Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

DominionZA said:
what is the purpose of converting a village, does it change recruitment types like only christian troops like in friese?

how do i make the kingdom of friese stop using norse troops in garrison and army, make them only have 100% friese troops?
does converting everything to christianity help? i've expanded their troop tree so they have a decent amount of troops.

- won't change recruits type;
- improves relation with you (if same religion);
- takes a long time;
- visit the modding section if you want to change the game rules (code is available for that). Tweaks Tool, as a example, can make recruits be of your faction in any center you own

Frisia is half/half because history  :mrgreen:.. You can check the lore section for discussion on this topic
Same happens in Northhymbre

kalarhan said:
quixote_it said:
change the colour for the font of the bandit lairs?

visit the modding section, Q&A thread. You can download the game code to make the changes.

You can also check the Tweaks Tool, as it is the game code with many tweaks ready for use.

Remember that changes like that usually require a new game, or you will have to edit the savegame (using MnBSaveGameEditor)

Indeed if I start a new game the changes are visible, I didn't know that. I have edited the savegame and finally I have changed that gray in yellow, now I can spot bandit liars on the map quickly. Thank you, have a nice day : )

kalarhan said:
DominionZA said:
what is the purpose of converting a village, does it change recruitment types like only christian troops like in friese?

how do i make the kingdom of friese stop using norse troops in garrison and army, make them only have 100% friese troops?
does converting everything to christianity help? i've expanded their troop tree so they have a decent amount of troops.

- won't change recruits type;
- improves relation with you (if same religion);
- takes a long time;
- visit the modding section if you want to change the game rules (code is available for that). Tweaks Tool, as a example, can make recruits be of your faction in any center you own

Frisia is half/half because history  :mrgreen:.. You can check the lore section for discussion on this topic
Same happens in Northhymbre

Also modifies amount of income and number and quality of recruits

Hi,
Just completed story mode and continuing with sandbox mode.Trying to recruit Bodo,Egil,Brunhild ,who left me in story mode.By using tweaks tool,I know their location but I can't find them.
Ex-Bodo at tunsberg but I can't find him;is it because of negative relationship (-64).
What to do???Search only mead hall or whole city??
P.s.-asked a traveler about looking for companions; player automatically gives default response as " never mind".

Edit-just found Brunhild(positive relationship +65) at a friendly town mead hall.
"DEAD companions are dead tho, they won't be recruitable later on."
--Bodo & Egil died in story mode but I got a notice that Egil became an adventurer ,so I reloaded an earlier save and now searching to recruit.could it be done??

Kaladin said:
recruit.could it be done??

you will need to mod the game. The code that adds them to a tavern (if they are in a town) has a condition related to their storyline destiny (if dead, don't show up)
1) find Bodo on module_troops -> trp_npc6
2) locate instances of trp_npc6 on the game code, looking for the code that spawns a companion in a tavern. The operation of interest is something like set_visitor
It is most likely a script (module_scripts.py) as the code for spawning agents in a scene is done there

Code:
            (assign, ":continue_comp", 0),
            (try_for_range, ":companion_candidate", companions_begin, companions_end),
              (troop_slot_eq, ":companion_candidate", slot_troop_occupation, 0),
              (troop_slot_eq, ":companion_candidate", slot_troop_cur_center, "$current_town"),
              (neq, ":companion_candidate", "trp_npc1"), #caio isnt recruitable in taverns, only in Old Roman Quest.
              (neq, ":companion_candidate", "trp_npc7"), #Dwywei isnt recruitable in taverns, only in Old Roman Quest.
              (assign, ":continue_storyl", 0),
              (try_begin), #after storyline, no egil, no reginhard no bodo vc-3258
                (eq, "$continue_storyline", 1),
                (this_or_next | eq, ":companion_candidate", "trp_npc2"),#egil
                (this_or_next | eq, ":companion_candidate", "trp_npc6"), #bodo
                (eq, ":companion_candidate", "trp_npc8"), #reginhard
                (assign, ":continue_storyl", 1),
              (try_end),
              (neq, ":continue_storyl", 1),

now change the condition for after story and get them back if you want to. Remember to check if companion has (slot_troop_occupation=0), which means he is available (not retired, not recruited, not a adventurer, not doing a quest, etc)

