RCC_PWMod [Rules Poll Added! 13/11/10]

Should NLR (New Life Rule) Be added to the server?

• Yes

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Exactly. It wouldn't stop the people who don't play by the rules. It was just cause them to lock down the armory and make sure no one could get in, causing more chaos.

NOVICIUS said:
My suggestiones were optional: or 1 or 2, not both at the same time....I have to say that resently admin respond very quick to armory killing :grin:
Still we can look for ideas becouse it is annoying.There is no way to buy weapon and see what is behind you in the same time .Ppl who spend some time collecting money for a good armor and horse loosing all in seconds. Even if good work of admin remove killer from the game is simply to late for a player.On the bad day that can happend twice to anybody and lead to stop play even for the most passionate player not talking about newcommer.

try holding the ` key (to the right of the numnbers)

There is absolutely no way to enforce ANY rules of this mod, because of lazy admins, and even RANDOMER admins.
If you are better than anyone that tries to kill you, and you kill them, they can claim that you randomed them, and there is absolutely NOTHING YOU CAN ******** DO ABOUT IT. I would like this mod if there were better admins on servers.
Damn, I was on a server (Not sure if it was rcc but I think it was) and 2 ADMINS were killing people who tried to come into the armory.
Now, I have an idea, I don't know if you can do this.
Maybe for warnings, you could have a keyboard key that you would press when looking at someone, and then it would warn that person, you have to wait between presses, and THEN, after the three presses, it would say "NAME can now kill NAME for refusing to yield."
And even pressing esc and clicking "Set Bounty" and you choose an amount of gold to set to that, and it gives it to someone.
What I mean is, there needs to be a consistent way to enforce the rules without relying on finicky admins.
Sorry if it sounds like I'm insulting all you good admins out there.
EDIT: Oh yeah, the ` key works, I get the jump on randomers all the time with that. (Also known as the ~ key.)

richguy421 said:
There is absolutely no way to enforce ANY rules of this mod, because of lazy admins, and even RANDOMER admins.
If you are better than anyone that tries to kill you, and you kill them, they can claim that you randomed them, and there is absolutely NOTHING YOU CAN ******** DO ABOUT IT. I would like this mod if there were better admins on servers.
Damn, I was on a server (Not sure if it was rcc but I think it was) and 2 ADMINS were killing people who tried to come into the armory.
Now, I have an idea, I don't know if you can do this.
Maybe for warnings, you could have a keyboard key that you would press when looking at someone, and then it would warn that person, you have to wait between presses, and THEN, after the three presses, it would say "NAME can now kill NAME for refusing to yield."
And even pressing esc and clicking "Set Bounty" and you choose an amount of gold to set to that, and it gives it to someone.
What I mean is, there needs to be a consistent way to enforce the rules without relying on finicky admins.
Sorry if it sounds like I'm insulting all you good admins out there.
EDIT: Oh yeah, the ` key works, I get the jump on randomers all the time with that. (Also known as the ~ key.)

ive never seen you playing in RCC, you mightve been on berrie's or 22nd. tell laszlo about the 3 presses thing or code it yourself because i dont think RCC/RRC has any coders

When I was on the POM server, it was a complete disaster. Granted it was new, but no rules had been implemented, I'm not sure if any have now, haven't been there since.

Yeah admins were slaughtering people in the armory on POM, but like TheAegis said, it was before rules were implemented.

NOVICIUS said:
I like to thank admins for their good work resently :grin:

I am still confused abaut 3 things:

1.3 warning rule - with lokal chat warking randomly it can happen that you will be death before second warning. If somebody unarmed charge through the gate of castle you try to control there is no time for warnings. Thats serious issue in Red Castle becouse that guy will go strait to armory and before you get to him you will be attack by arrows. Even if you kill him that not pleasant and usually is combine with other guys in the same time getting in while you chase the first intruder.This is insane!!!

2.Neutrals - better name:maruders - do not trust them at any time as long you dont know them well. The problem is that neutrals could be neutral or not. So 4 riders on your way. 2 of them are realy neutral(maybe just start the game for the very first time) other 2 dont like you. You want see the names until close range so you will take them all as neutral neutrals. In close range you see yours 2 enemies so you attack them.Becouse it look like random attack other 2 neutrals attack you as well and you fight 4 of them.Belive me there is no time for explenation :lol: - same story in castle: if you let one neutral in he will probably let others neutrals in to the castle who in that very moment is not yours anymore. My point is: NEUTRALS ARE FACTION
and THE MOST RANDOM FACTION IN THE GAME :evil:

3.Bandits(again :???:)- armed bandit passing by but he show you clearly is not his itension to attack you.Fine.Then while you carry on he attack you with spear from the back and kill your horse.How about that.You blame your self that you did not kill him in the first place.

