Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

redsimon said:
My question: How do I even build a costal refuge? How close does it have to be to the coast?

It would also be nice if my previous questions (see a couple of posts above) could be answered.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure just how far from the coast it can be, but I was allowed to do so when it was about the size if a village away from the coast. It was really hard to find the refuge while at sea though, perhaps because I was at the limit?

Not sure what your problem is with your husband, but I do not think he shows up at your castle or town. I always remember having to go find them. You should still have the option to move your capital to Ribe. Talk to your chanberlain about it I think.

Ivan Khan said:
Sarkiss said:
can ships be left in the coastal refuge? i noticed i can sail into the level 1 refuge but cannot leave the ship there, it needs to be taken out and left elsewhere. so can the refuge serve as a port at all (after the upgrade perhaps)?
thanks

Yes, it is an option you can build at level 2. You cannot make repairs though.
thanks.
i have an issue with not being able to rebel. i take enemy town and request it'd be rewarded to me but what hapens next is the town simply given to another lord with no usual option to "accept the decision" or "rebel". never had this issue before. i left the town ungarrisoned, may that be the reason im not getting asked and town given away without an option to do anything about it?
thank you.

Sarkiss said:
Ivan Khan said:
Sarkiss said:
can ships be left in the coastal refuge? i noticed i can sail into the level 1 refuge but cannot leave the ship there, it needs to be taken out and left elsewhere. so can the refuge serve as a port at all (after the upgrade perhaps)?
thanks

thanks.
i have an issue with not being able to rebel. i take enemy town and request it'd be rewarded to me but what hapens next is the town simply given to another lord with no usual option to "accept the decision" or "rebel". never had this issue before. i left the town ungarrisoned, may that be the reason im not getting asked and town given away without an option to do anything about it?
thank you.

Are you in sandbox mode? I do not think you can rebel in storyline. As for it being un-garrisoned, it could be it was lost before being rewarded? I have never left a town I wanted completely un-garrisoned though so I am not sure. Maybe you could try garrisoning one and see if you get the option then?

Sarkiss said:
Ivan Khan said:
Sarkiss said:
thanks

I was able to repair ships in my refugee.

Continual relation drop with lords after a player's kingdom has been destroyed. My 2 lords who I had as vassals now have -100 relation (still dropping) with no way to stop it.... The game is not letting them be released from their vassalage.

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

stevehoos said:
The game is not letting them be released from their vassalage

that is not a question, you know that bug reports are on the support subforum (remember to include the savegame and list your tweaks/mods)

Sarkiss said:
i have an issue with not being able to rebel.

Sandbox? Storyline has different rules (limitations to prevent the story breaking apart)

redsimon said:
But shouldn't I be able to change my court anytime I want?
Game has limitations when playing female. Remember that old Warband warning about playing as one will make things harder. You can test and check if it only happens with a female lady, or even a consort queen (not sure what is your case).

manekemaan said:
What is the use of the kingdom's coffers?
You can protect your cash. When you lose a battle and is captured your enemy will take a % of the gold in your wallet. Stuff in the bank is safe (well as long you don't lose your castle/kingdom)

janjanxtreme said:
what effect does WSE do with VC?
VC does not uses WSE. Even further VC requires the latest WB patch, so you can't use WSE with a older version like 1.153. What are you trying to do? Use it for a multiplayer server?

May want to wait for modules release so you can integrate them.

redsimon said:
1. Can you conquer cities during the story campaign?
2. What's the limit of ships ypu can have?
1. Only at very specific moments in the story. Remember you are not suppose to be a king in storymode, and if you get land you may need to give it up.
2. You can have multiple fleets, and 7 ships on a fleet (if you have enough skill trained)

stevehoos said:
I swear something is bugged with looting quality armors.
Loot after battle depends on your army strenght X enemy, number of dead/captured, which loot option you took on the menu, ....
You will get better drops if you take on stronger enemies and if you decide to steal from your army (they may not like it...)

The game is not letting them be released from their vassalage.

I'm pretty sure there is an option to indict a vassal for treason with your minister.

