Potential multiplayer skins leak

Users who are viewing this thread

John the Roleplayer said:
Kodlak Jorrvas said:
... virtual cloth that has no value other than pursuing a sense of class superiority in a videogame...

The same could be said for many clothes in reality, but people still buy them because that pursuit is very much the point. I'm actually more sympathetic to this in a game, because we're roleplaying there (even in MP to some extent) and want to depict our alter ego a certain way, a bit like playing theatre.

But I agree that custom items should not give the impression of being designed to look extra spectacular in order to show off. They should make sense and fit in with the general visuals.
And how does that justifies microtransactions in a videogame? It just exactly points out my problem, and these issues are the last thing to be added in a videogame, people have to deal with this in reality why making everyone feel lesser in a game too is necessary? And im not saying everyone particulary feels lesser for having a basic skin but damn it is made for that dude, everyone should get eveything because you've already payed for a game, like I said, charging people for content you took nothing to make, and has no other point rather than creating a class superiority between your players is a scam and its a trash move

Kodlak Jorrvas said:
John the Roleplayer said:
Kodlak Jorrvas said:
... virtual cloth that has no value other than pursuing a sense of class superiority in a videogame...

The same could be said for many clothes in reality, but people still buy them because that pursuit is very much the point. I'm actually more sympathetic to this in a game, because we're roleplaying there (even in MP to some extent) and want to depict our alter ego a certain way, a bit like playing theatre.

But I agree that custom items should not give the impression of being designed to look extra spectacular in order to show off. They should make sense and fit in with the general visuals.
And how does that justifies microtransactions in a videogame? [...]

It doesn't. I wasn't contradicting you, it was just a comment. I'm rather against microtransactions as well, but could feel somewhat relaxed about it if they are done well, especially since I'm lenient with Taleworlds.

I see a lot of comments that seem to focus on "Microtransactions are okay if I can get the stuff by just playing the game, as long as it's not 100s of hours". Sorry to burst your bubble, but if microtransactions are part of the game, having an alternative method that's easy to achieve would nullify any potential gain the devs get from adding MTX to begin with. That's why you always see that the alternative to paying takes forever: if it didn't, nobody would pay them.

Personally, I hate the idea of long term progression baked into M&B to begin with. I love the fact that everyone always has the same tools in Warband. I also love the mods in Warband that do add long term progression, like NordInvasion, but that shouldn't be the base game imo. Though I'll expect I'm in the minority there.

Maroon said:
I see a lot of comments that seem to focus on "Microtransactions are okay if I can get the stuff by just playing the game, as long as it's not 100s of hours". Sorry to burst your bubble, but if microtransactions are part of the game, having an alternative method that's easy to achieve would nullify any potential gain the devs get from adding MTX to begin with. That's why you always see that the alternative to paying takes forever: if it didn't, nobody would pay them.

Personally, I hate the idea of long term progression baked into M&B to begin with. I love the fact that everyone always has the same tools in Warband. I also love the mods in Warband that do add long term progression, like NordInvasion, but that shouldn't be the base game imo. Though I'll expect I'm in the minority there.
I don't think Taleworlds are dumb enough to add microtransactions for anything other than cosmetic. If that's not the case and they decide to include non-cosmetic microtransactions, then Bannerlord MP might as well burn in a fire.
Doing this would be financial suicide though. I find it inconceivable that Taleworlds would do something so greedy.

Even cosmetic MTX (that you can get with "free" progression) require a method of long term progression. Hell, it's already in the beta with the global level that players have. My point was that I personally really like that that is entirely absent in Native Warband. There is absolutely no tracking of anything outside of the game you are currently in, and I really like that.

In other words, I'm also very opposed to the idea of "just" cosmetic MTX.

Maroon said:

I made one of those comments, but don't worry you certainly didn't burst any bubble. I never said that they will do it, although I certainly don't exclude it, but that method is the most I'd be willing to accept and where I set the limit; I don't think it's reasonable to say that nobody would pay for them, there would still be people who would prefer to pay and get an item instantly rather than investing few hours into it. Regardless, obviously it wouldn't generate the most income for TW, but I'd be totally against anything that requires a massive grind.

Obviously I'd prefer if microtransactions weren't a thing at all. I'm of the idea that if I pay full price for a product, I should get the complete product, without any additional costs involved no matter how "optional". Customizing equipment might not have a direct impact on gameplay, but it is certainly fun, and a significant part of the experience, which I think should be fully covered by the price paid for the game.

