SP - General Ransom back your soldiers

Users who are viewing this thread

Proved my statement that people are to spoiled and cant take losses like real men ^^
Or maybe people dont have all the time in the world?
People have **** to do and can't play all the time like some (Including me been locked at home for 8 weeks now) so imo this shouldn't be a valid argument.
If I want to buy some of my people back or they find me on their own(Why would a Soildier that's been Fighting with you for years once he escapes or is freed not come find his Commander?) I should be able to it is a SP game.
I like the idea.

Or maybe people dont have all the time in the world?
People have **** to do and can't play all the time like some (Including me been locked at home for 8 weeks now) so imo this shouldn't be a valid argument.
If I want to buy some of my people back or they find me on their own(Why would a Soildier that's been Fighting with you for years once he escapes or is freed not come find his Commander?) I should be able to it is a SP game.
I like the idea.

Im still made a lot of progress and enjoyed "hard games" even if im working or being in the military when i didnt barely have no time at all except on small break days so its just excuses.for wanting easy mode. But sure if there was an option that you could get this in easier mode then why not if it makes people happy but to implement it to all would for me being to **** on my lawn...so better to get it from a mod instead. I like the mentality behind it but its gonna be to op since you are already that with troop training combined with armor buff. Medic is enough

Last edited:
Im still made a lot of progress in hard games even if im working or being in the military when i didnt barely have no time at all except on small break days so its just excuses.for wanting easy mode. But sure if there was an option that you could get this in easier mode then why not if it makes people happy but to implement it to all would for me being to **** on my lawn...so better to get it from a mod instead
Does it affect your gameplay? You can just not do it. Ezpz.
As for calling people lazy for wanting to play it casual or wanting a slightly better training and re recruitment it's foolish?
Theirs really no reason why it can't be a option for people who have only a hour or 2 a day.
Heh. Ik people who play Dayz, Arma that that are in the Military and they put in 10+ hours a day because the Rest of the time they aren't doing anything just sitting at base. Maybe 8 hours of other stuff a day.

Does it affect your gameplay? You can just not do it. Ezpz.
As for calling people lazy for wanting to play it casual or wanting a slightly better training and re recruitment it's foolish?
Theirs really no reason why it can't be a option for people who have only a hour or 2 a day.
Heh. Ik people who play Dayz, Arma that that are in the Military and they put in 10+ hours a day because the Rest of the time they aren't doing anything just sitting at base. Maybe 8 hours of other stuff a day.

Because casual games is just lazy and poorly quantity made in my opinion with no really bones in em. And if you only spend 2 hours a day well thats your choice but could be a good one to if youre ex are studying or prio your kids or something. Still i dont like the idea to casualize and switch an working formula from the past just because people cant take a challenge. Sure i could avoid it but still it would annoy me and getting lesser trust and interest in this game development..what will come next type of syndrome. I mean it has allready become easier for me on the hardest atm because of just these ideas so im already annoyed but compromised on those changes

Because casual games is just lazy and poorly quantity made in my opinion with no really bones in em. And if you only spend 2 hours a day well thats your choice but could be a good one to if youre ex are studying or prio your kids or something. Still i dont like the idea to casualize and switch an working formula from the past just because people cant take a challenge. Sure i could avoid it but still it would annoy me and getting lesser trust and interest in this game development..what will come next type of syndrome. I mean it has allready become easier for me on the hardest atm because of just these ideas so im already annoyed but compromised
For most people it isn't a choice Work+Kids+Helping Kids with HW+making dinner = A couple hours to play.
Or any number of combinations of things
Did you play Warband? Warband had XP daily gain centered on your leadership, more Mercs and better mercs to hire in taverns, Training grounds and some mods even had the option to buy special troops for 400-600 or more gold a piece. All quality of life improvements.
Again Lazy is subjective and saying it's Lazy is Foolish.
And whats wrong with a good casual game
Sure i could avoid it but still it would annoy me and getting lesser trust and interest in this game development..
It's optional just like Marriage/Doing Quests/Recruiting straight from taverns/Recruiting high tier troops straight from villages.
If that makes you trust the game development less then oh boy.

Last edited:
For most people it isn't a choice Work+Kids+Helping Kids with HW+making dinner = A couple hours to play.
Or any number of combinations of things
Did you play Warband? Warband had XP daily gain centered on your leadership, more Mercs and better mercs to hire in taverns, Training grounds and some mods even had the option to buy special troops for 400-600 or more gold a piece. All quality of life improvements.
Again Lazy is subjective and saying it's Lazy is Foolish.

It's optional just like Marriage/Doing Quests/Recruiting straight from taverns/Recruiting high tier troops straight from villages.
If that makes you trust the game development less then oh boy.

Yes and i agreed on having more merc to later on when economy is being more balanced and if they are expensive just like in warband. But to having advance troops coming back to you + along with leadership perks which makes you train your troops very fast "now with changes to as well to be mentioned along with faster character xp level up and such. You can also train your troops in your castles without lifting a finger so theres that to. So i cant really see whats the big grind people are talking about here. But guess thats just todays casual gaming mentality which is alright and all since games should be enjoyed. But why change a game just because someone who plays just a little now and then to possibly just throw it away for something else later which can sound judgmental from me. But still this is what games in the end falls in my opinion. They might get the best sales but having to constantly spit out plastic stuff each year to keep their crowd entertained because they really dont have a solid ground and characteristic approach. So do you see where im going. If everything going faster and easier you gonna get faster bored in it

Last edited:
You can also train your troops in your castles without lifting a finger so theres that to
Doesn't work right. Doesn't upgrade with multiple tree troops or troops requiring a mount. Plus the whole Garrisons starving because prosperity keeps going up problem. Murdering all your recruits and higher tier troops.

leadership perks
Like Raise the meek? Which does one unit till it's leveled then moves to the next. Barely puts a dent in training.
Half the perks are still broken to.