My suggestions:
1.Every body should be allowed to make own decision when somebody is the threat to him.If people do not stop to talk when they came in to restrict areas they should know about danger of being killed without any warning.
2.I do not know what to do about Neutrals apart off killing them all just in case
3.The same:kill them all while you can

If it obvious they are on their way to the armoury and they intend to cause harm you can kill them.
1. The warnings should be better off shouted via world, as local sucks. People making their own decision will lead to Randoming, as people would say 'I took him as a threat, even though he was unarmed, so I killed him'
2. Neutrals can be hired - they are mercs, so sometimes they may end up killing you because your opposing faction hired them. But they have to make it clear they work for x faction.
3. Would be Randoming.

This might be on an off note, or in the wrong forum, but why is the 22nd server down? I downloaded this mod because I saw a server with 60+ people in it (this was 3/4 weeks ago, just at the end of v2), now there are hardly 30 people online ever!

The 22nd might have been not too great for "roleplaying" but it was awesome to make a faction that had real loyalty to eachother, becouse they would get robbed or randomed when they would not stick together. Now it's all about "OMG IM A SERF DONT ATTACK ME BRO" fest between 17 or so people and allot of (roleplaying breaks lol).

What I'm saying is; why not get the old server back, argo the popularity up and instead of roleplaying let people develop their own "roleplay" that is nessecary to survive in the persistant world!

The New Life Rule can be bent to get around bandits killing in the armory, be clever and RP your way around it. Or you could travel with another player--it's much safer.

NOVICIUS said:
SORRY BUT ONE MORE TIME TO BE CLEAR!!!!

SOMEBODY EXPLAIN TO ME PLS WHERE IS THAT INSANE BANDIT PROTECTION CAME FROM!!!!!!!

I AM TIRED OF BRINGING EXAMPLES TO PROOF HOW WRONG IT IS

SORRY, BUT ONE MORE TIME TO BE CLEAR! STOP COMPLAINING THAT WE DON'T RESPOND TO POSTS YOU MADE 10 MINUTES AGO!

SOMEBODY PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHO THE HELL THIS GUY IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---

Thank you, that is all.

Fingernail said:
Czar9797 said:
Fingernail said:
Czar9797 said:
Fingernail said:
Most people got bored when the 22nd server was first closed and just forgot about this mod.  :smile:

Evidently you haven't noticed the 22nd server is up and running.

Evidently you didn't actually understand what I said :grin:

Stop trying to insult me and at the same time use smileys.

Evidently you got it all wrong. I wasn't trying to insult you. (:lol:)

The other posts you've made indicate that you're an overgrown toenail to this thread.

I'm having an interesting problem with joining the RCC Server.

Now, in order for me to play at all, I have to use the trick where I delete the map file and have it download from the servers or else I get stuck at the Choose Faction screen. Using that, I have been playing on the RCC server with no issues until today.

When the map downloads, rather than downloading the entire file which is 527Kb or something similar, it downloads another map sized 418kbs. Being that this map is not the one currently running, I'm immediately thrown into the wrong map as though the round had just ended and again it begins the map download process. And again stops at the 418kbs.

I tried reinstalling the mod and running it again without the delete map file trick, and it loaded the map up without issue.. Until it gets to the faction choice screen where I then am stuck in limbo. Then using the trick again.. I get stuck with the wrong map loading up.

Any suggestions would be appriciated!

I heard somewhere you have to press a button and it unsticks you on the faction select screen...
Lots of people have been getting this bug (Not just on my server) and I hope it gets fixed soon  :neutral:

NOVICIUS said:
artifex said:
NOVICIUS said:
SORRY BUT ONE MORE TIME TO BE CLEAR!!!!

SOMEBODY EXPLAIN TO ME PLS WHERE IS THAT INSANE BANDIT PROTECTION CAME FROM!!!!!!!

I AM TIRED OF BRINGING EXAMPLES TO PROOF HOW WRONG IT IS

SORRY, BUT ONE MORE TIME TO BE CLEAR! STOP COMPLAINING THAT WE DON'T RESPOND TO POSTS YOU MADE 10 MINUTES AGO!

SOMEBODY PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHO THE HELL THIS GUY IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---

Thank you, that is all.

This is misunderstanding. I do not complain about respond to post. I DO complain about bandit protection rule. I went in caps to provoke more reaction to that problem but obviously is not the right way to do that.

If you have more presice question about my self i will think about answer to them.

The bandit protection is really handy. I play as the brigad class for an equal a balance of bows/polearms, but I never commit any crimes.

Tell me, just because someone is wearing clothing that looks like a bandit's, does it give you right to kill them for NO REASON?

Back
Top Bottom