RaW 2.55 open testing and work in progress versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Diokles said:
I don't think they ever added shield-bashing, but they might in 2.6. Possibly shield-banging as well. Maybe visible hair coming from underneath the helmet too. :shifty:

In 2.5 Im able to shield bash if I attack while blocking tho

In single player or multiplayer? If its in single player than my mistake, since I haven't really touched it that much. :fruity: I can confirm, however, that it wasn't in multiplayer.

If it was in single player and now its not, its possible that it'll be added back in since this is just a test build.

Diokles said:
Speaking of which, when me and some friends were playing in multiplayer last night we found some minor stuff. :fruity:

[list type=decimal]
[*]The Slinger classes seem to be lacking the sling now, but they still have the sling bullets.
[*]One of the helmets for the Keltoi has a funny looking appearance at the moment.
[*]At random times, our encumbrance increases to a ludicrous amount. I think it happens by chance when we drop or pick up gear, can't say for sure since its hard to replicate. Its also fixed when we drop our weapon/shield.
[*]Whenever the horn is blown or standard is raised to heal nearby players, we get script warning lines.
[/list]

I'll be sure to let you know if we find anything else. :razz:

1- Probably some oversight, I'll check it out. #Edit: Somehow I deleted the sling from the mp item pool, fixed.
2- Joub reported it earlier, I'll fix this aswell. #Edit: Fixed, missing texture in the brf.
29AD08CC49135C319C431F91CE6E44E802012C01
3- Happened to me as well, I'll see to add some failsafe but switching equipment does call for the script again.
4- I fiddled with it a good while ago and messed some stuff up then forgot to fix it. Time to clean it up. #Edit: Fixed the error messages.

I'm glad it's only minor stuff for now, last time I tested with Joub it was all kinds of broken  :ohdear:

tigab95 said:
Diokles said:
I don't think they ever added shield-bashing, but they might in 2.6. Possibly shield-banging as well. Maybe visible hair coming from underneath the helmet too. :shifty:

In 2.5 Im able to shield bash if I attack while blocking tho
It's still in, remapped the keys to ctrl when holding the shield up because the previous control scheme was bothering a lot of players. Concerning the gladius that's normal, I was testing how it would perform with an overhead stabbing attack so that one has two attack modes.

Thanks for reporting those bugs, once I've fixed some more stuff and add some more content I'll release a patch.

I assume you're aware of this, but I took some pictures of the issues with the throwing weapon script:

https://imgur.com/a/VJJdM

It seems to bug out after the first throw, but then picks up again with the next ones. Also, when you pick up javelins from the ground, it doesn't put them (back) in the off hand.

Some throwing weapons do not have the script running at all, but I guess that's WIP.

ᚦorkell said:
I assume you're aware of this, but I took some pictures of the issues with the throwing weapon script:

https://imgur.com/a/VJJdM

It seems to bug out after the first throw, but then picks up again with the next ones. Also, when you pick up javelins from the ground, it doesn't put them (back) in the off hand.

Some throwing weapons do not have the script running at all, but I guess that's WIP.
Oh yes, I forgot about that. I do believe I had a solution but that involved rewriting some code. I'll get on it before I forget about it again.

Unfortunately I had no online backups of the texture so I lost them all  :cry:
Well Rgcotl should still have the base texture files but I did lose a good amount of designs, references and other useful things.

How to explain that one  :lol: I huh, removed their clothes to check which item was causing the visual glitch in town scenes  :oops: They'll get their clothes back don't worry, winter is coming.
The Samnite falcatas were removed from merchants and Samnite units in favor of kopis swords, the falcatas were movie props and not accurate at all for the Samnites. You can still find them in the cheatmenu.

Seek n Destroy said:
How to explain that one  :lol: I huh, removed their clothes to check which item was causing the visual glitch in town scenes  :oops: They'll get their clothes back don't worry, winter is coming.
The Samnite falcatas were removed from merchants and Samnite units in favor of kopis swords, the falcatas were movie props and not accurate at all for the Samnites. You can still find them in the cheatmenu.

