Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Vanilla VC begins to get stale, too "gamey" after gaining knowledge.
Would you guys recomend VC Balance Mod? I played it and the beginning is so much harder.

But, is it bugged maybe? Am I missing on something? I am not good with tweaks either, there are many things I'd change to turn it more immersive.

1. Is there a way to make my kingdom lords change their religion?
2. I'm having trouble controlling the dog. I know it's the 9 slot but sometimes it moves around or follows me despite a hold position command being given. Any suggestions?

Tulinbogdan1, Kalarhan’s right that you should come over to the VC Balance Mod thread if you’d like to discuss further (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,373658.0.html), but the reason you probably found the beginning harder is that bandit spawns are random in size (but weighted small), whereas in vanilla VC they are leveled to player army strength. The result is that in Balance Mod you have to use discretion in the beginning and watch out to avoid the occasional large bandit party, rather than being able to win against every party that spawns, but otherwise there shouldn’t be much of a difficulty change early game.

Ryanman12, aside from policy and other options to influence it, AI lords have a tendency to change religion towards the religion of their King, as well as the majority religion of lords in their kingdom. So if you ensure a majority of lords have your religion, the other lords will tend to covert as well.

Is there a way to download M&B: Viking Conquest (specifically http://download.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_viking_conquest_setup_1168_2044.exe ) from another site? Taleworlds' website makes it a horror to download the whole thing during most of the day, with frequent interruptions and extremely low download speeds. If there isn't (and I get to download it as a whole if I'm lucky), may I upload the file to somewhere else more reliable/accessible (IndieDB for instance)?

Same goes for the rest of the titles. So far I've managed to download Warband only, which I may upload too if given the go-ahead.

Edit: forgot to mention that the second download server isn't any better.

ScildwaelAficionado said:
Is there a way to download M&B: Viking Conquest

that is the official site. Alternatives is to use the store app like Steam or GoG if you bought the game from there (or you are able to activate your key with them).

you can also wait and try later, those download issues usually are fixed on a few days by TW.

kalarhan said:
Is there a way to download M&B: Viking Conquest

that is the official site. Alternatives is to use the store app like Steam or GoG if you bought the game from there (or you are able to activate your key with them).

you can also wait and try later, those download issues usually are fixed on a few days by TW.
I got it from Steam but I want to make it Steam-independent and run on its own since I want to save some RAM usage and whatnot. I have also tried downloading it for weeks but the speed issue is never quite resolved.

Which realism features do you guys play with?
I use:
- gear affects skills
- rest improves morale

The others seem pretty annoying and even thoygh stamina affects AI in the last patch, it still feels dumb and against Player more than it is against AI.

Gears affects skills also seem to overpower light troops. Vikingrs whom are light seem to be total beasts and overpowered. They gang up on you and slash attacks at light speed including intreruot attacks which ruins everything.

I don't use wounds and blood loss because of reasons. Even though I used wounds on latest patch, after visiting the physician it never recovered my lost points. Do I have to wait for some time before it comes back?

I got it from Steam but I want to make it Steam-independent

you can copy the VC module folder from Steam and use with the downloaded version of Warband, no need to download it twice.

if you are still having issues with the download then I suggest contacting TW support, as they are the ones that own the website/server https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,164.0.html

tulinbogdan1 said:
The others seem pretty annoying

that is why you have a option menu to select which ones you want to use, as each player has a different view on what is fun/annoying/broken, right? Experiment with them and adjust to your playstyle.

back in the day I used all of them when doing sandbox.

Yeah we're all entitled to our opinion, but I'm asking for your opinion. What do you preffer / if you think they are bugged or not working as intended.

I had to cut loose of all my great companions at day 200 because they were all pagans. My morale kept at very low and lost elite troops by the hour. Is therr any way to convert them to christianity?

tulinbogdan1 said:
I had to cut loose of all my great companions at day 200 because they were all pagans. My morale kept at very low and lost elite troops by the hour. Is therr any way to convert them to christianity?

you need to form a party of compatible companions and soldiers. As there are plenty of both to choose from, it is a question of hunting them down and recruiting the ones that make sense to your playstyle. You can also use morale boosts like taverns, food, combat success, etc, to help with management. And another important aspect is to keep your party small enough (not max size) while you are not at war (keep troops on a garrison somewhere). About half the party max size is a good value.

Thanks for the reply. I just checked the party report and my problem was that I had more soldiers than my Leader could manage. It made me lose all my elite troops in a matter of minutes.

RyanMan12 said:
The sea king trait maxes out at 4 which lets me have 7 ships

that is the maximum you can use at the same time. You can have multiple fleets parked around the world if you want to, but only use 1 fleet at time and with at most that many ships. Ships are quite heavy on performance with the sea scenes and more than that would be hard to maintain lag and performance of the game while on combat.

that info and more can be found on your notes (in game) page

RyanMan12 said:
The looting trait. Does it give more qualitative loot or quantitative loot?

looting skill? If so, same as Warband, it increases the total quantity, so higher chance of getting better quality in the mix as well.

quality = value = item price

How do I modify required renown for recruiting troops from Castles / Towns?
Balance Mod says you need 100, but in the actual gameplay it still requires 150

Back
Top Bottom