I agree that that would be the least invasive method of having microtransactions. I guess I just have a bit of a harder limit personally; I would actively find a way to mod the MTX out of the game.

Maroon said:
Untrue, most of rising storm 2 cosmetics DLCs are indeed the way to get stuff without playing tens of hours instead. Most, but not all. And i tend to see big amount of low level players having items that would normally take them more leveling up to do. And that i tolerate, IF NOT support . Everything else is a joke, and i boycott that way of handling the game, unless the game is free to begin with, and is not priced high at very least. If i paid 60 euros, i want to have everything game has to offer.  You don't have to boycott that game handling (by YOU i mean reader), but i will, It's my decision to do so and nothing in this world will change it.

They've made catastrophic game-flopping mistakes in combat, classes, stances, handling / blocking speed, delays, feinting... but you'll trust they'll get micro-transaction's right.

Alrighty hahahahaha really excited to see them release MTX skins for your 3rd perk slot in Early Access after nearly 11 years of dev time.

Why don't we pay Taleworlds for actual content in the form of DLC than in low effort skins that currently plague the vast majority of modern games. Bannerlord itself needs a lot of work and I'd rather have Taleworlds focused completely on making it balanced, complete, and fun for both singleplayer and multiplayer. Once Taleworlds has developed Bannerlord into a wholly enjoyable and stable game which could even take years from now, I would much prefer to pay Taleworlds for actual content that I can enjoy instead of skins that I won't give half a **** about. If anything, Taleworlds actually benefits more from not including cosmetic microtransactions at all. Not including a system of in-game purchases tends to be a drastic benefit for the reputation of the game and the developers these days. I can also see the sales of cosmetics dwindle tremendously once certain mods become popular and make the whole microtransaction system effectively defunct. In the end, we might not lose anything by not paying for cosmetics, but we sure don't gain anything either. Not that those paying for cosmetics even gain anything that meaningful in the first place.

shin said:
They've made catastrophic game-flopping mistakes in combat, classes, stances, handling / blocking speed, delays, feinting... but you'll trust they'll get micro-transaction's right.

Alrighty hahahahaha really excited to see them release MTX skins for your 3rd perk slot in Early Access after nearly 11 years of dev time.
Don't think so negatively. The "catastrophic mistakes" are being worked on, and microtransaction implementation is completely unrelated to those gameplay mechanics. You can choose to believe what Armagan said in his post or not, but thus far TW has done nothing to warrant this extreme skepticism.

Who in earth thinks "microtransactions can be applied well" seriously WHAT example do you have of that? Honestly I cant find a single game that has applied it well, fr give solid arguments instead of your hypothethical theories of an utopic microtransactions where the company isnt a greedy ****

I agree with Knez. Microtransactions are acceptable in free to play games, but in a full-priced game, it’s ridiculous to implement them.

When have MTX become better than buying a game with all the content and maybe a few DLCs to add new content.

@Evvv
I agree that warframe was mostly done well, but it was done well for a free to play game with MXT. Compared to a full-priced game that offers everything, it’s poor.

That was a direct response to Kodlak. To invoke a difference between good microtransactions in an FTP game vs a paid game would be moving the goalposts in regards to his argument, but it seems like people here are just being angry for no real reason rather than interested in actually discussing it anyways.

TaLeWorLds could be in a real tight spot now when it comes to popularity among it's consumers.
They (Armağan) created a real gem, out of every existing pattern, gamers fell in love with the game franchise, with Armağan, and eventually with the company, which became people's champion.
There was only software engineering and 3d modeling involved at first, no substantial previous experiences in bussiness management, a branch that does not always go hand in hand with being popular with consumers. Especially when your target groups are used to being pampered with low prices, vast modding community, huge forum community and a direct contact with the primary developer, the sole owner of the company that made our loving franchise, who still takes into account community feedback and suggestions, in whichever amount someone thinks that is still the case.