kalarhan said:
Code:
            (assign, ":continue_comp", 0),
            (try_for_range, ":companion_candidate", companions_begin, companions_end),
              (troop_slot_eq, ":companion_candidate", slot_troop_occupation, 0),
              (troop_slot_eq, ":companion_candidate", slot_troop_cur_center, "$current_town"),
              (neq, ":companion_candidate", "trp_npc1"), #caio isnt recruitable in taverns, only in Old Roman Quest.
              (neq, ":companion_candidate", "trp_npc7"), #Dwywei isnt recruitable in taverns, only in Old Roman Quest.
              (assign, ":continue_storyl", 0),
              (try_begin), #after storyline, no egil, no reginhard no bodo vc-3258
                (eq, "$continue_storyline", 1),
                (this_or_next | eq, ":companion_candidate", "trp_npc2"),#egil
                (this_or_next | eq, ":companion_candidate", "trp_npc6"), #bodo
                (eq, ":companion_candidate", "trp_npc8"), #reginhard
                (assign, ":continue_storyl", 1),
              (try_end),
              (neq, ":continue_storyl", 1),
Grateful :smile:

kalarhan said:
Shingen said:
Is there anyway to set a 24 hour clock for VC?

?

no idea what that means, so you will need to add more details

if you are talking about altering/modding the game visit the modding section

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,116397.0.html

24 hour clock is a tweak for MB/Warband. I was just wondering if anyone figured it out for VC yet.

Shingen said:
24 hour clock is a tweak for MB/Warband.

ah you mean display the time of day (in-game hour) with the date. Sure, pretty easy, your link even explains how to do it.

now you are talking about modding the game, which means this is the wrong place heeh. Visit the modding section to learn how. Q&A modding thread is a good start.

I conquered a town and looted it (not devastation) and now it appears as looted and inaccessible at all, shouldn't this happen only if you use the devastation option?

Rarilmar said:
I conquered a town and looted it (not devastation) and now it appears as looted and inaccessible at all, shouldn't this happen only if you use the devastation option?

devastation and looting block the town and have penalties. The difference is that devastation is more severe and takes longer to recover.

Hello :smile: New to the forums, old M&B player :razz:

My question is, is there any kind of condition I have to meet before I can have my Torturer torture a lord in my town's prison tower? I finished building my tower in my town (there was a lord in the prison while the tower was being built, if that makes a difference), and when I go to the prison and talk to the torturer, I see the option for him to have a "friendly chat", but I get no names to choose from, my character just says "Nevermind".

I have tried taking the lord back into my party, and then put him back in the prison (the same lord that was inside the prison while the tower was being built) and nothing. I tried having a different lord in there... nothing. I tried pushing my reputation from really high up (admirable) to like -100 or something (Vile) and then talk to the Torturer... still nothing >_< I'm out of ideas as to what magical condition could it possibly be, so I'm gonna go ahead and say it's probably a bug? :/

Thanks a ton in advance.

Monario said:
torture a lord

its not a cake feature, you will fail most of the time. You need to "torture" the dude until you get him to accept a deal, but if you go to far he will faint and you will need to start over. There is also random chance, effects on your character (skills), religion...

and the lord health is a limiting factor. Each "attack" lowers the health (HP) like in combat, and if too low (60 or 40%) game over, you will need to wait a few days until he heals back.

if you want more details on system you can check the game code (see modding section), thats what I remember from memory.

All that sounds great... if I could actually select the name of the lord when I speak to my torturer lol, which is the problem I was having.
However after quite a few days I can now see the name of the prisoner when I talk to the torturer... I'm not sure why I couldn't see it before, maybe it was too soon since the tower was built? or something.

Another old problem I'm having that I figured I'd give the game time before I started worrying, is Companions. I had maybe 5 companions leave my party months ago in-game, but for some reason when I speak to travellers I don't get to ask about any of them.
Now I have read that if companions join this magical Adventurers faction (would be great if it was listed under Notes > Factions :razz:) you can no longer recruit them for your party, which is fine and sounds interesting as a feature, but I have seen at least *one* of these former companions once in a tavern, and maybe the day after I saw them I asked a traveller about my companions, and still no information.

