Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Could u help me please? I cant find Aescesdun in the map and i cant enter Readingum camp. How can i fix that?

How do you get your spouse (in my case a husband as I play a female character) to your main court?
How do you even create your main court?

I recently conquered Ribe as my first town.
The husband of my character still resides in the first castle my character got as a fief.
However, I want him to be in Ribe.
How do I manage to do that? How do I make Ribe my default court?

redsimon said:
How do you get your spouse (in my case a husband as I play a female character) to your main court?

The husband of my character still resides in the first castle my character got as a fief.
Was Ribe awarded to you in the first place? If it is, there's supposed to be a menu option for that.

is marshal still nicking troops from the fiefs? if so, what is the link between the garrison size and prosperity? i read somewhere that marshal only takes troops if the garrison size is greater than what the current fief prosperity allows to sustain, is that true and what are the specs for that?
thanks.

erennuman_mb said:
redsimon said:

Was Ribe awarded to you in the first place? If it is, there's supposed to be a menu option for that.
It was awarded to me after I conquered it. I did so while the storyline wasn't finished yet (we still haven't fought against the Saxons). I don't remember any option.
But shouldn't I be able to change my court anytime I want?

Sarkiss said:
is marshal still nicking troops from the fiefs? if so, what is the link between the garrison size and prosperity? i read somewhere that marshal only takes troops if the garrison size is greater than what the current fief prosperity allows to sustain, is that true and what are the specs for that?
thanks.

Yes, Marshals still do it. 150 is the base, not exactly sure what the ratio is per prosperity.

Since last patch it seems that when I build a shrine to the Norse Gods somewhere it just disappears after I exit the game. When I load my save again the option pops up as if I never paid for one already. The town's/castle faith doesn't shift either, so its not just a text bug apparently.

It looks like a minor thing but it totally screws up the sandbox since I can't convert my settlements in order to get some decent numbers when recruiting. Just wanted to know if anyone encountered that problem.

So I am playing kingdom sandbox as king of Connachta and I am trying to get an alliance with Alban.  I have 1000+ renown, 48 honor, 82 right to rule, 78 relation with the king of Alban, and 32 relation with the kingdom of Alban (a huge pain in the @$$ that  :roll:).  Every time I send an emissary (Bodo with persuasion :cool: to the king of Alban he refuses to recognize me (which needs to happen.  When I talk to the mayor of Scuin he says the king of Alban doesn't trust I will keep any agreements we make.  It seems strange, since the king of Mumain has recognized me and I only have 27 relation with him (and 17 with his faction).  Am I missing something here?  Is there something else I need to do (increase my honor?).  Any advice is welcome.  Thanks.

Ordo_Lyrae said:
  Am I missing something here?  Is there something else I need to do (increase my honor?).  Any advice is welcome.  Thanks.

It is hard to say without seeing your map. You might use cheat mode to get a better idea ok f what the reason is.

Could be he fears your power. Could be he or you have relations with another faction which is affecting it. Might be or an ally hold a fife he is coded to try and take.

There are many things that can figure into it.

I haven't taken any fiefs yet, so I just have Connachta's starting fiefs, I have no other allies, and have a positive relationship with only Laigin (17).  Alban has been at war with Uladh, Nothvegr and Alt Clut, all of whom I have 0 relation with.  It's just kind of frustrating after I put all this work into getting an alliance with him.

What cheat codes could I use to check these things? 

Ordo_Lyrae said:
I haven't taken any fiefs yet, so I just have Connachta's starting fiefs, I have no other allies, and have a positive relationship with only Laigin (17).  Alban has been at war with Uladh, Nothvegr and Alt Clut, all of whom I have 0 relation with.  It's just kind of frustrating after I put all this work into getting an alliance with him.

What cheat codes could I use to check these things?

Just toggling on cheat mode in Camp Menu will give you some info. I cannot imagine you have a fife Alban is coded to take. With cheat mode on you should be able to see their friends and foes. it may be they have a relationship with one of your neighbors who wants one of your fifes.

Ordo_Lyrae said:
So I am playing kingdom sandbox as king of Connachta and I am trying to get an alliance with Alban.  I have 1000+ renown, 48 honor, 82 right to rule, 78 relation with the king of Alban, and 32 relation with the kingdom of Alban (a huge pain in the @$$ that  :roll:).  Every time I send an emissary (Bodo with persuasion :cool: to the king of Alban he refuses to recognize me (which needs to happen.  When I talk to the mayor of Scuin he says the king of Alban doesn't trust I will keep any agreements we make.  It seems strange, since the king of Mumain has recognized me and I only have 27 relation with him (and 17 with his faction).  Am I missing something here?  Is there something else I need to do (increase my honor?).  Any advice is welcome.  Thanks.
Usually they recognize You when You have mutual enemies.

Well I used the cheat menu.  The king of Alban distrusts everyone except Alt Clut (who he is at war with) and Northymbrie (who he has a mutual interest with because they are both at war with Alt Clut).  Apparently I have concerns about Northymbie's power.  This seems like the only potential conflict.  I also tried getting recognition from Mumain (which wants to improve relations with me) and the king still refuses to recognize me.  The diplomacy part of this is getting really frustrating because it seems no matter what I do it doesn't work.  Maybe it is a warband problem and not a VC problem.  Still as my first "kingdom" game this seems really dumb, especially since the player seems to have no agency in it.

can ships be left in the coastal refuge? i noticed i can sail into the level 1 refuge but cannot leave the ship there, it needs to be taken out and left elsewhere. so can the refuge serve as a port at all (after the upgrade perhaps)?
thanks

My question: How do I even build a costal refuge? How close does it have to be to the coast?

It would also be nice if my previous questions (see a couple of posts above) could be answered.

Thanks in advance.

Ordo_Lyrae said:
  The king of Alban distrusts everyone except Alt Clut (who he is at war with)...

Well, I have two peices of advice.

One, either lower your reputation to -100 or raise it to 100. This will make you either Ruthless or Heroic both of which have an affect on other leaders. Check out the personality of the lords and this will tell you which one will work best for you. Kings do not have personalities (I am pretty sure) but his vassals will affect him.

Two, go to war with one of the factions he is at war with.

Northhumbria (sp) is a problem. You might try getting stronger so you no longer fear them. This may also make you a more desired ally. If you are weak no one wants you. (Though if you get too strong everyone will hate you.)

It is a Warband Problem to a great extent. VC actually make it easier, just it is never easy.

Sarkiss said:
can ships be left in the coastal refuge? i noticed i can sail into the level 1 refuge but cannot leave the ship there, it needs to be taken out and left elsewhere. so can the refuge serve as a port at all (after the upgrade perhaps)?
thanks

Yes, it is an option you can build at level 2. You cannot make repairs though.

Back
Top Bottom