RaW 2.55 open testing and work in progress versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Its been ages since I played M&B and had to jump in to try the mod. I seem to be missing hand and neck textures wearing armor as well as textures of some Linothoraxes on version 2.55. Any pointers on a quick fix?

Ah so I've wondered for a while, why haven't you added any Corinthian helmets yet? I'm pretty certain they were used in this time period.
Also (this might be in already, haven't played for awhile) I also believe that bronze cuirasses did indeed exist in this time period also.

:lol:

Have fun answering that for the billionth time Seek!

Ok.. I'm not that lazy.
The traditional corinthian helmet started dissapearing, or rather taking new forms some time before this mods time period.
I think the main reason for the updated version was because soldiers would much rather have a helmet with better hearing and more visibility.
The legacy of the corinthian helmet would be the Apulo Corithian and the chalcidian helmet, which they have in the mod.

I did not look anything up for source, so please correct me if I'm wrong. 

There's a type of corinthian helmet in the mod(the more open eye-slots, akin to a Chalcidian helmet). But what I think you mean by 'Corinthian helmet' fell out of grace and use long before the 3rd century BC. There could have been some, like family heirlooms and such, but I doubt shops were going to sell them openly.  :smile:

The team of RaW has done a good job about research.

EDIT: Oh. What Holmgard said.

What they said is correct, I'm not sure it warrants further explanation but might aswell, just for fun!
As mentioned by HolmgårdViking, the Corinthian helmet fell out of use and was succeeded by Chalcidian and Attic type of helmets and the former would fall out of use roughly a century later if I recall correctly as the Greeks were shifting increasingly towards easier to produce and more open-faced helmets types. I remember a book mentioning the Spartans adopting the pylos type of helmet over the Corinthian one as a message that they didn't hide themselves behind a helmet (Was it history of the Greek helmets ?).
The most recent (in chronology) Corinthian helmet I ever managed to find after some extensive research was dated ~400 B.C. and dug up from a Scythian grave and it was most likely a trophy because it seems highly unpractical for mounted combat.
Now the Italian factions/tribes/colonies might have the closest resembling helmets to the Corinthian, the Apulo-Corinthian being a direct evolution of it saw extensive use in Italy and up to the first century A.D. if my memory serves well:
prev_apulo_typeC.png
The Etruscans (Rasenna in the mod) used the Corinthian helmet around the 7th to 5th century B.C. so logically they made their own variants and evolutions of the helmet in a sort of italo-chalcidian helmet:
prev_italo_chalcidian_t4.png
pev_h3_italo-chlcidian.png
Then there's Megálê Hellás, the Greek colonies in southern Italy that make use of Italo-Chalcidian helmets as well:
prev_h6_italo-chalcidian.png
prev_h5_italo-chalcidian.png
The vast majority of helmets in Italy are based on this thesis:
http://discovery.ucl.ac.uk/1348999/
That's as close as you might get to the Corinthian helmet in this mod unless someone comes with rock-solid evidence of the usage of the Corinthian helmet in 300 B.C. and Rgcotl then bothers to model it.
Alternatively this Open Source Pack includes a Corinthian helmet which you can then add to the mod yourself for your own enjoyment, everybody is happy  :smile:

Concerning the bronze cuirass, there's a bunch of them in the mod but all "muscled" cuirass as bell type of cuirass:
Ancient_Greek_bronze_cuirass.jpg
also fell out of use around the fifth century B.C. if I recall correctly.

Ah, it did indeed seem that I was wrong. However I didn't need all that wall of text, a simple sentence would have sufficed  :mrgreen:
Although I myself would count that top picture as corinthian helmets, and was kinda what I meant.

So there are bronze cuirasses, I probably just haven't played the right factions to see them. Good to know...

I guess my bad habit of asking before actually checking things out shows itself again... and it won't be the last time I'll wager

At some point I'll just expand the F.A.Q. and lazily point to it  :smile:

I've been mostly doing my own playthrough  of the mod these past few days and thankfully haven't encountered any major issue except maybe Epirus refusing to admit defeat  :evil:

Only fixed or tweaked a few minor things, the terrain borders now shouldn't clip or have that weird blue line/haze which has annoyed me for a long time. I'm thinking of maybe making some siege variants of the current scenes so it doesn't get quickly repetitive. After that I'll rebalance some of the AI army compositions, do some of Tristan38's suggestions on the Spartans, do a resource check, tweak starting options and move on to complete the MP version.

The mod is ported to the latest version (1.171) even if the game is now at 1.173 but those seem to be only engine and texture changes. It should work for any version superior to 1.161 so with 1.168 you should be fine.

Never seen this error before, do you have load textures on demand enabled? I doubt it's even that but for next patch I have fixed all resource conflicts that I could find.
Could you post a screenshot of the error message and/or the contents of your rgl_log.txt right after a crash?

The problem occurs after installing the translation in Russian Warband

launch complete.
Error: Unable to load Music/the_free_city_states_of_greece.ogg Error: Unable to load Music/the_free_city_states_of_greece.ogg
rgl_warning:  Incorrect base name: 
rgl_warning:  Incorrect base name:  Error: Unable to load Music/the_free_city_states_of_greece.ogg Error: Unable to load Music/the_free_city_states_of_greece.ogg Error: Unable to load Music/the_free_city_states_of_greece.ogg Error: Unable to load Music/the_free_city_states_of_greece.ogg Error: Unable to load Music/the_free_city_states_of_greece.ogg Error: Unable to load Music/the_free_city_states_of_greece.ogg

Back
Top Bottom