Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2024-03-21_06.56.12_409c628b63b94355c0589289b8bec128
Summary: Starting the game, via either the launcher or going straight to the .exe file, results in a crash during the initial loadup screen. This sometimes crashes my entire PC, requiring a hard reboot. Other times it opens the little crash reporter. I've tried solutions I've read elsewhere such as the 'clean reinstall' (including deleting the hidden folder in ProgramData) with no luck. I was briefly able to get in game by enabling Compatibility Mode > Windows 8 and running as administrator via going straight to the .exe for singleplayer, but didn't make it through character creation before crashing again. The crash dump referenced here is the most recent, but there are probably several from me (assuming those show up on y'alls end and are associated to the same user).

Additionally as a troubleshooting step I tried disabling XMP in my BIOS (figured it might help), but same issue.

If notable I saw this guy's thread: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/game-crash-all-time.462415/
I suspect I have the same issue, definitely the same symptoms. Thanks for any help you can provide. If there's an earlier version of the game you'd recommend that's more stable, happy to just try doing that.

(P.S. In filling this out I notice my Nvidia driver is slightly out of date but had already written this up, I'll go ahead and update that/try again and update here if it somehow fixes things.)

How to Reproduce: Launch the game
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: RTX 4090
GPU Driver Version: 551.61
CPU: Intel i9-14900K
RAM: 32GB, "CORSAIR Dominator Titanium RGB DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 7200MHz CL34"
Motherboard: MSI MEG Z790 ACE Max
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD, my OS is on a Samsung 990 Pro but the game is installed to a secondary SSD, Crucial MX500 4TB

The crash details shows that the crash is a GPU crash. We don't have a code where the application crashes. You can try to update GPU drivers. OR try the workaround below but please note it is not a guaranteed fix.
CRASH - RGLGPU_DEVICE::LOCK_TEXTURE
Unfortunately, the crash you have experienced is a GPU crash. Sadly we can't directly offer support on these cases. You can try expanding the swap size on your hard disk but please note that it is not a solid fix. You can find more info regarding this here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Back
Top Bottom