Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Shishio said:
And is Prophesy of Pendor any good? Too many of the screenshots are shot and I'm unsure about downloading it if it's broken
Not broken at all. But it´s not a mod for the faint of heart. Top tier units are absolutely brutal and archery is OP. There are also minor factions with hosts ranging in the thousands that you have to eventually destroy, not to mention elusive angry elven that can destroy entire armies with a bunch of their archers that you must befriend.

It also has one of the coolest features in any mod, Knighthood Orders. You can join them, do quest for them and eventually become their leader. You can found a chapter of an already existing orders (such as Knights of the Lion or Silvermist Rangers) if you have a walled fief. Or you can create a fully new one, gear them up as you want and train them to fit whatever role you need.

Articulo34 said:
Shishio said:
And is Prophesy of Pendor any good? Too many of the screenshots are shot and I'm unsure about downloading it if it's broken
Not broken at all. But it´s not a mod for the faint of heart. Top tier units are absolutely brutal and archery is OP. There are also minor factions with hosts ranging in the thousands that you have to eventually destroy, not to mention elusive angry elven that can destroy entire armies with a bunch of their archers that you must befriend.

It also has one of the coolest features in any mod, Knighthood Orders. You can join them, do quest for them and eventually become their leader. You can found a chapter of an already existing orders (such as Knights of the Lion or Silvermist Rangers) if you have a walled fief. Or you can create a fully new one, gear them up as you want and train them to fit whatever role you need.
Yes, POP is very entertaining and challenging. If you create your own knighthood order, you get 2 new unit types (knight of nn and sergeant of nn) that can be trained to be as good in any skill as your companion with the highest level in that skill, making it possible to train these 2 unit types to 10 in all skills. However, I don not think that the INT based and CHA based skills have any impact on party skills unless the unit is a companion, so I only develop their STR based and AGI based skills.

Sandbox after Story Mode
I've been playing Reforged Edition Story Mode and let the game continue into Sandbox after the story quests were done. I'm now several game-months into Sandbox, but have only encountered 1 new companion after Story Mode was completed. I did once start Sandbox from scratch and encountered more companions in a game-month than I have in Story Mode + present "Sandbox-after-Story-Mode". I have visited the mead hall in every town I pass by, with no luck in finding new companions. Then used the cheat ctrl + left mouse button to check every mead hall in one day. Still none found.
Questions:
1. Is spawn-rate of companions slower in Sandbox-after-Story than Sandbox-from-scratch?
2. Does companions killed in Story respawn in Sandbox-after-story?

If I am a pagan Norseman, am I going to lose relations with christians over time? I wont be raiding monasteries or anything.

pax7788 said:
If I am a pagan Norseman, am I going to lose relations with christians over time? I wont be raiding monasteries or anything.
Unless you do something to piss them off, no. However, if you have christian troops they will cause morale issues within your party.

Articulo34 said:
pax7788 said:
Unless you do something to piss them off, no. However, if you have christian troops they will cause morale issues within your party.
That is absolutely fantastic, my friend ! I will show the christians that the gods can be merciful and wise!

Caio and Dwywei
I've played 1 Story Mode and 3 Sandbox games and not yet met any of the 2 heroes Caio and Dwywei. The length of the 3 Sandbox games are 461, 106, and 66 days respectively. I check each mead hall regularly. Are there any special requirements for Caio or Dwywei to spawn? I have not finished the last step in the quest Mael Bresail (when he hides in his fort) in order to keep Morrigan as a companion. Could this have something to do with Caio and Dwywei not showing up?

No. of remaining days to complete an improvement
The countdown of remaining days seem to work strange when 1 day is remaining. It's the same in native. Seems to me that it is more like 2 days. Is there a way to fix this?

2w2fqmq.png
Shieldwall - swords/axes in front and spears behind? Logic?

reiksmarshal said:
How do you tell what a towns prosperity level is?
Visiting a town, top of the "opening page", above the view into the town, is a text that starts with a description of the town's status. The link below takes you to a page with a list telling you what prosperity that description translates into.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,330744.msg7814887.html#msg7814887

I don't get it, still missing a formation with long weapons in front (except banner) and short in back

Lemble said:
I don't get it, still missing a formation with long weapons in front (except banner) and short in back

you are thinking about the ancient greek formation (Phalax)

669505_PhalArgos.jpg

They used very long spears with the idea that you should prevent the enemy from getting into melee range of your ranks. Other eras/people also used this in different forms (Chinese, etc)

The shieldwall we have in Britain is different. You want both sides to clash shields and attack each other from melee, one of the reason they favour short swords and axes for that part of the combat. Spears can be used on the second/third rank to attack from above the shield or below (feet)

90216d3386feb4185a8257ad6a3508b3.jpg

Infantry and spearmen formation does not mix. I mean after I order them to shieldwall, the two division does not stand as one.I want my infantry front and spearmen in 2nd line how do I do that?

Ruan said:
Infantry and spearmen formation does not mix. I mean after I order them to shieldwall, the two division does not stand as one.I want my infantry front and spearmen in 2nd line how do I do that?

You can put them in the same formation if you change spearman in infantry (or vice versa) from menu.
And no I wasn't thinking at greeks, still short spears in front and long in back not good to stop cavalry

Lemble said:
And no I wasn't thinking at greeks, still short spears in front and long in back not good to stop cavalry

This is not the age of cavalry like you see in movies (with professional armies and knights), you won't get a full charge of heavy cavalry destroying the enemy infantry formation

Lemble said:
You can put them in the same formation if you change spearman in infantry (or vice versa) from menu.
Cavalry in VC is weak enough to be stopped by a tight formation of almost anything.

Back
Top Bottom