Am I missing anything?

Monario said:
Am I missing anything?

sandbox X storyline. Different rulesets.

you can search for adventurers on this topic (there are some old discussions. Search button is right top side of the site)

tavern won't tell anything on storyline (companions are not random in that mode).

note: when asking about specific things like a dialog or menu copy the exact quote. Otherwise it is unlikely someone will quick find it on the code

For example its easy to see the feature here:
Code:
  [anyone|plyr, "tavern_traveler_talk", [ (neq, "$campaign_type", camp_storyline), #chief only in sandbox
      ], "I am looking for one of my companions...", "tavern_traveler_companion_location", []],

[anyone, "tavern_traveler_companion_location", [], "Maybe I can help you. Who are you looking for?", "tavern_traveler_companion_location_ask", []],

[anyone|plyr|repeat_for_troops, "tavern_traveler_companion_location_ask",
    [
      (store_repeat_object, ":troop_no"),
      (is_between, ":troop_no", companions_begin, companions_end),
      (neq, ":troop_no", "trp_npc1"), #no caio
      (neq, ":troop_no", "trp_npc7"),  #no Dwywei
      (troop_slot_eq,":troop_no", slot_troop_occupation, slto_player_companion),
      (troop_slot_ge, ":troop_no", slot_troop_playerparty_history, 1),

(assign, ":continue", 0),
      (try_begin),
        (troop_get_slot, ":center", ":troop_no", slot_troop_cur_center),
        (ge, ":center", 1),
        (assign, ":continue", 1),
      (else_try),
        (troop_slot_ge, ":troop_no", slot_troop_prisoner_of_party, 1),
        (troop_get_slot, ":prison", ":troop_no", slot_troop_prisoner_of_party),
        (neg|party_slot_eq, ":prison", slot_town_lord, "trp_player"),
        (assign, ":continue", 1),
      (try_end),

(eq, ":continue", 1),

(str_store_troop_name, s11, ":troop_no"),
    ],
    "{s11}", "tavern_traveler_companion_location_ask_2",
    [
      (store_repeat_object, "$temp"),
  ]],
as "I am looking for one of my companions" is such a classic phrase. Easy to look around 1 million lines of code  :wink:. Others are not.

note: when asking about specific things like a dialog or menu copy the exact quote. Otherwise it is unlikely someone will quick find it on the code

For example its easy to see the feature here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
as "I am looking for one of my companions" is such a classic phrase. Easy to look around 1 million lines of code  :wink:. Others are not.
Not sure I'm following what you're saying at all, did I need to quote something from an NPC?
I did forget to mention I'm playing in sandbox.

Don't really know how to program, the stuff inside the spoiler button is way beyond me.

Thanks anyway for the responses.

Monario said:
need to quote something from an NPC?

imagine you are talking about a phrase inside a book with 2000 pages. Kind hard to find the exact page but, if you know it, a quick search takes you there in 2sec

"This XXXX thingy is not working" X "When I ask the npc in the tavern 'I am looking for one of my companions' nothing shows up"

Monario said:
Don't really know how to program
you could learn it if you are so inclined, but that is up to you. Code there was just a example to show the ingame rules as mentioned in the text (sandbox, ex-companion is available, not on quest/retired/dead/adventurer). Also shows that Caio and Dwynei won't show up (as they are not found in taverns)

Ah, thanks for explaining that part :smile: It does sound like it would be very useful to learn how to read that code lol.
And sorry about the quote, took a while but I finally get it :razz:

Does anybody know what the "Inspiring" trait actually does? I got it in-game, and have read the notes for it but when I press T in battle, aside from my character and my troops screaming I don't see an indication of anything really happening.
Is it just a morale boost? if so, what does morale really do for you in battle? that's not too clear for me either.
Does it do anything else other than morale? if so, what? D:

Thanks in advance.

Trying searching for my answer but found nothing. What little I did find was outdated information of people who either didn't know either, or were just guessing.

I seem to remember that morale doesn't just affect when they turn and run but also how aggressive they are in combat. Don't know how tangibly it plays out though.

Back
Top Bottom