• The forum has been updated. For an explanation of some of the changes, head over here.

[S]1257 AD (improved) - old discussions

Currently viewing this thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.

othr

Master Knight
WB
old discussions.

and even older discussions here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,91275.0.html
 

othr

Master Knight
WB
Because I lack knowledge on the area for the most part.

Give me historically accurate information such as: 2 towns, 4 castles, 8 villages, 10 lords and the troop tree with textures and I'll add it, or maybe not, I don't want to implement the Byzantine Empire as well.  Not at this point anyway.
 

Hermodr

Squire
WB
1. Kingdom of France
2. Kingdom of England
3. Kingdom of Scotland
4. Lordship of Ireland
5. Holy Roman Empire
6. Kingdom of Hungary
7. Duchies of Poland
8. Kingdom of Denmark
9. Kingdom of Norway
10. Kingdom of Sweden
11. The monastic state of Teutonic Knights
12. Lithuania
13. The Mongol Empire
14. The Republic of Novogorod
All factions are from Europe except the mongols that basically are on the other side of the globe. To me the mongols stick out quite a lot. I mean even the chinese are closer to Europe. And don't forget about the indians.

Also maybe I'm wrong. But did sweden have a king in the 13th century? I know it was around that time that sweden converted to christianity. But I don't think it was a kingdom, but maybe I'm wrong.

Also the holy roman empire, didn't exist in the 13 th century. The roman empire fell apart around 500 AC because of a barbarian invasion from the north.
 

othr

Master Knight
WB
All factions are from Europe except the mongols that basically are on the other side of the globe. To me the mongols stick out quite a lot. I mean even the chinese are closer to Europe. And don't forget about the indians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_invasion_of_Europe

Also maybe I'm wrong. But did sweden have a king in the 13th century? I know it was around that time that sweden converted to christianity. But I don't think it was a kingdom, but maybe I'm wrong.
Yes, you are

Also the holy roman empire, didn't exist in the 13 th century. The roman empire fell apart around 500 AC because of a barbarian invasion from the north.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Roman_Empire

Some links for you to read and catch up on history of Europe, and maybe some geography as well :razz:
 

Hermodr

Squire
WB
Oopsi  :oops:

Never knew there were germans calling themself holy romans in 1257. That is interesting, as for the mongols. They got to hungary then went no further. Hungary lays on the very edge of what was back then Europe. The mongols never invaded Europe. They came to Europe but turned back...they could have invaded Europe. But they never did  :mrgreen:

But it's your mod...
 

othr

Master Knight
WB
Hermodr said:
Oopsi  :oops:

Never knew there were germans calling themself holy romans in 1257. That is interesting, as for the mongols. They got to hungary then went no further. Hungary lays on the very edge of what was back then Europe. The mongols never invaded Europe. They came to Europe but turned back...they could have invaded Europe. But they never did  :mrgreen:

But it's your mod...

they got as far as France, they ruled most of Russia for 200 years, in fact they ruled everything east of the Polish eastern border except the northern areas there.
 

othr

Master Knight
WB
Thanks, by the way there is a poll in this thread here if you would like to participate and vote: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,91275.0.html
 

PrinceGhaldir

And... where was that good for?

But that is a fast port you guys made!
 

Lumos

Archduke
WBWF&SNWM&BVC
othr said:
Give me historically accurate information such as: 2 towns, 4 castles, 8 villages, 10 lords and the troop tree with textures and I'll add it, or maybe not, I don't want to implement the Byzantine Empire as well.  Not at this point anyway.
I can do that. But the textures, hmm. For the troop tree I'd want some more info - № of tiers, units, etc. And being mentioned in the credits, too. :mrgreen:
Anyway, I'm sure NikeBG could help with the info. If he wants to, that is.

I don't happen to know any lords' names (history never was my strongest side - I hardly remember dates, although I have a very good memory), but I could find out other things with research.
 

othr

Master Knight
WB
Lumos said:
othr said:
Give me historically accurate information such as: 2 towns, 4 castles, 8 villages, 10 lords and the troop tree with textures and I'll add it, or maybe not, I don't want to implement the Byzantine Empire as well.  Not at this point anyway.
I can do that. But the textures, hmm. For the troop tree I'd want some more info - № of tiers, units, etc. And being mentioned in the credits, too. :mrgreen:
Anyway, I'm sure NikeBG could help with the info. If he wants to, that is.

I don't happen to know any lords' names (history never was my strongest side - I hardly remember dates, although I have a very good memory), but I could find out other things with research.

Now you reminded me I forgot to port town/castle recruitment! gah

Anyway,

There are supposed to be 3 places to recruit from, castles - nobles, mounted troops, towns - more technically advanced troops, villages - basic troops.  Each branch has 6 tiers.  There is only one branch for castles, villages and towns have 2 branches each, 1 for foot soldiers, 1 for ranged, archers come from villages, crossbowmen from towns.  Swordsmen are townsmen, spearmen and billmen are village troops.  At the top of the mounted tree is the knight...

The above is for a generic European tree, Russians, Lithuanians and Mongols have different trees (or will soon).

If you decide to give me the information I require let me know, I have to ask the person who's making the new map if he wants to :smile:


Oh yes and credits is understandable, don't even have to mention it :smile:
 

horzaman

Recruit
Got a bug, or at least somehting that shouldn't be there.

When you create a character you cannot progress beyond killing two looters. There is no way out of the area, you cannot push tab to eave, and no NPC comes either.
also i get a warning saying something a long the lines of "Warning unable to find material lamella_armour_a.lod"

Sorry if it has allready been mentioned

Started the quick start, and is looking good.

One problem is that you have got Liverpool on the border between Wales and England, half way down the border, it should be much more north than that, nearr Beesten castle. Perhaps Chester would have been a better choice of town as that was a major seat of power?

Jim
 

YankeeDoodle

Regular
WB
horzaman said:
Got a bug, or at least somehting that shouldn't be there.

When you create a character you cannot progress beyond killing two looters. There is no way out of the area, you cannot push tab to eave, and no NPC comes either.
also i get a warning saying something a long the lines of "Warning unable to find material lamella_armour_a.lod"

I got all of the same problems. Also, when i started it in quick start, for debugging, i noticed that there are two stirlings in scotland. Not sure if this is intentional or not, im not a big history buff.
 

horzaman

Recruit
Okay, i went to London into the castle and all of the ladies are in their underwear! Henry III was a sly dog it seems :grin: he is also wearing his great helm indoors, which is a little strange, as people really would not have done that!

Edit- I think there was two Stirlings, but it is a triffle confusing
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom