Random Media v.4 (Comedy Optional, Interesting Optional)

How do you feel about Vraelomon?

• Long live The King.

Votes: 43 32.3%
  • I didn't vote for him.

Votes: 90 67.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

ScGz4.jpg
eQPe0.jpg
nLOZ7.jpg
MR4ZQ.gif

I got this ad today
Screen_Shot_2019-05-03_at_13.38.20.png
is this alt-right activism :grin:
edit: checked the website, I still think it's parody but website doesn't give obvious signs except peanuts
https://intersectionalityscore.com/

It also makes intersectionality sound much more plausible than it is. Intersectionality isn't the obvious claim that people can be oppressed for different reasons at the same time.
Let the following be a regression:
Y=a+ bR + cG
Where Y is income R is race G is gender and a, b, c,are coefficients. Weak intersectionalism is somewhat plausible claim that this is an inaccurate model of oppression because there are no mixed terms. Sometimes different identities interact and have their own causal effects. So more accurate regression would be:
Y=a+ bR + cG + dRG
So if you test for racial discrimination and gender discrimination separately it won't be enough because there could be a separate discrimination against black women etc.

And according to the strong intersectionalism(which according to my uni's feminism lecturer is the orthodox intersectionalism) even the model above is not accurate. Black, women etc are not helpful predictors and explainers of oppression and there are only heterogenous terms like black straight wealthy woman and there can be no category of 'woman' that can pick out something common in all its members experience of oppression. Which is insane imo.

Calradianın Bilgesi said:
I got this ad today

Alt-right? More like alt-left.
Intersectionality, also referred to as intersectional feminism, is a branch of feminism which identifies how different aspects of social and political discrimination overlap with gender.

Also, oppression score?  :razz:

Calradianın Bilgesi said:
I got this ad today
edit: checked the website, I still think it's parody but website doesn't give obvious signs except peanuts
https://intersectionalityscore.com/

It also makes intersectionality sound much more plausible than it is. Intersectionality isn't the obvious claim that people can be oppressed for different reasons at the same time.
Let the following be a regression:
Y=a+ bR + cG
Where Y is income R is race G is gender and a, b, c,are coefficients. Weak intersectionalism is somewhat plausible claim that this is an inaccurate model of oppression because there are no mixed terms. Sometimes different identities interact and have their own causal effects. So more accurate regression would be:
Y=a+ bR + cG + dRG
So if you test for racial discrimination and gender discrimination separately it won't be enough because there could be a separate discrimination against black women etc.

And according to the strong intersectionalism(which according to my uni's feminism lecturer is the orthodox intersectionalism) even the model above is not accurate. Black, women etc are not helpful predictors and explainers of oppression and there are only heterogenous terms like black straight wealthy woman and there can be no category of 'woman' that can pick out something common in all its members experience of oppression. Which is insane imo.
Why would ever someone click on and give thoughts to such a thing?

x0ezfVa.png

I don't know if I would agree that not being a devout Christian is that influential in my region of the US. I become more privileged than 97% of people if I move that slider all the way to the right, which seems far more accurate to how relatively privileged I am (or feel).

But, 13 is a great number, so I'll take it.

So, interestingly, all other things equal, I would be more privileged as a 100% trans man than a 100% cis woman. I would actually be still more privileged as a trans, gay, but Christian man than a straight, cis, irreligious woman. Whew, I never knew how hard my life was. Thanks, sarcastic e-test!

Back
Top Bottom