SP - General Ransom back your soldiers

Users who are viewing this thread

Why congrat on a subject about some horny teenagers that dont see the whole picture ? Sure they might get a nice quick laid but more emptiness and broken hearts later on in my opinion

Last edited:
Why congrat some horny teenagers that dont see the whole picture ? Sure the game might get a nice quick laid but more emptiness and broken hearts later on in my opinion
whoa insulting people as ''horny teenagers that dont see the picture'' that you dont argee with is about as low as you can get.
also i dont know if thought ever occured to that just because you disargee with something that does not mean something is **** or as you call it ''casual''. i dont know if it ever occured to that if so many people disargee with you that you might be wrong just this once:smile: think about that one for a while.

whoa insulting people as ''horny teenagers that dont see the picture'' that you dont argee with is about as low as you can get.
also i dont know if thought ever occured to that just because you disargee with something that does not mean something is **** or as you call it ''casual''. i dont know if it ever occured to that if so many people disargee with you that you might be wrong just this once:smile: think about that one for a while.

insulting ? No its more like an saying. So stop being so negativity judgmental and dramatically about it just because you have a personal beef about someone who got an opinion that casual gaming has lowered the qualities of games today

Last edited:
insulting ? No its more like an saying. So stop being so negativity judgmental and dramatically about it just because you have a personally beef
hmmmmmmm sure that line clearly does not sound like a insult. clearly i am just overreachting and i am just being ''judgemental and dramatic''

hmmmmmmm sure that line clearly does not sound like a insult. clearly i am just overreachting and i am just being ''judgemental and dramatic''
But you are, by being so sensitive

Last edited:
@xHDxzero
He doesn't like your idear. The best thing that can happen for him is to provoke a heated personal discussion which leads to the thread being closed.
Ignore him if he doesn't make points that actually need to be discussed.
In generell people dislike to agree with somebody who is disrespectfull (At least in my experience).

I like your idear. I think right now the game isn't ready for it thou.
The player gets to much money and there are to few things you need it for. You also barely loose money once defeated on the battlefield.
Additionally armys are the best (or at least very good) way to gain money. You get a lot just by defeating enemys on the battlefield.
I don't think this should be the case.

The whole economy of this game needs to be balanced.
As i see it they are currently working on that.

@xHDxzero
He doesn't like your idear. The best thing that can happen for him is to provoke a heated personal discussion which leads to the thread being closed.
Ignore him if he doesn't make points that actually need to be discussed.
In generell people dislike to agree with somebody who is disrespectfull (At least in my experience).

Such ignorance we live in today but as you please... lets leave these ideas alone with non thoughtful perspectives given especially from those with experience.

Reminds me of those who wanted to buff spears without even trying a whole game with em not even thinking nor having knowledge about the bigger picture once again

Last edited:
You're not a hardcore gamer for grinding repetitive tasks in a single player game. You're not a hardcore gamer for spending hours abusing an undynamic AI and having a rudimentary understanding of a relatively simplistic combat system. You're alone, playing an easy game and you're trying to feel superior by advertising your "leet gaming skillz" on a forum, to people without any interest in doing the exact same thing for hours on end just to see some colors on a map change or a number go up.

Games haven't gotten easier over the years, the gaming industry is much bigger and more diverse now, and most games have bigger production teams that are capable of delivering enough content that games do not need to pad out the playtime with said repetitive tasks just so the end consumer doesn't feel cheated because the game is too short.

As for the topic, I'm sure there are many better ways of fixing the grindy army re-fill of M&B.

yeah people are totally misunderstanding and think everything is a pissing contest. Guess its an age thing

But saying games havent gone easier today in general is pure ignorance and lack of knowledge. Explain to me then why we got all these xray visions and marking on targets that sticks in action games as an small example ? Explain to me the challenge in that ?
And feel cheated ? Well yeah i feel cheated when i can complete a game in 8 hours, paying full price for an non soul of a game i dont even really own. So yeah theres the top healthy gaming industy for you right there as you explain it.

