Realm of the Falcon units

Users who are viewing this thread

Leonion said:
Nobles can be recruited when your relationship with Falcons is high enough (40 IIRC).

Thanks. I've just noticed that swearing fealty does not automatically boost relationship to 40. So many obstacles for Falcon  :meh:

Aepele Fealcans are stupidly easy to get if you have good blunt cavalry.  Then they self-perpetuate because they train into really good blunt cavalry.

Peasant rebels in Falcon territory are often groups of up to 20+ Aepele Fealcans.  If you're in the area, spend time to chase them down, corner them, and then beat them up.  You don't take a reputation hit to the Falcons for attacking the peasant rebels; you will, however, take a hit to bandit relations.  If you have any decent relationship with the Falcons, and decent charisma (not sure how necessary this is), you can recruit them from your prisoner pool.

In my last play through doing just as described above, I recruited several hundred Aepele Fealcans and trained them up to Light Renweards and Renweards.  At one point, I had too many Falcon blunt cavalry, and then devoted training to make my Aepele Fealcans into Sceotend Fealcans and Frod Sceotend Fealcans.  After which, I stopped using Hired Mercenary units.

In short, just because you cannot recruit them from villages in large numbers, doesn't mean you can't get them in large numbers.  Falcon vassalage is helpful but not required.

YMMV

Since this is a thread about the realm of the falcon units, I'll just post my query/queries about this faction's troops here.

If you change your kingdom culture to ROTF, can you then hire their troops, the cavalry line (not the noble troops)? Can you also hire their dismounted troops?
If not, are there any other ways to hire those troops other than rescuing them when they're taken captive or recruiting them (if you're the one to imprison them)?

Ditchinit said:
Aepele Fealcans are stupidly easy to get if you have good blunt cavalry.  Then they self-perpetuate because they train into really good blunt cavalry.

Peasant rebels in Falcon territory are often groups of up to 20+ Aepele Fealcans.  If you're in the area, spend time to chase them down, corner them, and then beat them up.  You don't take a reputation hit to the Falcons for attacking the peasant rebels; you will, however, take a hit to bandit relations.  If you have any decent relationship with the Falcons, and decent charisma (not sure how necessary this is), you can recruit them from your prisoner pool.

In my last play through doing just as described above, I recruited several hundred Aepele Fealcans and trained them up to Light Renweards and Renweards.  At one point, I had too many Falcon blunt cavalry, and then devoted training to make my Aepele Fealcans into Sceotend Fealcans and Frod Sceotend Fealcans.  After which, I stopped using Hired Mercenary units.

In short, just because you cannot recruit them from villages in large numbers, doesn't mean you can't get them in large numbers.  Falcon vassalage is helpful but not required.

YMMV

Good strategy. However, I never had much luck in recruiting prisoners.

@Leonion: Could you please share the mechanics of recruiting prisoners in Perisno? Is there a persuasion skill check? And is there a time requirement (i.e. after being prisoners for some days)?

wiwigvn said:
@Leonion: Could you please share the mechanics of recruiting prisoners in Perisno? Is there a persuasion skill check? And is there a time requirement (i.e. after being prisoners for some days)?
3Kccoxo.jpg

Im actually a vassal of them and found a way to get troops from them in a very faster way, where i put 2 different ugprades for the falcon mercenary to aepele fealcan and widumann. And widumann to the archer ones.

Seriously why do a lot of people want Falcon troops? :ohdear: I usually invade them first at day 240 when Zann destroys most of their lords and takes a couple of their castles. :shifty: They are the first faction I want to destroy in every game I start. :fruity:

Because they kinda dispose elite troops that other factions don't really have. Lets take for example the Renweard Marshall, well i can't actually recruit them but when i fought together with gunnar these guys did a
pack-a-punch against our enemies. These guys are like a combination of a powerfull ranged unit with a melee unit which makes them complete boss.