Now as a private bussiness owner myself, a 80-90 employees circa ( as Taleworlds has now) of my own i could consider as nothing less than as a crown of my entrepreneurial career, as would any other rational man and woman who has ever owned a bussiness of his/her own.
That would lead to some structural changes, an thus a slight change of course in bussiness management in order for the company to still work properly.
Taleworlds has it's hands tied for even trying to do what every other company is doing and not only getting away with it, but making BILLIONS of dollars in the process.
To me, putting myself in perspectives of both consumer and Armağan, we don't have the right to demand anything yet we haven't paid for, and Taleworlds will suffer huge concequences if it turns out dishonest and incorporate paid cosmetics into full release, if they weren't previously officialy announced before it goes on sale with a full price in Early Access.
Everybody has a choice, we to make an informed decision of buyng EA or full release, them of being honest or dishonest about their product, but every decision will have it's concequence.
I personally have no reason to distrust Armağan and Taleworlds, because i was never previously dissapointed by them.

All i am saying is that we have NO RIGHT demanding a single thing here, as they have no right demanding we buy the game.
Even if you were being lied to, buy the product and then after a year microtransactions kick in, that's your consumer risk as in any other industrial branch-buyng a product that will serve you well for the money. And as in every other product you buy - you win some, you lose some.
That's the risk i am willing to take anyways.

Evvv said:
That was a direct response to Kodlak. To invoke a difference between good microtransactions in an FTP game vs a paid game would be moving the goalposts in regards to his argument, but it seems like people here are just being angry for no real reason rather than interested in actually discussing it anyways.
Bannerlord= Not FTP
I thought this was obvious apparently not

WraithWyvern said:
Why don't we pay Taleworlds for actual content in the form of DLC than in low effort skins that currently plague the vast majority of modern games. Bannerlord itself needs a lot of work and I'd rather have Taleworlds focused completely on making it balanced, complete, and fun for both singleplayer and multiplayer. Once Taleworlds has developed Bannerlord into a wholly enjoyable and stable game which could even take years from now, I would much prefer to pay Taleworlds for actual content that I can enjoy instead of skins that I won't give half a **** about. If anything, Taleworlds actually benefits more from not including cosmetic microtransactions at all. Not including a system of in-game purchases tends to be a drastic benefit for the reputation of the game and the developers these days. I can also see the sales of cosmetics dwindle tremendously once certain mods become popular and make the whole microtransaction system effectively defunct. In the end, we might not lose anything by not paying for cosmetics, but we sure don't gain anything either. Not that those paying for cosmetics even gain anything that meaningful in the first place.

Yes, DLC should be sold not some stupid fortnite skins. I would gladly pay for DLC that are worth it, not some stupid skins.

Kodlak Jorrvas said:
Evvv said:
Bannerlord= Not FTP
I thought this was obvious apparently not
No we have to pay a full priced game to then be faced with another bunch of overpriced cosmetic garbage in our face.

I don't think Evvv gets the point of this, its a scummy move to include lazy skins rather then DLC that would be worth it a lot more.

AmateurHetman said:
I agree with Knez. Microtransactions are acceptable in free to play games, but in a full-priced game, it’s ridiculous to implement them.

When have MTX become better than buying a game with all the content and maybe a few DLCs to add new content.

@Evvv
I agree that warframe was mostly done well, but it was done well for a free to play game with MXT. Compared to a full-priced game that offers everything, it’s poor.
Exactly

Evvv said:
Datamining shows that it may be possible that players can pay additional money to developers on top of a full priced game.
I'm sure we're all here to be angry for no reason rather than actually discussing.
Sorry, but what? What else is there to discuss? We don't know much about the implementation, we don't even know if MTX are going to be a thing to begin with. But you can bet that we'll make sure that the developers know how much of a terrible idea we think that is.
Also, you seem to be acting as if pointing out a fallacy fully invalidates what he said, which it doesn't. Warframe is apparently a pretty good example (haven't played it myself, couldn't tell you), but the fact that he mentioned that Warframe is fundamentally different after you responded doesn't change the fact that it's fundamentally different.

vicwiz007 said:
Don't think so negatively. The "catastrophic mistakes" are being worked on, and microtransaction implementation is completely unrelated to those gameplay mechanics. You can choose to believe what Armagan said in his post or not, but thus far TW has done nothing to warrant this extreme skepticism.

You can sugarcoat it however you want but that's simply not true. Stances are staying. Handling stat is staying, which means weapons all have varied blocking delays. Classes are staying. Feinting feels terrible and will stay that way. Combo's are staying. It is not a good game. Microtransactions will happen and I have no doubt about that because I'd be going against the grain by suggesting they wouldn't implement something nobody wants at this point.

Back
Top Bottom