But to add i dont mind that there is a game for everyone as long as they enjoy it as they should be...but when they destroys good and solid titles i enjoy just for money then i say a thing or two. Because that type of money mentality applied to art and creativity has both been dragging down the music and movie industry as i see it and gaming will become/ or all ready is next.

heck even a Disney Goofy puzzle game (which was a good game :smile: ) was more challenging then today's standards

Last edited:
Let me make it clear, you're the one making a pissing contest out of this. You're the guy walking into a third world sweatshop and when a child in the back asks the manager whether they could have sewing machines to make their work more efficient, you say: "Back in my day we didn't have sewing machines, just look at how quickly i'm sewing these T-Shirts. I think sewing machines are for weak people, like you." and then you expect the whole room to stand in awe of your incredible sewing skills instead of giving you some blowback.

Here's the wiki article on the video game industry Dr-Knowledge: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_industry.

Revenue from the video game industry has risen consistently since the inception of the medium. With it, the amount of games published has risen drastically. Just because you apparently haven't made the effort to look up some of your precious hard action games, games like Arma, Red Orchestra, Counter Strike, Dark Souls, Hitman and thousands of others that I can't be bothered to look up still exist and are doing absolutely fine economically.

You have more choice in every single genre of videogame what you want your specific game experience to be, including any of your old "hard" games that you're so fond of. They still exist and are playable.

How about platformers? Play some new kaizo romhacks, I wanna be the guy, or whatever you want, you can have thousands of hours of agonizing experiences. But no, you're here telling reasonable people that may or may not be adults that they're somehow worse than you and oh-so ignorant while not even being able to start up your steam and looking for a "difficult" tag.

Still being ignorant i see and no youre making it to be as an pissing contest when all im saying that its an bad idea because of this and that. These things is coming all from your mind.

But since you cant read what im saying ill guess i have to explain it to you more in an easy way. "Money mentality" has been dragging down the art and creativity in general. Sure there will be those who breaks free and is those that become the most famous same goes for the music and movie industry. But since theres now ownerships, lawyers and more competition that is driven by only money not passion then now do you understand ?

Ive been playing all those games you mentioned and a lot of casual games to. But come on saying that Hitman has developed to a good hardcore game now is just taking it to much. I used to love Hitman but its became same old "casual easy gaming" and non for me now. Heck i used to love even COD since the beginning before it became such a **** idk game. But some of my friends enjoys it so why not let em and im happy that some are.
BF which also was one of my favs went to ****, Ghost Recon 1st games, Splinter Cell, Rainbow 6, Star Wars Battlefront, Far Cry you name it...theres a lot of titles that went down the drain in quality in my book not becoming better with money thats for sure. I used to even love companies like EA, Ubisoft and Activision because of their way of delivering good quality games but today its just a quantity mess and has a lack of soul and purpose behind em
Ex If someone made an real Battlefront game today with today's graphics it would have sold way more then todays Battlefront and earned far more respect. Sure they might not have milked gamers on same amount of money but who cares since life is all about experience and memories given and shared

But since you made this game now unplayable for me with these ideas since it doesnt feels like an M&B game anymore then you might see why i get a little upset in some opinions and trying to reason ? Because i totally enjoyed this game even if it was half finished but now had to halter it at 1.3 since i thought it became to easy and non enjoyable anymore, So yeah sorry for me trying to reset the balance

ps. Sniper Elite to be mentioned here to, even if the effects turned out to be really cool

Last edited:
Still being ignorant i see and no youre making it to be as an pissing contest when all im saying that its an bad idea because of this and that. These things is coming all from your mind.
No, you're either too young to understand how to interact with people or too ignorant to understand what you're typing.

But since you cant read what im saying ill guess i have to explain it to you more in an easy way. "Money mentality" has been dragging down the art and creativity in general. Sure there will be those who breaks free and is those that become the most famous same goes for the music and movie industry. But since theres now ownerships, lawyers and more competition that is driven by only money not passion then now do you understand ?
Quite frankly, i'm surprised you're not banned yet.

In response to my post you cherry-pick one of the games you disagree on, then recount 6 casual games of the past that are now even more casual in your opinion, which is completely beside the point from the get-go, since none of the games you're complaining about require you to do monotonous tasks for hours on end in a singleplayer environment, which seems to be your idea of peak skill.

"Money mentality" exists today just as it did in the past, doesn't matter whether you look 10, 20 or 30 years back. "Passion" exists today just as it did in the past. There's just vastly more of it and you need to make just the slightest little effort to find whatever you're looking for.