I'm playing story mode, Reforged Edition. Need help with quest "The Conqueror: Serving a Cause".
I was elected marshal and got the quest to take and hold Din Bych for 20 days. I took the castle on my own. After having won the battle, I got 3 options, all involving plundering the castle. Since I was to hold the castle, I chose conquer and plunder. (Why no option to only conquer??) This involved killing all civilians. (I want to play good guy. Why doesn't the game allow for that?) Afterwards, I have -24 relation with the population. Entering the castle, I get only 1 option, and that is LEAVE. So, I'm not able to stay in the castle to defend it. I've taken the castle, but can't enter?? I did not ask for reward, and it is not yet decided who will get the fief.
1. Why do I have to plunder when I conquer?
2. Why can't I defend from the inside what I have conquered?
3. Why can't I reinforce a fief after having conquered it?

Update 1:
The fief is now given to one of the other lords. I'm still not able to enter the castle. (Only option is LEAVE.) I assume that I can't enter as long as my relation with the population is below a certain level. I also assume that the -24 relation is due to plundering the castle. But how is it possible to avoid this when all options after taking the castle involved plundering? And how can I raise the relation when I'm not able to enter and ask for tasks? Looks to be a catch 22.

Update 2:
The new owner of Din Bych has now arrived and entered the castle. After this, when trying to enter the castle myself, I get the normal options "Visit the lord's hall", "Tour the grounds", and "Wait here for some time" in addition to the "Leave" option. So I bought enough food for the remaining days to "hold" the castle, chose "Wait here for some time" and stayed until the 20 day period was over and the quest fulfilled. However, I would very much like to get answers to my 3 questions above, and on why I have to wait for the new owner to be able to enter the castle.

You need to use spoiler tag when talking about specific storyline quests. Your 3 questions are fine, just hide the story context.

tomoscar said:

1. You can "conquer without any negative action" only if you are playing sandbox. You are not.
You are going behind enemy lines to provoke them, while the rest of the kingdom is attacking from another front. You burn the place because you need to make them as mad as possible, and you don't expect to hold the castle for long. Your mission says 20 days, but how long do you think they will keep that castle once you leave?

In storyline the only option you get is "Conquer and Plunder", and only if you are in very specific points of the story. Normally you cannot conquer anything, just plunder/loot.

2. If you plunder/loot/burn a settlement it takes a few days to recover (you can see in the map the icon of the town/castle showing the destruction). About 7 to 15 days, after that its back to business and you can enter it.

3. You can give troops to your own castles/towns, or to a neutral place (before it gets a lord)

Same rules apply to whom the king will want to give the castle. If he likes you or not, the other lords, if you already have fiefs or not, if a popular lord is without fiefs and so on. Remember that its only temporary anyway, part of the story.

JuJu70 said:
I'm pretty sure there is an option to indict a vassal for treason with your minister.

OP of that complain was refering to lords stuck after he lost his kingdom, so no minister. That is something for the support forum. Link: bug report

kalarhan said:
You need to use spoiler tag when talking about specific storyline quests. Your 3 questions are fine, just hide the story context.

tomoscar said:

1. You can conquer only if you are playing sandbox. You are not.
You are going behind enemy lines to provoke them, while the rest of the kingdom is attacking from another front. You burn the place because you need to make them as mad as possible, and you don't expect to hold the castle for long. Your mission says 20 days, but how long do you think they will keep that castle once you leave?

2. If you plunder/loot/burn a settlement it takes a few days to recover (you can see in the map the icon of the town/castle showing the destruction). About 7 to 15 days, after that its back to business and you can enter it.

3. You can give troops to your own castles/towns, or to a neutral place (before it gets a lord)

Same rules apply to whom the king will want to give the castle. If he likes you or not, the other lords, if you already have fiefs or not, if a popular lord is without fiefs and so on. Remember that its only temporary anyway, part of the story.

Thanks  :smile:
I assume that your answers to questions 2 and 3 are only valid for sandbox since I can not conquer in story mode (ref. your answer to question 1).

tomoscar said:
2 and 3 are only valid for sandbox

Tomoscar:
you can edit a quote by removing extra text, or using a spoiler tag. No need to copy it all (the quote has a link to the post you are refering to.

