Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm interested if Anglo-Saxons have most armoured units in Viking Conquest, also I can have things as in MBWFAS except gunpowder such as ransoming girls, letters, collecting taxes, complex companion system and so far

I can adding pretty Warband and The Last Days female faces because Viking Conquest have faces which look so ugly and masculine for my tastes

lordgeretox said:
why dont we see player infantry on map like other ai

you do if your army grows on size. You can even hire a followers camp (wagon) once you have more than 300 troops.

same applies to your fleet size (more ships changes the icon)

A viking (pagan) raider can only take two companions without getting negative modifiers to morale? (Solveig, Helgi)
The module authors did not want the player to play this way?

incas said:
A viking (pagan) raider can only take two companions without getting negative modifiers to morale? (Solveig, Helgi)
The module authors did not want the player to play this way?

you have 16 companions to try out (sandbox), with different styles/personalities and on both religion types. You can also manage their clashes with bribes, etc. Finding a good party that works for you is how Warband-like game works, and VC follows this mechanic.

if you want something else then visit the modding section to learn how you can change the rules.

Cheers

And why is that metagame you're describing a lot easier when you play a kind Christian and a lot harder when you play the namesake of the mod? (Still my original question)
I guess some other post hit the nail on the head that Brytenwalda as a title wouldn't sell so they used Viking Conquest, but Christian Saxons are still the main focus of the game. It also shows in the default choice for Char gen.

incas said:
And why is that metagame you're describing a lot easier when you play a kind Christian and a lot harder when you play the namesake of the mod?

is it? Guess that depends on your playing experience. The storyline of the game, as a example, can be played as either side. You can start the game on any region, including as a king (with companions already on your party) or vassal, and the pagan lands offer a good level of protection from invasion (sea).

however if you would like to discuss the matter in details then you can create a new thread for that and expose your arguments, remember this thread is for quick questions on gameplay aspects (help). There are some interesting game design decisions and lore/history base aspects that influence how the world works in different regions.

Cheers

kalarhan said:
incas said:
And why is that metagame you're describing a lot easier when you play a kind Christian and a lot harder when you play the namesake of the mod?

is it?
Yes, again:
2 stable companions for a pagan raider vs. 6 stable companions for a good Christian. I'm not sure why you're arguing with me.

incas said:
I'm not sure why you're arguing with me.

I am not arguing. I just said that if you would like to discuss game design and balance that the appropriate place for that is a new thread (and not the Q&A). I imagine you could start a interesting discussion there.

Cheers

Vanilla Vikings Conquest
I have 21 agility and 10 athletics and i'm still being out ran by the farmers and tier 1 units in my group is there something i'm doing wrong?
Encumbrance of 7, tried lowering it, still didn't speed me up.
Changed the tactical and movement speeds in the options and that changed very little.
I'm wearing robes and light armor, nothing that restricts the agi, or athletics skills.

GrimTsukasa said:
Vanilla Vikings Conquest
I have 21 agility and 10 athletics and i'm still being out ran by the farmers and tier 1 units in my group is there something i'm doing wrong?
Encumbrance of 7, tried lowering it, still didn't speed me up.
Changed the tactical and movement speeds in the options and that changed very little.
I'm wearing robes and light armor, nothing that restricts the agi, or athletics skills.
Most troops have 5 athletics and 8 agility in my game. I noticed I can outrun my own troops wearing medium-heavy armor and slightly better stats. But if enemies are routing no chance.
I would recommend using the VC balance mod and taking berserker trait. Playing with that I was able to outrun every unit in the game even wearing heavy armor.

How does religion and reputation affects your player? What happens if your religion is dominant in your fief?

Ruan said:
How does religion and reputation affects your player? What happens if your religion is dominant in your fief?
You get morale penalties for troops that have another religion. Afaik fiefs get relationship penalties when they have a different religion. Lords and Ladies  that have your religion get relationship penalties or bonuses depending on their character and your reputation. You can sell stuff for huge profit in bandit lairs with negative reputation and recruit vikings.
If you're power gaming play a Christian with good reputation. That makes the game a lot easier. More companions, better relations and more goals overall.
(Do goals still count for rewards if you change rep to negative? I'm not sure about that.)

Back
Top Bottom