Potential multiplayer skins leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Armagan said:
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to make a clarification on this issue. Micro-transactions are not something we are actively working on at the moment. However, cosmetic only micro-transactions are a great way to fund active multiplayer updates and if we decide to add purchasable or grindable skins at some point, we'll definitely make them strictly cosmetic-only.

Also, the idea that class selection was added to facilitate micro-transactions makes absolutely no sense. Warband's multiplayer equipment system was more or less inspired by Counter Strike, and Valve doesn't seem to have any problems using Micro-transactions with their game. We could have used an equipment selection system for multiplayer and devise a monetization system for it quite easily. Frankly, micro-transactions is the last thing in our mind, since we still have the huge task of creating a successful and fun multiplayer game experience.

Not to mention how micro-transactions have ruined so many games. I would weep if Bannerlord devolved into that.

I am still going to stand by my words regarding bannerlord and it's microtransactions. Only one i can somehow tolerate are those which can be achieved via game-play, and by game play i do not mean tens to hundreds of hours for one single item, even that being the best item available.

Everything rest is a no go for me. I wont tolerate this now, nor later. Microtransactions are a plague which multiplayer games are affected in this decade.

Knez said:
I am still going to stand by my words regarding bannerlord and it's microtransactions. Only one i can somehow tolerate are those which can be achieved via game-play, and by game play i do not mean tens to hundreds of hours for one single item, even that being the best item available.

Everything rest is a no go for me. I wont tolerate this now, nor later. Microtransactions are a plague which multiplayer games are affected in this decade.

Exactly, microtransactions are and always have been a business venture. They add nothing to video games.

AmateurHetman said:
Exactly, microtransactions are and always have been a business venture. They add nothing to video games.

That's not entirely true. You can like them , you can hate them.

One must admit that they allow further funding of the project and possible projects after Bannerlord.

The other question is :

Does Taleworlds need it ? I simply don't know. I'm not in charge of their Business Model and that's their cup of tea.

My opinion is just : If it's purely cosmetic i'm fine with it. Then at least i can decide for myself if i want to support them or not. If it affects stats and performances of weapons / armor etc. then i'm not fine with it and won't support it. Simple as that.

Cosmetic or not, as a customer it would be better to have DLC as a way of giving money to the studio rather then cosmetics.

Cosmetics are a cheap, low effort way of getting money to the studio. Taleworlds has countless of models of weapons, armor and characters.

DLC is just much more better and adds so much more to the game.

here's how it might look in game:
7Pzg_.png

While I am not opposed to the concept of cosmetic microtransactions in principle, I do believe that they should be featured as a last-ditch effort to monetise an underperforming game, and that they are wholly incompatible with upfront payment. What I mean by this is that at the point where it would be perfectly fine for TW to monetise cosmetics, the multiplayer section of the game should go free to play (with some sort of bonus for previous buyers, of course). This would bring in a new wave of players (which, if TW have decided that microtransactions are needed, will likely be neccesary anyway) and would remove the issue of having microtransations in a paid game, which is something many people have a great distaste for.

While on the topic of skins, will lighter and darker skin be made available for the character editor soon? I'd like to have the full scale from shut-in russian to nilote available, that'd be grand. Also, the slimmer playermodel was by far superior, you should bring it back, and maybe stretch those stubby legs a bit too.

Faustus said:
[...] Also, the slimmer playermodel was by far superior, you should bring it back, and maybe stretch those stubby legs a bit too.
Heresy !
With the anorexic model, that menavlion you posted looked like a lolly pop from the waist up.
We will thankfully have a weight slider on full release and maybe EA.

Evvv said:
Younes said:
You can have both but cosmetics is the bad choice, did you just completely ignore what i wrote?

It's not even a choice when they're not mutually exclusive. You lose nothing by not buying cosmetics.
I'm saying there are better ways to make money then cosmetics, DLC is way better for us as consumers since we get actual content and not some models.

cosmetics you can buy is a bad choice for bannerlord, just does not fit it.

Don't know how you can support micro transactions. Its scummy no matter in what way you look at it.

Evvv said:
You lose nothing by not buying cosmetics.

You lose nothing by not buying the cosmetics with real money if they're also obtainable by playing. Remember that we're talking about a full priced game, that cosmetic items are part of the game, and that Bannerlord is heavily lacking customization options at the moment.

Some people seem to be very supportive of reducing the final product's quality in order to make the company more money, and that's just dumb. Just because scammy microtransactions are well established within the gaming industry doesn't make them any less dishonest. Taleworlds doesn't need to resort to ****ty business practices in order to make money.

If microtransactions are to be introduced, the items purchasable with real money also have to be obtainable by playing normally. Paying the same amount of money for a game with less content doesn't sound like a better idea than hugging a cactus.

If this game has microtransactions I would really consider not buying the game. Microtransactions are a scam and whoever says otherwise is a priviliged person that can afford wasting money on completely useless things. Like others have said microtransactions add nothing to a videogame, is an horrible move to overcharge and any decent company would not apply this, I would literally pay the game higher if the company needs the money but definitly not this way, if true, damn what a dissapointment

Klausolus said:
You lose nothing by not buying the cosmetics with real money if they're also obtainable by playing. Remember that we're talking about a full priced game, that cosmetic items are part of the game, and that Bannerlord is heavily lacking customization options at the moment.

Now this I agree with. I don't think that they should take customization that should be part of the base game and lock it behind microtransactions or day-1 DLC, that's scummy. I don't think that they should be locked behind 500 hours of grinding either. But I don't see anything wrong with paying for purely cosmetic items that don't affect gameplay at all. The real issue with microtransactions would be whether or not they are game-altering, which would be a cardinal sin and pretty much unforgivable.

Kodlak Jorrvas said:
If this game has microtransactions I would really consider not buying the game. Microtransactions are a scam and whoever says otherwise is a priviliged person that can afford wasting money on completely useless things. Like others have said microtransactions add nothing to a videogame, is an horrible move to overcharge and any decent company would not apply this, I would literally pay the game higher if the company needs the money but definitly not this way, if true, damn what a dissapointment

lol, nice personal attack. You shouldn't make assumptions about the "privilege" of people you haven't met. Just because they want to spend their money one way doesn't mean they have inherently more privilege than, for instance, you. Perhaps buying a video game at all means you're a very privileged person that can afford wasting money on completely useless things?

No, what I mean is that there is absolutely no point in microtransactions rather than looking "better" than the others, heey guys look my character doesnt looks like **** because I've payed 5 more bucks, is not like buying a game you will enjoy yourself, also you took it personally honestly I didnt even read your messages, but I cant understand in anyway why would you support microtransactions, is literally paying for a virtual cloth that has no value other than pursuing a sense of class superiority in a videogame, is habbo hotel all over again

Kodlak Jorrvas said:
... virtual cloth that has no value other than pursuing a sense of class superiority in a videogame...

The same could be said for many clothes in reality, but people still buy them because that pursuit is very much the point. I'm actually more sympathetic to this in a game, because we're roleplaying there (even in MP to some extent) and want to depict our alter ego a certain way, a bit like playing theatre.

But I agree that custom items should not give the impression of being designed to look extra spectacular in order to show off. They should make sense and fit in with the general visuals. 

Back
Top Bottom