Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Can you actually edit units equipment layout? if so how? I have to constantly edit my armies equipment. Ex: nord standardbearer armor, I select the top tier body armor and it defaults to a less decent armor. and I cant change the weapons

RyanMan12: equipment selection in the troop tree screen is just for seeing what the troop looks like in that equipment, it has no effect on what your troops wear in battle.

Troops in warband somewhat randomly select from available equipment in their inventory, with some gurantees. The troop tree screen lets you check what is in that inventory, but not change how the selection works.

This is part of the balance--some units have mostly cloth armor but also a mail armor. Since it is mostly cloth armor, that is what most of the units wear. If the player could make them all wear mail, they would become much more powerful. Vikings often have a mix of good and bad equipment possibilities. The idea is likely to model the wealth/experience/preferences variation of that unit--these aren't profesional soldiers with standardized equipment, instead each man is limited to the best they own.

So without modding you cannot change equipment on troops. You could of course mod equipment on troops, and most gameplay mods for VC do so (check out the subforum here to see them). If you want to change themself, Morgh's is a basic tool for do-it-yourself, or the VC Tweaks Tool can help guide you in doing better modding.

Tingyun said:
RyanMan12: equipment selection in the troop tree screen is just for seeing what the troop looks like in that equipment, it has no effect on what your troops wear in battle.

Troops in warband somewhat randomly select from available equipment in their inventory, with some gurantees. The troop tree screen lets you check what is in that inventory, but not change how the selection works.

This is part of the balance--some units have mostly cloth armor but also a mail armor. Since it is mostly cloth armor, that is what most of the units wear. If the player could make them all wear mail, they would become much more powerful. Vikings often have a mix of good and bad equipment possibilities. The idea is likely to model the wealth/experience/preferences variation of that unit--these aren't profesional soldiers with standardized equipment, instead each man is limited to the best they own.

So without modding you cannot change equipment on troops. You could of course mod equipment on troops, and most gameplay mods for VC do so (check out the subforum here to see them). If you want to change themself, Morgh's is a basic tool for do-it-yourself, or the VC Tweaks Tool can help guide you in doing better modding.
This reply was very helpful. Thank you

ariel127711 said:
What will be in the next updates except bug fixes?

disclaimer: I am not from BWStudios

last official word is nothing, as in, game is on life support (bug fixes).

As expected of a game closing in 4 years old.

Ruler of Calradia said:
is there any downside to being christian or pagan?

well relations alone is one of the biggest aspects of the game (with lords, kings, factions, villagers, etc).

but yes, both have cons and pros. Short answer is that Christians make easier kings, while pagans are best raiders. But the full answer is much more complex than that, as there are many mechanics of the game that are influenced by religion.

in any case you can always convert if you change your mind middle game. So try the one that you feel its best for early game and learn about the pros/cons of your choice as you play. You can always use brute force of your army to overcome any cons your early decisions caused.

Has anyone ever made a successful alliance?

So far as I can tell It seems impossible regardless of character/faction relations/wars etc

If anybody has succeeded or knows the criteria can they share?

Youngragnar said:
Has anyone ever made a successful alliance?

yes, but it is not easy to get one for sure. The rules are quite complicated as well, you may need to check the game code to see them all (or wait for someone else to check them all and make a full guide).

this is is the vanilla RC version I cannot get the followers camp option to appear despite meet all of the criteria
1. not rested in a fort or city for over 48 hours
2 over 300 available troops ( I have 721 available)
3. excellent morale
what am I missing?

RyanMan12 said:
this is is the vanilla RC version I cannot get the followers camp option to appear despite meet all of the criteria

kalarhan said:
for followers you need: wait 1-48 hours on world map (you can use ctrl+space); 300+ troops.

if you lose soldiers later (<=290) they will disband. You can recruit them later again.

Code:
  (48,
    [ (map_free), #en mapa
      (eq,"$followers_on",0), #off
      (party_get_num_companion_stacks, ":num_stacks","p_main_party"),
      (assign, ":num_men", 0),
      (try_for_range, ":i_stack", 0, ":num_stacks"),
        (party_stack_get_size, ":stack_size","p_main_party",":i_stack"),
        (val_add, ":num_men", ":stack_size"),
      (try_end),
      (try_begin),
        (ge, ":num_men", 300), #300 men or more need.
        (jump_to_menu, "mnu_followers_camp_begin"),
      (try_end),
  ]),

wait != camping, waiting on a city, be on a boat, ... you need to be walking in the world map with your party (ctrl+space makes time go faster)

Back
Top Bottom