Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• don't care, but if made will get anyways

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

kavien said:
it isn't a medieval game, it's a mafia game.

Dude, Buxton was saying, that Mount&Blade's engine doesn't really smile upon this sort of mod, the engine isn't designed for it, so, my opinion:

I think you should reconsider your idea, maybe something more medieval, or maybe some mod with guns on the battlefield,
but, if you stay with it, and actually get it (Most mods like this die within the first 2 months) it will probably be the most favourate mod ever.

But, don't get your hopes up.

-Alec

Yup Alec is right.

Ans non automatic tommy gun would be lame and also you cant make  a motorcycle out of horse skeleton cause it keeps moving like a horse :grin:

Hey look man, don't give up hope. While tommy guns and cars may be out of the question, you can still make a mod with 1920's clothes, scenes and non automatic weapons. Bombs aren't hard to do and we can just have shot guns and pistols, with lots of asorted mele weapons.

The_Dark_Fire said:
Hey look man, don't give up hope. While tommy guns and cars may be out of the question, you can still make a mod with 1920's clothes, scenes and non automatic weapons. Bombs aren't hard to do and we can just have shot guns and pistols, with lots of asorted mele weapons.

this is EXACTLY what I am going to do. thank you.

kavien said:
The_Dark_Fire said:

this is EXACTLY what I am going to do. thank you.
Do you even know where to start?

he has come a long way. I think he did highelf's tutorials. I know him personaly, along with his brother,
Judgernaut, I trust they will do good.

So do I, but if it keeps you away from the habit of spamming us with new mod ideas every week I will support it.

But seriously, why would you use tihs kind of game to make a mod like that??
It is said one million three hundred and fifty five times that it is impossible to make cars move, and if you can't even
make such an epic weapon like the thompson to work, then I don't know what to say :?:

And just as a sidequestion; Do you intend to make this mod just because you watched The Godfather triology and felt
so mobster, or is it because you do have some expertise in this kind of setting?

I know. I never understand why people want to mod M&B to settings like this... I think WW1 is as far as you can take firearm mods in this game, and even then it's pushing it. There's dozens of FPS out there which are infinitely better for this sort of thing..

Dain Ironfoot said:
I predict failure.
True. It was obvious just by reading at the first post.
Kavien, modding something like this (I mean, to make it worthwhile, sure, you can make tommyguns, and make 20's clothes or whatever, but it will still be M&B's medieval world with extra items, unless you heavily modify scenes and a BUNCH of other stuff) would require a huge amount of time an experience. Now, I wouldn't even post something like this, but you have been posting mod "ideas" without nothing to back them up. At least MAKE something, then post it and show it to us, so that people will know that are really planning to do this, then you might get some support, outside the ocasional fanboys.

yes, I watched the godfather trilogy, and I'm in a play thats set in the 20's.
that and the mafia is awesome.
*click**click**click**click**click**click**click* =automatic weapons.
cars will have the be inamimate objects, but still cool none-the-less.
I have already made an iron pipe, a brick, a knife and a bat (sort of).
I will posts pics when the internet on my other computer starts working (curse vista)
and judgernaut has already made a tommy-gun (almost done)

kavien said:
1:yes, I watched the godfather trilogy, and I'm in a play thats set in the 20's.
that and the mafia is awesome.
2:*click**click**click**click**click**click**click* =automatic weapons.
cars will have the be inamimate objects, but still cool none-the-less.

1: Your hype will slowly die down (belive me I know, I've been there done that, even for this setting)

2: No one wants to do that

you don't know me, my ideas never die down.
if you don't want to do click repeteadly then don't get the tommy.

I just saw about three of your ideas die.

Why don't you ask...the guy who made the fully automatic machine gun for his code that might help.

at first i though this would be bad but after thinkin about it if u do make the whole thing a city it might not be so bad. Although youd have to make every battle like a fight in a village, and if u did this i think it would be better to go for more of a Gangs of New York theme seeing as the weapons and fighting tactics of the game would go better with the time. Fighting with the weapons of the 20's using medieval formations would not work, could u see 2 battle lines of men with tommy guns and BARs walkin towards each other, it would be a horribly unrealistic slaughter fest. Fighting like this requires an AI that knows how to take cover and shoot in bursts and such.

A Gangs of New York mod would go much better, im too tired to explain why, but if u ever saw the movie youd already know

Due as you will. And it is possible to create automatic weapons in M&B. And as the (attempted) creator of a firearms mod with automatic weapons the reason why I want to make a mod for an engine not suited towards it is more because I'm familiar with it. I know M&B.

Back
Top Bottom