Ah I see :wink: and yeah thats what I thought about the falcata Im just a bit sad because I like that they had their own sword but eh Kopis is nice too

Chose to be a Lordy-lord-lord. Was given a castle-fief-place and some of it's cool surrounding villages.  Pop into Amyklai to check it out, and am greated with invisible feet and a giant mob of men and a few ladies in underwear. They moved around a bit, but never seemed to pathfind out of the big blob.  I decided to run up the hill and hop onto the mob to ride the human wave down to the ground.  Obviously a feature, not a bug. https://puu.sh/xDjIi.jpg  :shifty:

On a serious note, I know the nudity has been mentioned, though I'm not sure what was up with the spawning everyone out in a blob. I'd guess it's because the scene is missing and this is the default for that.

First things I noticed; new aspis models are so damn nice. So nice in fact, that the old ones sitting next to them look especially un-nice in comparison. Quite low-res, and a bit overly-shiny.  Night-battles now look really fantastic.  I really appreciate that change, as they were dark before to the point of it being obnoxious and hard to even operate in.

Quick-starting options are nice! Still patrolling for buggaroos. Nothing bad yet, really. But these visual changes so far are damn excellent, including the flora.

Yep, there is still a bunch of missing scenes and I'm pretty burned out on that front, if anyone wants to step in and help Joub that would be appreciated. It just needs to be of equal or superior quality standards (not very high if you consider my scenes  :lol:) and fully functional. I don't know when I'll be able to work on other shield batches, I'm not very good at textures and it can take a while until Rgcotl gives up on me and says the textures are okay-ish enough. I'm pretty sure he still hates some of the Spartan Episema I made  :fruity:

Seek n Destroy said:
...it can take a while until Rgcotl gives up on me and says the textures are okay-ish enough. I'm pretty sure he still hates some of the Spartan Episema I made  :fruity:

sticker,375x360-bg,ffffff.u3.jpg

I thought they were pretty well done (especially the Spartan ones :fruity:), I just wish I could select them without going into the admin console (in multiplayer). :razz:

Also for the missing scenes, what exactly are you looking for in particular?

They'll eventually get added to the current classes or new ones  :fruity:

I need both SP and MP scenes that are fully functional (AI mesh, gamemodes, etc...) although I can do the AI mesh if necessary, the main requirement is functionality and matching or surpassing the quality of current scenes. The priority for now is a Greek themed coastal town, castle and village for SP and medium sized scenes for MP.

Seek n Destroy said:
They'll eventually get added to the current classes or new ones  :fruity:

I need both SP and MP scenes that are fully functional (AI mesh, gamemodes, etc...) although I can do the AI mesh if necessary, the main requirement is functionality and matching or surpassing the quality of current scenes. The priority for now is a Greek themed coastal town, castle and village for SP and medium sized scenes for MP.

I'll add to this that I suggest starting with Multiplayer scenes, since they need a bit less in terms of atmosphere and such.

On the topic of maps I'm not sure if anyone pointed this out yet or if the devs have already seen it while play testing but I've noticed that some maps that had trees in certain areas don't have them anymore in this patch.

20170919152945_1.jpg

20170919152005_1.jpg

20170919152344_1.jpg

20170919152527_1.jpg

1.) Not a severe issue at all, but while I get the concept of the retraining at cities and such, I don't seem to be able to select any options for any of these troops.  Are they not re-trainable?  https://puu.sh/xDNB9.jpg

2.) I also started out with owning Lacedaemon, and when a week went by, neither of the three villages lent any money at all from taxes or some such.  I did get a meager 'Tariff' payment from Lacedaemon itself though.  It's been a looong, long while since I've been an owner of anything in Warband, but shouldn't villages be taxed? Neither of them have poor prosperity either.

3.) I also noticed I'm paying retainers to help manage the faction, but there was one type of person I needed to start hiring and training troops that I couldn't access because I don't know where to hire them, or how! I think I saw a Diplomat and one other type of person there.

4.) I noticed the unarmed lateral movement animation seems a bit bugged, (A or D when not holding any weapon). I assume it's just a WIP animation?  Looks good so far, but obviously missing some frames.

5.) Lykourgos is naked, and Areus I's pretty version of an Attic helmet is fit much too low.  Looks a bit like he wore it without the helmet liner so it's blinding him.  :dead:

https://puu.sh/xDQdT.jpg

https://puu.sh/xDPX0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom