Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi all
I would like to create some role playing game ideas in VC so I have some questions.
1) Am I allowed to use characters from other games (TES: Skyrim to be exact)
2) which subforum is best for these?

Tirion Fordring said:
I would like to create some role playing game ideas in VC so I have some questions.

not sure what you mean.

1) Mod the game to include character from Skyrim
2) Write a short story (forum)
3) Youtube video
4) Something else

kalarhan said:
not sure what you mean.

1) Mod the game to include character from Skyrim
2) Write a short story (forum)
3) Youtube video
4) Something else

A custom made challenge from a player which makes you role play as a character.
EG use certain equipment, take certain castles etc.

hi everybody,
I m a norse lord ; before going on adventure of Douar-en-enez, I had 4 fiefs{3 town+1 village} but after returning from battle of Douar-en-enez as the game says the world has changed so out of curiosity ,i check and find that a lot of new towns,castles and fiefs blong to my faction now automatically. I check my fiefs in hope of winning a lottery and i find that one of my town{with approx.1000 troops+300 top tier prisonres} now belongs to another lord of my faction. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
what should i do??how to change it??

Kaladin said:

you can't

spoiler as this is related to the game story:
you went on a long travel and they didn't even expected you to come back alive. Time went on and some of your fiefs were taken by other lords.

original version (1.0) didn't have the option to play after the story was over. End of storyline = game over. So it didn't make sense to add any kind of option to retain your territory back them, as you are just a vassal.

When the story is over you can continue playing sandbox (free for all), so that won't happen again. Or you can start a fresh new sandbox game.

kalarhan said:
Kaladin said:

you can't
Okkk.. :evil: nice to know;
i fought for them & they didn't expect me to come back :evil:.Well i came back ,now deal with me;i would have liked to have the option to revolt.The sheer amount of bribe, wits and time vested in lobbying to get the town within game restrictions was back-breaking.It was a port town(cell rigmonaid) with strategic location & significance in my would-be kingdom expansion,It formed a power node with my other towns{Dun breatannan,Scuin},all towns chosen because of their close proximity and accessibility and central position on world map.All wasted,,, :sad:.
Kind of game breakin for me.What options do i have??
1-no fief exchange in VC-RE
2-don't wanna use subterfuge against the current lord occupying the town;he is a good guy[loved by people] & a friend. I only hunt bullies.
3-So,cheat is the only option left...which files,code or commands do i have to change to get my town back?? :smile:
p.s.--not going to start a new game[would feel disconnected].I prefer a slow  and immersed playthrough than repetitive.

Kaladin said:
p.s.--not going to start a new game[would feel disconnected]

just to clarify this point: check the new game options. You can start as a adventurer (no fiefs), a vassal or the king of any faction.

this way you can create any personal story you want. Start as the king of Wessex and unify England. Be a small lord in Ireland and conquer the entire island. A small merchant from Frisia. A viking lord from norselands that only focus on raiding coast territories. Many many options. And each culture plays a little different (different religions, different units and focus, some are richer, some have better defense, etc)

the storyline is like a nice tutorial (learn the game) + RPG linear storyline (follow this steps).

oh and don't forgot you have a new mini storyline in Ireland as well, if you liked the first one.

This is really a quick Q&A thread.Didn't know about that mini storyline in Ireland and tip with the save editor.
Thanks a lot to both of you  :smile:

a small problem--where to find town in save editor,pls. help{tried for 30 min}.Using game save editor v.1.03.
Found it,it is under party records,entry no.#39 ,used morgh's editor to track it down....cheated to cheat :grin:

Hi,
there is a Smith named "weyland" in my follower's camp.He doesn't seem to do anything.Am I missing something???

Kaladin said:
there is a Smith named "weyland" in my follower's camp.He doesn't seem to do anything.Am I missing something???

repairs (edit: not anymore)

Kaladin said:
This is really a quick Q&A thread

quick is not so much as fast, but easy/short questions that only require a small answer (this topic is not used for multi posts discussions)

"repairs"
Then smith "weland" is certainly not working for me . :ohdear:There is no option in dialogues for repair .3 dialogue that display are-
1-wanna buy a new weapon.(though nothing in his inventory to begin with and no restocking ever)
2-latest gossip about world
3-farewell
--sold him some defective (rusty,cracked) weapons. In hope that may be after few days in his inventory ;they would get repaired but nothing ever changes with Weland...

kraggrim said:
I think it was reported as a bug before and we were told it was working as intended, so who knows.

He doesn't do repairs anymore. Lazy dude (he is the trp_town_31_weaponsmith below)

Code:
  [anyone|plyr,"town_merchant_talk", [(is_between,"$g_talk_troop",weapon_merchants_begin,weapon_merchants_end),
      (neq, "$g_talk_troop", "trp_town_31_weaponsmith"),
    ],
    "I want to refine one of my weapons.", "smith_requested_repair_1",[]],

guess he works for everyone BUT the lord of the army  :mrgreen:, fixing cooking pots, wagons, and the like. And he is also a merchant.

A merchant who has nothing.
A Smith who won't work.
A perfect dysfunctional gossipmonger & still in the world,that guy has some serious jack up amongst the Devs;that's for sure  :grin: :grin:

p.s.-my game version is 2.021...maybe its that...

Hey guys. I can't seem to be able to recruit bandits anymore. I still have negative reputation so I doubt that's the issue. Whenever they make me an offer, even if I have enough money, my character just says 'Now I know why they call you bandits. Never mind.' Anybody knows why this is happening? Is it normal, and if so, what's at work here?

Hey guys, thanks for the answers. But as far as I know, no I do have enough space for the new troops (and by a very large margin, we're talking about like 250+ spots open.)

It could be the prisoners, I am not 100%  sure however as I believe I had just ransomed all the ones I had on me. I'll have to check that out.

I wasn't aware that there was a cooldown to be completely honest. How much time in-game time do I need to wait before I can recruit more of them?

Hey guys is there a way to change the colour for the font of the bandit liars? I can't really see those in the map... I have tried to change the colours in the factions.txt ma nothing happened, anyone can help me?

Back
Top Bottom