

I think this variation is something that would greatly add to the game. Nothing could add more 'flavor' or a better look and feel.

Thanks, just my two cents

It indeed is incorrect.  Only one faction has historically correct heraldry so far, fight some polish dukes and enjoy the show :smile:

Brador said:
i have experienced a bug during battles, some blue line appearing during the battle.

There is some images:

how to put images in the spoiler?
Hmm, do you get glitches like that in other games?  Sometimes that's a sign of a video card going bad, if not try to update your drivers and if you did that then I'm not really sure....  The mod is not doing anything to the landscapes (not since I took out polished landscapes).

mikemhz said:
Just opened a war with the Gaelic forces... and either at a seemingly random point during the battle or on returning to the world map after taking the loot, it crashes. I've tried restarting my PC and downsizing the battles, but neither has worked. Any ideas?

EDIT: Runtime error...

I did what I could do reduce the quality of models used by the mod.  Only suggestion I can make is to reduce the detail further, sorry :sad:

tumph said:
After the first time I fight on a new character I won't get any messages about damage, kills or things like "the prosperity of ... has changed from poor to average". Is this on purpose or is it a bug?

The game stops sending messages to the screen if there is lots of spam like that. Hold still for 30s and messages should start appearing again.

Gr8 looking mod. Any way u to add Kingdom of Serbia to u mod. Just too make more Europe factions, and too make players from Serbia happy.
Keep up the good work.

Is it possible to reduce dificulty? I wish to join Lithuania Forces(now im independent) but to do that I must show what Im capable off to Grand Duke .. so i Must kill some Teotosians.. But the best chance i have to kill Lord with 99 troops.. i have only 44 beggars :/ How can i make less enemies troops -50 or make my +50 ?

I think this mod is too hard :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom