Precise questions about combat

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there,

This might of been answered already, but I'll shoot regardless;

- Will CTRL J still be part of the game, as cavalry?
- Will there be heavy cavalry, as tanky as chargers or sarranid warhorses?
- Will there be crushthrough? I.E morningstars n such.
- Will there be the same bump/slash cavalry mechanic?
- I heard feints were reduced to a better noob-friendly level, anyine has any information on those? (This include chambers?)
- Any informations on couched-lancing?

Again, I've been browsing the forum and couldn't find any answers. I would highly appreciate any guidance and feedback from anyone.

Thanks in advance,
Pette.

Ctrl-J not sure.
Heavy cavalry, yes.
Crushthrough yes, otherwise there really is no incentive to use a slower mace or axe than a sword.
bump/slash IDK.
feints being reduced I am not certain.
Couched-lancing yes.

lab637 is mostly correct. To expand on the things that are uncertain, I would say there's no reason to think a ctrl+J functionality wouldn't be included. I don't see any reason to remove it or leave it out, but I can think of a couple reasons to keep it in. It could also exist in a slightly altered form, where it's no longer an immediate stop but is still much faster than holding S to stop.

Bump/slash, there's no reason to think this doesn't exist because it's not really a discrete mechanic per se but rather a coordination of two independent actions. We know bumping still exists, and obviously slashing still exists, so it's just a matter of bumping your opponent with your horse and timing your slash to follow. It may be easier or harder to do in Bannerlord, but it will certainly still exist.

Feints are being changed, but the nature of that change and the degree to which they are being changed are still uncertain. Chambers I think are still in the game, and will behave just as they do in Warband.

Will the attacking and blocking weapons' weights affect the paralyzing time of the blocking player before he becomes able to attack ?

I mean if I have a two handed sword or mace and a man blocks it with a 1h sword will he be more paralized compared to someone with same stats but blocking with a 2h weapon ?

Edit:

Also 2 weapons with same weight. One of them is 1h and the other 2h.
Will the 2h weapon be faster to swing ?

@Orion

Horse bumping will be much harder in Bannerlord. When a player gets hit by a horse they will be launched back a couple meters and the player's weapon will stop moving.

I would go as far as to say they massively nerfed it to uselessness.

Lolbash said:
@Orion

Horse bumping will be much harder in Bannerlord. When a player gets hit by a horse they will be launched back a couple meters and the player's weapon will stop moving.

I would go as far as to say they massively nerfed it to uselessness.
I am 100% certain that is not always the case. You can find plenty of examples in videos of people being hit by horses and not getting sent flying. What you describe tends to happen when a horse is moving full speed and hits a person head-on. At other times, the victim is either knocked down or staggered by the passing horse without being knocked back significantly.

The player's weapon also does not stop moving in any way, assuming you are talking about the rider. Swings follow through entirely regardless of whether the horse hits someone.

Thanks all of you for the answers.

CTRL J is extremely useful on current Warband to counter lancers and some cavalry in some situations and as I play heavy cav since 2010, I felt the need to ask.

Regarding bumps I am almost sure it actually bumps people far out of your weapon range but if that's the case bump/lancing would be def a new meta.

All of those questions need a dev or an actual tester to answer with.
I kindly invit any of you to write them down and if you ever feel kind enough AND meet a dev QaA, please do not hesitate asking them out.

Thanks.

- We haven't seen any footage of the cavalry emergency stop yet
- Heavy cavalry exist with the best heavy cavalry unit hailing from Vlandia
- I'm pretty sure weapons with crush exist but can't find footage right now
- The bump slash exists but will be harder to do at full speed because of knockdown/knockback
- Feints are being nerfed because the devs consider it a broken mechanic in Warband
- Lances can be couched

Additions to combat include stances, chain attacks, chain attack feints, reworked kicks and jumps, shield and 2h weapon bash, crouch, directional shield blocking and other tech/mechanics I've forgotten off the top of my head.

Get keen

pepette said:
Regarding bumps I am almost sure it actually bumps people far out of your weapon range but if that's the case bump/lancing would be def a new meta.
Not new by any means. A bit more difficult to pull off than bump-slashing, but it's been fairly common since 2012 or 2013.

Footbeard said:
- We haven't seen any footage of the cavalry emergency stop yet
- Heavy cavalry exist with the best heavy cavalry unit hailing from Vlandia
- I'm pretty sure weapons with crush exist but can't find footage right now
- The bump slash exists but will be harder to do at full speed because of knockdown/knockback
- Feints are being nerfed because the devs consider it a broken mechanic in Warband
- Lances can be couched

Additions to combat include stances, chain attacks, chain attack feints, reworked kicks and jumps, shield and 2h weapon bash, crouch, directional shield blocking and other tech/mechanics I've forgotten off the top of my head.

Get keen

Thanks a lot. I am locking the topic as my questions were answered. See you on Bannerlord when it'll come out.

PS: If they added a chain mechanic with feints, I guess it will be even more broken and less noob friendly :razz:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom