In Progress Cannot assign self as governor after being captured (Sandbox)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.2.8.31530
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: There is no option to assign my self or my companions as governors after being defeated in battle and captured. A fix for the companions is to leave them at the settlement, leave, revisit and then retake them to the party after the message that they are in the settlement pops up. This makes me think that somehow the game thinks I'm not in my own party when it comes to assigning myself as a governor.
How to Reproduce: In Sandbox mode, get captured by enemy party, be thrown in jail. Then either get released after war is over or if you escape somehow (don't know which). All companions should be gone and then when you use the summon button in the clan menu to bring them back to your party. Capture an enemy castle and go to management menu. You should see that there is no option to assign your self or your companions currently in your party as governors.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No cheats
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
image.png

In this pic, these are my 3 companions after I did the fix for them, but there is no option for myself.
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Atm you cant assign yourself as governor at all.

I dont agree with you on this one, and I agree with TW's designchoice that when you are captured you cant "give orders" to your clan.

Atm you cant assign yourself as governor at all.

I dont agree with you on this one, and I agree with TW's designchoice that when you are captured you cant "give orders" to your clan.
You did not read my post properly. After being released the bug occurs and after regathering your companions you cannot set them as governors unless you do the little fix. Also I could set my self as governor before (definitely in campaign mode), so idk what you are talking about

You did not read my post properly. After being released the bug occurs and after regathering your companions you cannot set them as governors unless you do the little fix. Also I could set my self as governor before (definitely in campaign mode), so idk what you are talking about

I have never ever been able to put myself as governor of anything.

As for the other issue post release, and you are "really free" and have respawned on the map, I've never had that issue so thats most likely a bug.
Should upload a file for them as they will no doubt ask about that part.

You should remove the part about making yourself governor. The fix to put all companions and clan members into a town (+ button next to portaits in keep or tavern), leave and re enter the town and take all of them back to your party, needing to be done after every time you get captured is the bug. It is an issue on consoles also but at least with party roles you can talk to them and assign their roles that way instead, you can't talk to them about being governor.

Last edited:
Hey for now the fix is to put all companions and clan members into a town (+ button next to portaits in keep or tavern), leave and re enter the town and take all of them back to your party. This should display the 'name has rejoined your party' message then you should be able to assign them party roles or governor positions again. It is an issue on consoles also.
What about the player character? I remember that you could assign yourself as a governor too, but this doesn't work for the player.

I don't know of anytime you were able to make your player a governor, thats why you never take governor perks in skill trees. Unless it was through a mod or a very early version I never played where a governor could be the player and leave a settlement?

Yeah I just checked some old posts, 3+ years ago saying you can't be governor yourself, sure it wasn't that you used a mod before?

The issue you have reported has been forwarded to our QA team for further investigation. We might need additional information regarding this issue, such as screenshots or videos, save files or dump reports. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Back
Top Bottom