PREVIOUS EVENT: Battle of Sulcoit (8/12/13)

Users who are viewing this thread

Nilfheim? I wouldn't wish that fate upon my worst enemies, you cruel bastard.

Is this King Ívarr bastard the great grandson of Ivar the Boneless? According to wikipedia he is of the dynasty Uí Ímair which means he must be a descendant or relative of Ivar the Boneless who had a son called Ivarr, but this son had holdings in Northumbria around 878. If that is the Ivarr mentioned here he must have been ancient at the time of Sulcoit.

Hengwulf said:
I will attend afterall. It seems my lady has to work on that faithful day so no Christian festivities for this pagan. Unless the norns spin some wicked faith for me afterall, my spear and axe are there to take some Screalings to Niflheim.
viking-ship.jpg

Great!  :smile:

Wernicke, nah, he was probably a member of the Uí hÍmair dynasty, but he wasn't that closely related to Ívarr the Boneless. It's a simple fact of Norse-Gaelic nobility that everyone seemed to bear the same few frickin' names.

i will join but which side? my name shall be Mochta mac Lugaid if Goídil, but if Viking it would be Bersi Snorrason. i can't decide it myself so u guys do it and tell me. sry about this name thing :grin: too excited about the event

qbou.png
5ihk.png
We sign up for Norðmenn side.

Grom
Poznomir
Dragomir
Jarema
Dobrowoj
Wojsław
Krzesimir
Okrzesław
Bartłomiej
Pakosz
Kocibor
Czkawka
Vesemir
Chocislaw
Rad
Izbigniewa
Radowit
Lutomir
Gniewosz
Bożydar
Drogoslaw
Dzierzywoj
Cirzpibog
Zbigniew
Jaromir
Przemyslaw
Jarostryj
Wodyslaw

The Uí Senáin will stand by Mathgamain son of Cennétig and the rest of the Dál Cais in this struggle against the foreigners of Limerick.

Uí Senáin
(12-14)

*Áeducán ua Senáin*
Adomnán ua Senáin
Ardgar ua Senáin
Berach ua Senáin
Gáethíne ua Senáin
Gormán ua Senáin
Rígbardán ua Senáin
Robartach ua Senáin
Rúadán ua Senáin
Rumann ua Senáin
Tipraite ua Senáin
Uallachán ua Senáin
&
Amlaíb int Slucuda Lenbán
Conchobar mac Eógain
(Fyrningas)

There, there, Eiríkr.

Nabuhodonozor, you're not required to use Norse names, but you're strongly encouraged to do so. It adds to the immersion, you know. Also, all the cool kids are doing it.

Using period appropriate names are highly encouraged for immersion and to allow people to get the full enjoyment of the Event and Víkingr, but is not enforced - though personally I will look upon those that have put effort to do so favourably, for example will be last to be moved for balance purposes etc.  That said, you have been signed up! :smile:

Names are nevertheless secondary. Not so much influence on the enjoyment of the game.
In battle I look at enemy axe, not names.
Greetings :smile:

Jarema_Milewski said:
No.I am only expressed my opinion about this.

Nobody cares about your opinion unless you show us your plump tits or bring some about. You better think about your own homestead and not the field of battle, for we will be on your hall way before you bury your hoard and stack your fat women far away on some half sinking turd vessel you call a ship!

Back
Top Bottom