Is it correct that any non Falcon towns/castles you conquer, yield nobles from that land, not Falconian ones?  Or is that a bug?

Incidentally, I find it interesting that Hakkon regularly kicks the Falcon's butt in campaigns I play, unless I've chosen to join them.  I wonder if there's a problem with Falcon AI?  I watched Falcon's Pride get taken, and I was traveling as a member of Gunnar's army.  We could've kicked Hakkon's butt, but Gunnar did nothing as the castle was lost.  It ultimately worked out well for me, but it was very strange that all these Falcon Lords just ignored it. 

For those looking for Falcon troops, I've found that the first time I fight Onishi, he always has Falcon troops in his prisoner list.

-Hawk

As far as i know, AI battles are not the same as battles where the player participates. I heard that AI battles are just number calculations, that means even 1000 peasants can win a battle against 150 knights while in  a player battle the peasants would all just die, if you ever participate in a battle between hakkon and falcon, im pretty sure falcon will beat them up very hard.

Sri Singha Mura said:
Seriously why do a lot of people want Falcon troops? :ohdear: I usually invade them first at day 240 when Zann destroys most of their lords and takes a couple of their castles. :shifty: They are the first faction I want to destroy in every game I start. :fruity:

I take it you've never actually played as the Falcons......
No joke, they have the strongest elite cavalry in the entire game that aren't Household or Lord-Specific (Renweards).
If you want to know how strong they are, field 50-90 Renweards against any army less than 350 people.
They win. Also, now you have 10k worth of prisoners. :lol:

Also, Renweards are one of the hardest troops to get. If you want to upgrade from the Light Renweard, even spamming the Crtl-X cheat will take you 5 minutes, and manually upgrading will probably take more than (in-game) two months. The easiest way to get a Renweard is to hire a large patrol as a Falcon vassal in a castle you own using the constable, then to take the Renweards away from the patrol, and then disband the patrol, essentially creating free Renweards.

Hawkwinter said:
Incidentally, I find it interesting that Hakkon regularly kicks the Falcon's butt in campaigns I play, unless I've chosen to join them. 
Dimitris5050 said:
I heard that AI battles are just number calculations, that means even 1000 peasants can win a battle against 150 knights
Autocalc battles are not just number calculations, they take soldiers's strength into account.
For example, a farmer's autocalc strength is 1 while a renweard's autocalc strength is 174.
But the game engine does favor quantity over quality when processing automatic battles.

As we're talking about auto-calc, what do you guys use as "auto-calc" troop late game (i.e. quick to amass, high auto-calc value)? Like the Berserkers in Pendor  :wink:

The entire premise that a kingdom can even field ONLY units that have been trained in special academies closed off to strangers is complete horse**** (you may fill in the blanks) no kingdom no matter how rich could afford to do this, that and the fact that with 100 of these you can pretty much win against anything that's in the game right now, (have beaten over 1.5k troops with these on max difficulty), I mean come on, a while ago the elintor (back in the day Redwood) was really broken but at least they had a counter in heavy cavalry but the falcon? they can't be out shot cause their armor is BS and they have great shooters, cav doesn't get countered by spears at all in this, and their armor is BS so they'll literally beat anyone in melee, I know they're supposed to be the "proffessional army" guys but even Prussia in it's glory days wasn't like this, hell if the AI was half way decent it could literally take out every other faction combined. Hell want a really easy way to beat the game? become a falcon lord recruit to your party limit leave your lord and conquer somewhere else, congrats you now have an unbeatable army of doom to conquer the rest of calradia, after that you just have to outnumber the falcon 20 to 1.

WOW that was a long winded rant.

It's actually perisno not calradia like you just said, plus the falcons doesn't seem to be that op to me. If you get somehow troops like maccavian knight of steel you could get them easily since crossbows can kill them fast. Even zann manages to take their land and they don't even have an so op army at all.

Back
Top Bottom