But since you made this game now unplayable for me with these ideas since it doesnt feels like an M&B game anymore then you might see why i get a little upset in some opinions and trying to reason ? Because i totally enjoyed this game even if it was half finished but now had to halter it at 1.3 since i thought it became to easy and non enjoyable anymore, So yeah sorry for me trying to reset the balance

We just seem to disagree on a fundamental level what "easy" and "hard" actually means. And no matter how upset you get, lashing out at people is not a productive way to convince anyone that your definition is correct.

Last edited:
We just seem to disagree on a fundamental level what "easy" and "hard" actually means. And no matter how upset you get, lashing out at people is not a productive way to convince anyone that your definition is correct.

This is how you see it and interpret it as... such as other sensitive individuals in here that cant take an debate nor read text as it was ment to be ... But yeah i can now sense what type you are after reading this response...No need to waste energy anymore. And no i dont like to manipulate people to think my way, i speak how it is and how it feels

Last edited:
This is how you see it and interpret it as... such as other sensitive individuals in here that cant take an debate ... But yeah i can now sense what type you are after reading this response...No need to waste energy anymore. And no i dont like to manipulate people to think my way, i speak how it is and how it feels
This is how you see it and interpret it as... such as other sensitive individuals in here that cant take an debate ... But yeah i can now sense what type you are after reading this response...No need to waste energy anymore. And no i dont like to manipulate people to think my way, i speak how it is and how it feels.

Now, just to actually add something constructive to this thread:

The difficulty in raising an army should not be just a time and effort check, running around villages gathering recruits and doing easy fights. It's tedious and boring. Losing your army should hurt monetarily, because money is the resource you can get dynamically from many different sources (in theory), which makes it way more fun to get than recruits and xp. This means, if something like a ransom system or some form of automated recruitment is added to the game, it should cost enough that losing an entire army would nearly be able to bankrupt an affluent lord. This also means, that the upgrade costs or the upgrade system itself should be massively tweaked (not necessarily the running costs of having an army, since that's tedium, once again).

Last edited:
The difficulty in raising an army should not be just a time and effort check, running around villages gathering recruits and doing easy fights. It's tedious and boring. Losing your army should hurt monetarily, because money is the resource you can get dynamically from many different sources (in theory), which makes it way more fun to get than recruits and xp. This means, if something like a ransom system or some form of automated recruitment is added to the game, it should cost enough that losing an entire army would nearly be able to bankrupt an affluent lord. This also means, that the upgrade costs or the upgrade system itself should be massively tweaked
Absolutely agree

Last edited:
If a thread has an unfortunate turn into an uncivil discussion, it can be removed from Top Feedback and Suggestions as fast as it was put there.
The suggestions are great, but we want our devs to have filtered out info, without flaming, don't gamble it away guys, we gotta keep it civil, especially on someone else's threads !

i dont want to cause a flame war. but i cant control other peoples actions

i want a civil discussions too. i would not like my post to be removed because some person cant act be a decent human being

My argument is purely (well, not purely, granted) aimed at discrediting the idea that the game would somehow suddenly intrinsically lack in difficulty due to less tedious party management. It's game-design philosophy vs. a simple issue of balancing.

The basic idea of the ransom system seems to be heavily supported by the vast majority of feedback in this thread. I'd say around 14 of the 16 unique posters (barring moderators) support the idea in some fashion, with some caveats, including but not limited to: Restricting it to a percentage of the troops, restricting it to troops that have fled, making it an optional setting, having a ransom-broker economy that takes into account recently ransomed troops for you to hire, making it somehow connected to player skills (roguery), etc.

I've been fairly consistent with my feedback the last couple of weeks, regarding my priorities and thoughts on the systems since even before Warband. The idea on the contrarian side of this thread goes absolutely counter to everything I've seen as the major problems the game has had since then, and without being too patronizing to the devs, but I shudder at the idea of them going anywhere near a mindset where it somehow has to be made even more grindy to shape your party as you see fit.

Anything that makes me invest more time in thinking about my actions vs. mindlessly running around and repeating actions like low-level fights and upgrading units in the party menu is highly welcome, even though I don't think that this will be the end-all be-all solution to the issue, since it's simply a stop-gap that reduces losses slightly instead of an alternative recruitment method, fit for a King.

Balancing for all of this can be done through a vast amount of different resources, the most important of which is gold, that is so heavily underutilised in the game that it's basically pointless from the mid-game going forward.

Back
Top Bottom