You can "conquer and plunder" in storyline at very specific points, on most of the story you can't. The story will tell you when.

You can't "simple conquer" on storyline, that menu will never show up. It is only for sandbox.

tomoscar said:
Which part(s) do you want me to hide?
Anything related to storyline mode. Its a spoiler for people that didn't do the quest yet.

VC Reforged Edition - Quest "The battle: Aescesdun".
Quest says I'm to go to Aescesdun near Lundenwic, but there's no place with that name on the map, and I can't find any hidden places with that name crossing all over the area around Lundenwic. Where is that place?

kalarhan said:
tomoscar said:
Quest says I'm to go to Aescesdun near Lundenwic,

check this thread for a map and discussion about the location: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=320877.0

Pay special attention to the last post by the devs
Thanks, found it :grin:
Since the place is not on the location list, I looked for a place with the name in white letters. Since Aescesdun is not in white letters, why is it not on the location list?

Is there a pre-battle phase also in the field?
I'm playing VC Reforged Edition sandbox mode. I was in the field with 10 companions when attacked by a lord with some 350 soldiers. When the battle started, I was alone in the field. I was able to flee and discovered that all 10 companions was injured with 0% health. Is there a chance of some kind of pre-battle auto event similar to the one in siege before attack?

Update:
This hasn't happened again so far, so maybe it was a glitch?

I apologize if this is the wrong topic to post this question but why is it when I play as a female and put on certain outfits, I get a male body? I'm not talking armor, I mean like a cloak that has no shirt, it gives them a male's body

Shishio said:
I apologize if this is the wrong topic to post this question but why is it when I play as a female and put on certain outfits, I get a male body? I'm not talking armor, I mean like a cloak that has no shirt, it gives them a male's body
I assume the face is still female, yes? I haven't yet played as a female in Viking Conquest, but I have in other versions of Mount & Blade. From my experience, body shape is given by the clothing/armor you chose to wear So far, I've only seen female dresses in Viking Conquest, no armor with female body shape, so your player will have a male body shape unless you wear a dress. If you want to play as a female with female body shaped armor, there is such armor in the mod for Warband called Prophesy of Pendor. If what you want is to play a topless female, I don't think there is such a mod for Mount & Blade since underwear is part of basic body. However, there are other games for you to play if this is your issue  :wink: 

tomoscar said:
Is there a pre-battle phase also in the field?
I'm playing VC Reforged Edition sandbox mode. I was in the field with 10 companions when attacked by a lord with some 350 soldiers. When the battle started, I was alone in the field. I was able to flee and discovered that all 10 companions was injured with 0% health. Is there a chance of some kind of pre-battle auto event similar to the one in siege before attack?

Update:
This hasn't happened again so far, so maybe it was a glitch?

In hundreds of hours of VC I've never seen this, so I'd guess just a rare glitch.

Shishio said:

Yeah the shirtless armours aren't designed to be worn by women. I believe there's a mod out there to give women topless armour/body models or something like that, dunno where it was though.

tomoscar said:
I assume the face is still female, yes? I haven't yet played as a female in Viking Conquest, but I have in other versions of Mount & Blade. From my experience, body shape is given by the clothing/armor you chose to wear So far, I've only seen female dresses in Viking Conquest, no armor with female body shape, so your player will have a male body shape unless you wear a dress. If you want to play as a female with female body shaped armor, there is such armor in the mod for Warband called Prophesy of Pendor. If what you want is to play a topless female, I don't think there is such a mod for Mount & Blade since underwear is part of basic body. However, there are other games for you to play if this is your issue  :wink:

Lord knows I need another surprise like Blood and Gold Caribbean lol. No I wasn't looking to play a topless female, a bra would have sufficed. I just wasn't expecting to go from a female having breasts to a hairy male chest  :lol: And is Prophesy of Pendor any good? Too many of the screenshots are shot and I'm unsure about downloading it if it's broken

Back
Top Bottom