Problems recolouring the kingdoms, any help?

Users who are viewing this thread

The three Imperial factions have too similar a color scheme. I also don't like how their shades of purple look on their clothes, so I wanted to change them into this:

zGQ7DiM.png

I went to spkingdoms.xml and found this:

Code:
  <Kingdom id="empire" owner="Hero.lord_1_1" banner_key="11.4.4.4345.4345.768.768.1.0.0.163.0.5.512.512.769.764.1.0.0" primary_banner_color="0xff793191" secondary_banner_color="0xffFCDE90" label_color="FF850C6D" color="FF4E3A55" color2="FFDE9953" alternative_color="FFffffff" alternative_color2="FF660653"

So, we've got:

1 Primary colour
2 Secondary colour
3 Label colour
4 Colour
5 Colour 2
6 Alternative colour
7 Alternative colour 2

I changed 1 and 2, didn't touch the others. To this:

Code:
 <Kingdom id="empire" owner="Hero.lord_1_1" banner_key="11.4.4.4345.4345.768.768.1.0.0.163.0.5.512.512.769.764.1.0.0" primary_banner_color="0xffF0EBDF" secondary_banner_color="0xff8D2819" label_color="FFCCB57F" color="FFCCB57F" color2="FFDE9953" alternative_color="FFffffff" alternative_color2="FF660653" 

<Kingdom id="empire_w" owner="Hero.lord_1_7" banner_key="11.8.8.4345.4345.768.768.1.0.0.164.0.9.512.512.769.764.1.0.0" primary_banner_color="0xff2A2A2A" secondary_banner_color="0xffcd2b12" label_color="FF271212" color="FF554f57" color2="FFDE9953" alternative_color="FF1F1D1F" alternative_color2="FFc28446"

The results ingame are... weird. For example, I changed the colour of the Western and Northern Empires to black and red, and white and red. But in the map, all I see is that the cities of the Sturgians and the Western Empire not owned by the faction leader have changed colour. Now the Sturgians sport golden symbols instead of ice-white, and the Western Empire has the colours of the Northern Empire.

I don't understand what's going on. Any ideas?
Thanks.

I personally think they are wasting a prime opportunity to turn the "Empire" faction into something more flavorful, which in turn would lend itself to new coloring anyway. I think if the split it the way the Roman empire went with the Western and Eastern Roman empires you could make more flavor with the Betrayed mercenary faction. The units are already in the game so why not have one side go the way of the Western and keep the post Marian reform units, another side go Eastern and keep with the more Byzantine style units and have the third break away as some form of Auxillary or something. That would split them up, but you would need to find a new color for Vlandia.

OK. I got it.
You need use colors codes from banner_icons.xml
and then it should work.
It work for me.

Whoa, thanks! I'll try that today.

I personally think they are wasting a prime opportunity to turn the "Empire" faction into something more flavorful, which in turn would lend itself to new coloring anyway. I think if the split it the way the Roman empire went with the Western and Eastern Roman empires you could make more flavor with the Betrayed mercenary faction. The units are already in the game so why not have one side go the way of the Western and keep the post Marian reform units, another side go Eastern and keep with the more Byzantine style units and have the third break away as some form of Auxillary or something. That would split them up, but you would need to find a new color for Vlandia.

It really wouldn't make sense to have post-Marian equipment side by side with 10th Century Byzantine gear. Tactics changed, and so did the gear. However, I'd like it if they, instead of just ripping off the Trajan Column for inspiration, they tried to give them something just a tad more Western Roman (thin pteruges and medallions, maybe a smudge of lorica segmentata, but made to be scale or lamellar armour instead of just plate segments)

Terco has made some beautiful sketches of what this could look like.

But actually, doesn't the Legion wear more ancient Roman looking gear already?

0BcGssj.png

v9jiZP3.png

Divided Sturgia into West and East one and gifted them some Khuzait and Vlandia settlements and clans.
Hoped to slow down both Vlandia and Khuzaits and it worked to a extent. Just not enough to make a difference.
OtZq1Xo.png

Its ending like always.
Khuzaits too strong.

Back
Top Bottom