Reminder that even with an overwhelming negative response to the MP, Taleworlds won't change any fundamental design decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

1. "easy to see what enemy is picking with limited class"
- Why not reward scouting enemy units and see what kind of weapons and armors they chose.
2. "It looks nicer"
- I don't care.
3. "You can easily switch from cav to archer"
- This probem was made through not having battle mode - single life mode.
- It does happen you switch from archer to inf after dying for example, but it is not too common. Having "pre-selected" in the armory option "1000 gold unit inf spawn slash" "1000 gold spawn mace" "2000 gold inf tank" . (We still can't even change default perks in armory by the way..) helps this
- So if I die as archer and want light inf spawn, I pick my preselected 1000 gold unit outfit, maybe swap out my spear and get a better helmet, and respawn.
- This rewards planning and tinkering in armory.
4. "New players won't know what to pick"
- Have suggested builds options in respawn interface. See above
5. "Its easier to balance"
- Sure, but not much more so. Have inf pick between 5 different armors, 2 gloves, 3 boots, 4 helmets. 3 shields. 2 throwing options. 1 spear, 1 pike, etc. Just change the gold cost of each item if it is too good. (also introduce base high base cost of respawning to prevent 0 gold spawns)

TLDR: Bring back the real class system.

Design problems aside, I do want to play the multiplayer, but I can't even log in. It keeps saying "Couldn't receive login result from server." It's been two weeks and they still haven't fixed it. I even sent them my Steam profile link and log.

This discussion again?

Of course a developer - as employee of a company - will have to defend the design choices. In my work field I have my personal opinions as well about how certain stuff is handled etc, but I have to oblige with what my superiors say and I have to advertise/defend/take a stance which I personally would not take under certain circumstances. Whoever says he can do otherwise all the time is probably too young to have worked for more than 3+ years, born rich, stupid and soon or straight unemployed. To throw this as the devs while probably doing the same thing at work is two-faced af.

Disagree, hate etc as much as you want. But the dev doesn't get a choice either if he does not want to live on welfare cheques.

Yes. That's why you have dedicated PR people to do the talking. Talking is a dangerous thing. Talk a little too much or pick some unfortunate wording, and this is what you get. Remember all the crap Taleworlds got for announcing Bannerlord waaaaay too early? Too vicious of a beating for such an innocent mistake.

Someone is responsible for making the decisions, and not making changes based on the community feedback.
Most of the issues we still have with the game could've been changed in alpha, and we were incredibly direct about what should be changed in order to make the game better.
Its too late now, either we wait for mods to make the improvements, which will drastically reduce the potential reach of the game, or we make use of what we have.
Or we give up entirely. Cant blame people for calling it quits at this point.

This discussion again?

Of course a developer - as employee of a company - will have to defend the design choices. In my work field I have my personal opinions as well about how certain stuff is handled etc, but I have to oblige with what my superiors say and I have to advertise/defend/take a stance which I personally would not take under certain circumstances. Whoever says he can do otherwise all the time is probably too young to have worked for more than 3+ years, born rich, stupid and soon or straight unemployed. To throw this as the devs while probably doing the same thing at work is two-faced af.

Disagree, hate etc as much as you want. But the dev doesn't get a choice either if he does not want to live on welfare cheques.
Notice how the title says "Taleworlds" as a company and not specifically targeted at the devs.

Yes. That's why you have dedicated PR people to do the talking. Talking is a dangerous thing. Talk a little too much or pick some unfortunate wording, and this is what you get. Remember all the crap Taleworlds got for announcing Bannerlord waaaaay too early? Too vicious of a beating for such an innocent mistake.
That is a company decision, not a consumer/buyer decision. Their inability to anticipate the completion of the game is of no regards to the consumer. Their management made a mistake, and like any other company there is no point on sugarcoating it.

Someone is responsible for making the decisions, and not making changes based on the community feedback.
Most of the issues we still have with the game could've been changed in alpha, and we were incredibly direct about what should be changed in order to make the game better.
Its too late now, either we wait for mods to make the improvements, which will drastically reduce the potential reach of the game, or we make use of what we have.
Or we give up entirely. Cant blame people for calling it quits at this point.
At this point I've given up until Mods Tools are released. When that moment comes, its definitely worth another try. But like you said, it really depends on the base game.. On the other hand, I know there are some really capable modders so it is never to late to revive this game. The question is just how long is this going to take, is it 1 year, maybe 2?

Can you explain to me how a russian guy modded online world to the game, rewrote major code, has more than 6 servers running and updates the game daily? I mean for **** sake.
Most likely because he can also get away with having a very barren mod.

Can you imagine TW releasing the same exact thing with that amount of content?

That's how bannerlord MP feels KEKW

Its no longer our problem to deal with. Taleworlds can do whatever they want with multiplayer.

We told them within the first 15 minutes of Alpha that the class system and gamemodes they selected would lead to low player retention and very few new players. Some of the individual devs quietly agreed with us, but its been obvious from the start that there is someone or a group of someones higher up on the totem poll that want their way to be how things are done. We did our best, now it isnt our burden to bear.

Its to the point where there are plenty of other things to entertain us. The botched Bannerlord class system hasnt exactly been crossing my mind while Im playing Valheim with other RCC members. Weve been getting our usual numbers for Brightfyre battle events and GK Siege nights. We even hosted a Rome2 Tournament. Hell we had 15 people playing BO a couple days ago. That 15 was more than the total amount queueing for skimish in NA, and that was just my group of friends, not accounting for the other 3000 people who prefer it to what we were given by Taleworlds.

My fears exiting the beta were that a bad Bannerlord would see our communities broken up and scattered, but it has become very obvious that isnt going to happen. The NA and EU communities are much too entrenched to let some bad decisions by the developers scatter us, and now in our entiretys we are just waiting around for something that actually looks good to grab our attention.

My fears exiting the beta were that a bad Bannerlord would see our communities broken up and scattered, but it has become very obvious that isnt going to happen. The NA and EU communities are much too entrenched to let some bad decisions by the developers scatter us, and now in our entiretys we are just waiting around for something that actually looks good to grab our attention.
People are not staying because of the possibility of MP getting better because of TW. They are staying because of the possibility of MP getting better because of the community.

If you would've cut the amazing modding community out of the picture, the game would've been dead a long time ago. But even in that TW failed to satisfy and decided to delay mods for years if not months. Yes i clearly say Taleworlds because they are responsible for putting priorities wrong.

So like you said yes, when something better comes around people will stick. But people have decided mostly that the native is doomed.

People are not staying because of the possibility of MP getting better because of TW. They are staying because of the possibility of MP getting better because of the community.

If you would've cut the amazing modding community out of the picture, the game would've been dead a long time ago. But even in that TW failed to satisfy and decided to delay mods for years if not months. Yes i clearly say Taleworlds because they are responsible for putting priorities wrong.

So like you said yes, when something better comes around people will stick. But people have decided mostly that the native is doomed.
You misinterpreted me. People arent staying *in* Bannerlord. Nobody is playing native Bannerlord anymore. My point is that the communities that I thought would need to rely on Bannerlord dont actually need it and are just playing other games together.

Back
Top Bottom