So i cant really see whats the big grind people are talking about here
Grind is none of that works effectively. They took out training on Looters as a viable option now they kill t5 troops like wtf

But why change a game just because someone who plays just a little now and then to possibly just throw it away for something else later which can sound judgmental from me
It's a EA so we can propose other content the game will be dramatically different after the years over And as I said earlier if it bugs you you can just ignore it and go on about it like you did before it was. It is a SP game and a addition which does not affect you can be ignored. Like Caravans I don't use them but others do.

Doesn't work right. Doesn't upgrade with multiple tree troops or troops requiring a mount. Plus the whole Garrisons starving because prosperity keeps going up problem. Murdering all your recruits and higher tier troops.

Like Raise the meek? Which does one unit till it's leveled then moves to the next. Barely puts a dent in training.
Half the perks are still broken to.

Grind is none of that works effectively. They took out training on Looters as a viable option now they kill t5 troops like wtf

It's a EA so we can propose other content the game will be dramatically different after the years over And as I said earlier if it bugs you you can just ignore it and go on about it like you did before it was. It is a SP game and a addition which does not affect you can be ignored. Like Caravans I don't use them but others do.

This is just for me like walking around in circles in subjects over again because ive already adressed these subjects before and i dont have time to speculate in these things again because i want to game and produce videos. Do as you please go for it and make it a boring casual game if you like but ive seen all the changes during all my playtime and feels in some areas its making it way to easy which for me is going the wrong direction. And if it keeps up im gonna drop it for something else simple as that and if its something people enjoy im glad for em

Last edited:
but ive seen all the changes during all my playtime and feels in some areas its making it way to easy which for me is going the wrong direction
What part of optional isn't getting through??

And if it keeps up im gonna drop it for something else
Just cause you don't like a optional way?

make it a boring casual game
:rolleyes::rolleyes: boring is subjective. And if having optional ways to get troops makes it boring ?

gonna drop
?

I like this suggestion, I also think that we should be able to exchange prisoners, example, if you're at at war with Battania and you have 10 tier 2 battanian prisoners, we could use them to trade for 10 tier 2 troops of our faction, however, this should be a high level perk in the charm skill.

I like this suggestion, I also think that we should be able to exchange prisoners, example, if you're at at war with Battania and you have 10 tier 2 battanian prisoners, we could use them to trade for 10 tier 2 troops of our faction, however, this should be a high level perk in the charm skill.
interesting idea. like if you recruit prisoners from a certaint culture and then with a perk being able to retrain them into a diffrent culture unit of the same type. like being able to convert sturgian veteran warrior into legionary. or vlandian bannerknights into elite catapracts.

This is an excellent suggestion. Aspects of it may need to be tweaked but given how much work that goes into building an army and the numerous ways a dumb AI can randomly screw you at any moment taking away your hours of army building, there needs to be a way to make defeat not so RL punishing. At least make it an optional setting.

I honestly like the idea in general. I am of the camp that yes, defeat and such should be felt, and raising troops shouldn't be too easy, however, being able to ransom back a certain portion of the few who survived/got captured, makes sense and could add a lot to the gameplay.
Seeing as you have already put in the time and effort to get these guys up to snuff, I don't feel it is some form of cheating being able to pay to have some of them back. If anything was ever cheating it would be the surgery skill in Warband.

Everything can be tweaked and tested until satisfactory, and I feel this could really be a great addition to Bannerlord. Thank you for this suggestion OP, very good thinking! Maybe it could even be tied into the roguery skill, or something. Or only have it available if you have the right connections, so they can bribe guards for you to let some of your guys out. Food for thought.

3rd No they dont, I can train armies way faster then the AI especially when im concentrating and training em with Leadership perk, And with the new all around armour buff i got the upper hand as a player

That leadership perk provides something like 30 xp per stack, per day. It takes in-game seasons to get a single troop from T1 to T4.

Ransom Brokers are brokers after all, not just ransom buyers. It would make sense that you should be able to talk to them to pay soldiers' ransom in exchange for them joining your party. The available troops could be some combination randomly generated troops (including bandits and minor clan troops) and troops that have been ransomed recently. That said, the availability of these troops ought to be kind of limited in quantity, since you'd expect that since these brokers are 100% ethical, their families would be given priority on ransom buy outs, so wouldn't be available to any random lord/party leader that walks into the tavern.

We can just pretend this is also how AI lords get their respawn armies which somehow always come with a few high level troops.

I gotta say I am not onboard with this idea. It is easy enough to go back out and recruit for a bit, run around dodging parties that are stronger than you and attacking those weaker. This idea could be added but really should be incredibly low on the priority list

Ransom Brokers are brokers after all, not just ransom buyers. It would make sense that you should be able to talk to them to pay soldiers' ransom in exchange for them joining your party. The available troops could be some combination randomly generated troops (including bandits and minor clan troops) and troops that have been ransomed recently. That said, the availability of these troops ought to be kind of limited in quantity, since you'd expect that since these brokers are 100% ethical, their families would be given priority on ransom buy outs, so wouldn't be available to any random lord/party leader that walks into the tavern.

We can just pretend this is also how AI lords get their respawn armies which somehow always come with a few high level troops.

Yes. This would be fun!

Back
Top Bottom