SP Fantasy Redwall Mod

Which scene should I start working on next?

• Marshank Fort

Votes: 72 53.7%
  • The Farm by River Moss

Votes: 41 30.6%
  • Noonvale

Votes: 17 12.7%
  • Other (post)

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Pinky said:
Qtee said:
Awesome! I love redwall and I love Mount & Blade
If I wasn't so busy with univesity I'd pitch is and try to help with this.

Have you seen this thread? http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,90002.15.html Del is the man you want to talk to. Maybe he could help with some animal head models, or at least give you some advice on how to produce ones as good as his.

Edit: The screenshots are out on that thread, but his animal heads were brilliant trust me. I think hes working on a mod called "warsword" or something atmo, so check the skaven out in that mod to give you an idea
That link is to this thread

:lol:

Anyways, I wish you luck in thy HOBOWORK Ares!

Ares, i'd suggest you place your story outside any of the Redwall books and think of some leader for the vermin horde like Gnar Redeye.

But maybe that's what you're doing...

redwall is the hampsters with swords or something amrite?  :wink:

Hell I got the books, mabye I should read them :eek:

Hey, go check out the Steampunk OSP.  Its got some pretty nice Rat Bodies and Heads.

Also, Ironlauncher could be used to create different sized characters.

OK, I locked the poll. I think it's quite clear that we should encompass the whole of the Redwall Series (or at least as much as we can).
- whole of redwall: 22 votes
- specific book: 3 votes
- specific time period: 3 votes

I will be starting a new poll soon.

Zarthas said:
Hey, go check out the Steampunk OSP.  Its got some pretty nice Rat Bodies and Heads.

I'm honestly not sure what Ironlauncher is, but if it can accomplish this, then I'll definitely look into it.

Ruthven said:
Seriously, doing the massive majority of the work will take you much farther; that one mod you mentioned is nice and all, but on these fora, that isn't really going to work. You're intelligent though, and willing to work, so you should be fine. If you need it, this might help you out in terms of finding some stuff.
Well, I generally like to scorn the commonly accepted thought and forge my own destiny :mrgreen:
But anyhow, thanks for the link. I'm sure it will come in handy.

COGlory said:
Could I recommend owls?  Ibanez wrote a flying script somewhere.  :smile:
:shock:
This will not be an immediate priority, but I'll definitely look into it. Having bird characters would just be awesome.

Faction ideas so far:
Southsward
Woodlanders (primarily Mossflower woods)
Redwallers
Salamandastron
Guosim
Corsairs (maybe two corsair factions)
Vermin (bandits)
Horde (will find a name for it sometime)

Note: I might also try to put in the northern castle/faction from the book "Triss"

Salamandastron will be awesome. Badger warriors ftw.

Also, add that one berserker otter guy with the funny birthmark on his hand (you know who I mean) as a companion.

Ruthven said:
Salamandastron will be awesome. Badger warriors ftw.

Also, add that one berserker otter guy with the funny birthmark on his hand (you know who I mean) as a companion.
Do you mean Taggerung? I'm actually thinking of having an actual Vermin Taggerung who leads some bands in the northwest.

I definitely want to get Salamandastron in. It might be a real scene making challenge, but I'll try the bet I can. Of course, I could just go the route of making the inside and outside two separate scenes.

Also:
UggaBugga has made some signature pictures:

redwallbanner2.png

Code:
[URL=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,90002.0.html][IMG]http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/8786/redwallbanner2.png[/IMG]

redwallbanner4.png

Code:
[URL=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,90002.0.html][IMG]http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/8739/redwallbanner4.png[/IMG]

redwallbanner3.png

Code:
[URL=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,90002.0.html][IMG]http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/5408/redwallbanner3.png[/IMG]

This is going to be awesome. Just stick with it please. If this gets finished it will definitely be an awesome mod no doubt.

Brilliant idea for a mod!

Read the books as a kid and always thought it'd make a great game.

I'd offer to help with the basics, but it looks like you already know how to do everything I can with the module system. However if you need some textures done/tweaked, my meager skills are at your service. :smile:

ares007 said:
Zarthas said:
I'm honestly not sure what Ironlauncher is, but if it can accomplish this, then I'll definitely look into it.
That's not quite right, the tool OpenBRF will allow you to import custom skeletons, making it possible to change posture/height. Using the Iron Launcher to start the game simply fixes hit box issues.

Wow, redwall! I loved the books :grin: (still read them sometimes when I get bored.) Read all of them except for the sable quean. I would love to help. I'm a fairly decent modeler with blender 3d and 3ds max. I've done c++ and dabbled in python but I've never really scripted much for M&B.I can do animations as well. Plus, I have the knowledge of the books pretty fresh in my head.

One thing about the mod though, I'm sure everyone has a different image about how the animals are suppose to look in their heads, size, etc. Do you guys already have concept art or this figured out?

so yeh, just say so if you need my help

UggaBugga said:
post the sigs on the first page!
Done
Moss said:
Brilliant idea for a mod!

Read the books as a kid and always thought it'd make a great game.

I'd offer to help with the basics, but it looks like you already know how to do everything I can with the module system. However if you need some textures done/tweaked, my meager skills are at your service. :smile:

ares007 said:
Zarthas said:
That's not quite right, the tool OpenBRF will allow you to import custom skeletons, making it possible to change posture/height. Using the Iron Launcher to start the game simply fixes hit box issues.
I'll keep that in mind. I'm sure there's something you could do to help. In fact, if you want to perhaps work on some scenes (for various Redwall locations) or create characters and quests, then go right ahead. In my view, the more [well-conceived] characters/heroes/companions the better. I'm sure there will be texture work to be done. I'll let you know if you there is anything specific you could help with.

buggy123 said:
Wow, redwall! I loved the books :grin: (still read them sometimes when I get bored.) Read all of them except for the sable quean. I would love to help. I'm a fairly decent modeler with blender 3d and 3ds max. I've done c++ and dabbled in python but I've never really scripted much for M&B.I can do animations as well. Plus, I have the knowledge of the books pretty fresh in my head.

One thing about the mod though, I'm sure everyone has a different image about how the animals are suppose to look in their heads, size, etc. Do you guys already have concept art or this figured out?

so yeh, just say so if you need my help
Ok awesome! Currently the most important thing modelling-wise is to create animal heads (basically as helmets). Del is allowing us to use some of his animals (3 rabbits, rat, cat, fox), but there should definitely be more (mouse, hare, squirrel, otter, weasel, etc).

As far as the image of the animals... Unless you are a super modeler/animator and can import great custom skeletons and animations into the game, I think we will just be limited to the restraints of MnB and have people-looking animals. Of course, if you are, then we may just be able to make a completely awesome Redwall mod.

Right now, however, I think that the focus should be on the animal heads (as far as modeling. Also note that UggaBugga is currently working on weapons. You could probably coordinate with him about that if you wanted).

And of course I'd love to have some help with the general "lore". I'm thinking that the mod will take place in some undetermined time after the latest book so that we can create our own "story" and characters. If you'd like to create any quests, companions, and etc, then that would also be great. I've got some ideas about the primary "antagonist". Perhaps we should assign one of us for each faction so that we can all work on the seperate factions faster. (Note, that includes troop trees, related heroes, "lords", faction leader, and possibly scenes)

Should I go ahead and add Moss and buggy123 to the mod-team?

omg lol I attempted to write a redwall story for fanfic a while back. Maybe we can use that if I can find it (It's something about the invasion of a vermin horde led by a treacherous/delusional/outcast badger) It's not finished, but still

also, do you guys use skype, msn, irc, or anything like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom