RaW 2.55 open testing and work in progress versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys! Absolutely love the mod so far - it's incredible how much attention you but in every detail and historical accuracy. Can't wait to see what you are going to add in future versions!

I have one question though (hope it hasn't been answered already but I didn't see anything about it): Is there a reason that you don't port the game to Viking Conquest? It seems they did something to the engine there that supports much bigger battles - and I don't mean the battle size alone but also the ability of my computer to cope with the increase.
Additional to that there are a lot of cool features added regarding the administration of your fiefs.
And last but not least the improved naval warfare might be interesting for you, seeing that potentially there might be the first punic war on the horizon (I know its still some 30 years ahead :razz: )

I don't have a clue how much work would be involved in porting the mod to vc, but I was just wondering.

Keep up the great work!!

There's no plan to port it to VC for several reasons. Starting off badly, I don't own a copy of VC, it would limit the mod to owners of VC and it would take considerable effort to port. Maintaining both a Warband and a VC version of the mod is also out of question, the development cycle is already slow enough  :sad:
I guess the increased stability comes from their handling of the game's resources and optimized code, it would be hard to reach the same stability without reworking the mod even though the current test version had some effort done towards optimization it still has a long way to go.

That makes sense then! Fair enough! With vc my computer can easily handle battles with around 700 combatants, while the limit for most warband mods is around 400. But I guessed it would be quite much work anyways..!
Do you guys plan to add naval warfare yourself at some point though?

In any case really appreciate your work and can't wait to see more! :smile:

Naval warfare is a low priority for now, maybe later we'll go for the easy way of static scenes. If we wish to go beyond that we can port VC's naval warfare as long as we don't use their assets and make new ones but I wouldn't put my hopes up on it, sooner than that we get Bannerlord  :lol:

When you install Warband in Russian, there is a flight to the desktop

rgl_warning:  Incorrect base name:  vdt_regular discard_buffer()
vdt_regular discard_buffer()

Everything is good in English. And in Russian Warband there are no textures of hands and there is a flight from
error. Version 2.5 goes everywhere goes well. This is the first mod that produces such errors all the time

No hand textures as in, armor shows up but the body (arms and hands) are invisible? If so that would mean the Russian version is running an older Warband executable or something. I don't know anything about Russian but is there some place I can check out the Russian version of Warband?

http://rusmnb.ru/index.php?action=dldir;sa=list;id=17
This is the Russian forum of Warband. It is in Russian but in Google browser there is an interpreter.
http://rusmnb.ru/index.php?topic=16130.new#new

On hiatus for the past few weeks due to a lack of motivation and general lack of activity. I'm working on an unrelated project for a bit, something I wanted to do for a while and that's different. Once I've made some progress there I might be able to port some features over to RaW.

when installing the translation there are departures, which is not present in other modes. Mod 2.5 is going well. While I can not play

Still on hold for now, I've been pretty busy lately and most of what's left to do for a release is rather tedious and time consuming. I'm thinking of porting 1257 AD's companion system because I don't really feel like writing 600+ lines of dialog for the companions, there's some scenes to be made, npc party compositions to be rebalanced, a bunch of scripts to cleanup and starting options that need a bit of updating as well. I've been contemplating making variants of the siege scenes as well so it doesn't get too repetitive and overall that's pretty much the extent of what I can do on my own for now.

Back
Top Bottom