Potential multiplayer skins leak

Users who are viewing this thread

578 said:
4.98$ is really cheap BASED on the industry's standards. Warframe has monetized their skins very successfuly and with nearly 0 backlash and they cost about 6 dollars for a full skin. Which is not bad, if the quality of the skin is decent and CAN BE CUSTOMIZED with colors, it can be used for a long time. Now other game games like the very very bad Fallout 76 introduced skins for like 15 dollars which are recolors (lol).

I don't think we can directly compare skin prices to other games. In Bannerlord it's entirely possible to go 15+ matches in a row without getting to play as a faction due to RNG and the price should represent that.

Reichsritter said:
On the note of changing up unit aesthetics, the main units that I would like to see aesthetic reworks done for are the Battanians. I do like their armor, but I feel like it's a little bit out of place.

Since Battania is a Celtic style faction, I would personally like to see something more like this:
Gallowglass2.jpg

or:

HnzmrE0.jpg

Both are very distinctly Celtic, and both feel more fitting in comparison to the other faction armor. Generally, just far less leather on the Battanians.

I like the look of those for high tier Battanian infantry.

Armagan said:
Piconi said:
So are you taking into account our suggestions for aesthetic changes of units as well or . . .  :lol:
I'll let myself out  :facepalm:

Aesthetic suggestions are most welcome. Actually your thread with your, Terco's and others' concepts looks amazing and I was planning to ask for your permission before stealing some ideas...  :mrgreen:

It is fantastic to see this interaction between devs and the fans! I will take this opportunity to ask one thing of you, which is to also please take to heart criticisms and discussions regarding faction aesthetics in terms of culture/real life inspiration/naming etc. . Alot of people would very much like to see a more slavic inspired Sturgia rather than a norse inspired one, since there's been soo much norse inspired stuff in gaming and television lately but not so much slavic, so alot of people are hungering for more of that. I personally also think Battania definitely could use some more celtic polish, as they are also a culture underrepresented in popular culture in my opinion  :grin: Thank you for your work and best of luck with the development

Its good to see communication for things like aesthetics but tackling the bigger problems like combat and balance are usually ignored.

And the premade classes thread is the most ignored thread of all

Younes said:
Its good to see communication for things like aesthetics but tackling the bigger problems like combat and balance are usually ignored.

Well, I'm inclined to agree with this I suppose. Aesthetics 'can' be fixed with mods, while core combat mechanics might not. But at the same time we would very much like to see the aesthetics of the factions be the way we want them to be, canonically so form the very beginning, rather than having to rely on mods for that. While core combat mechanics can be fixed at any time, even post-release. And since the game is not exactly an esports game with millions of dollars on the line, I think core combat mechanics, while possibly the most important thing, can be given some time to be fleshed out, even post-release.

Androme1 said:
Armagan said:
Piconi said:
So are you taking into account our suggestions for aesthetic changes of units as well or . . .  :lol:
I'll let myself out  :facepalm:

Aesthetic suggestions are most welcome. Actually your thread with your, Terco's and others' concepts looks amazing and I was planning to ask for your permission before stealing some ideas...  :mrgreen:

It is fantastic to see this interaction between devs and the fans! I will take this opportunity to ask one thing of you, which is to also please take to heart criticisms and discussions regarding faction aesthetics in terms of culture/real life inspiration/naming etc. . Alot of people would very much like to see a more slavic inspired Sturgia rather than a norse inspired one, since there's been soo much norse inspired stuff in gaming and television lately but not so much slavic, so alot of people are hungering for more of that. I personally also think Battania definitely could use some more celtic polish, as they are also a culture underrepresented in popular culture in my opinion  :grin: Thank you for your work and best of luck with the development
How about The Witcher 3?  :fruity:

As a slav myself i definetly enjoyed that masterpiece. Never felt about a game so strongly as towards that one, probably because it was inpired by slavic folklore bought it ever closer to my heart without me even knowing.

That game is the peak of slavic glory in gaming still. And we should be very happy, because not many cultural groups could experience in gaming what we have.
Be content, i know i am, i for one played Sarranids the most in Warband, and will probably play Battanians and the Empire in Bannerlord the most, not Sturgia even if it was 100% slavic.

I'm all into making nations different from one another, recognisable by a glance at the battlefield, and more consistent in its troops aesthetics, it doesen't matter to me at all what cultural inspiration is used behind it.
As it stands right now, it will be hard to differantiate Sturgia to Skolderbrotva, and the idea of a "Nord Invasion" DLC will completely lose its charm when we have so many nordic units in 3 different factions already, especially in Sturgia itself.
Younes said:

I think they said about that matter all they could say, and i personally accepted it as is.
The reason for that is because i believe Armagan has something up his sleeve, and wants to preserve it for EA, or maybe even standard release so he would have full effects of the surprise in question . . .

Androme1 said:
Younes said:

Well, I'm inclined to agree with this I suppose. Aesthetics 'can' be fixed with mods, while core combat mechanics might not. But at the same time we would very much like to see the aesthetics of the factions be the way we want them to be, canonically so form the very beginning, rather than having to rely on mods for that. While core combat mechanics can be fixed at any time, even post-release. And since the game is not exactly an esports game with millions of dollars on the line, I think core combat mechanics, while possibly the most important thing, can be given some time to be fleshed out, even post-release.
In a part yes, but combat is something you get used to. If the community has to relearn the combat 5 months after release because of some patch it would be a lot harder then to simply add models. Having a constant change of combat mechanics will be frustrating and a lot of people will just not try to master the combat since it could chance any moment.

@Piconi
The time period in Witcher 3 is further technologically advanced than the setting for Bannerlord, so while it was a good representation of slavic history, architecture and so on (especially west slavic) in Witcher 3, it wouldn't make sense to use Witcher 3 as inspiration for Bannerlord. But I completely agree with you that Witcher 3, and all the other games and books for that matter, are fantastic works of art. Reading the books and then playing the games all in correct order is one of the greatest journeys one can take in my opinion.

In addition to my first post in this thread I'd like to add that I've completely reworked my thread called "Sturgia - Make up your mind about this faction", I didn't notice how big it became, so I think I have some more responsibility to be more constructive as opposed to confrontative and aggressive as I perhaps was initially. I hope some folks from Taleworlds will re-read the thread:smile:

@Androme1

LoL, i didn't say nor think that The Witcher 3 could possibly be used as inspiration for Bannerolds faction, you've obviously missread it :lol:

I was reffering to your sentence
Androme1 said:
[...]
Alot of people would very much like to see a more slavic inspired Sturgia rather than a norse inspired one, since there's been soo much norse inspired stuff in gaming and television lately but not so much slavic [...]
Also don't need to mention the upcoming series of the same name ! :party:
My slavness is fully satisfied by that alone . . .

oh, and i drink stronk plum brandy every day  :fruity:

Piconi said:
@Androme1
LoL, i didn't say nor think that The Witcher 3 could possibly be used as inspiration for Bannerolds faction, you've obviously missread it :lol:

I was reffering to your sentence
Androme1 said:
[...]
Alot of people would very much like to see a more slavic inspired Sturgia rather than a norse inspired one, since there's been soo much norse inspired stuff in gaming and television lately but not so much slavic [...]
Also don't need to mention the upcoming series of the same name  :party:

Oh, right. Well you're right of course that Witcher 3 was a massive success, and that the creatures in it draw inspiration from slavic history and mythology. And I know about the Netflix TV-series, but these are two drops in a massive ocean of viking/norse/scandinavian inspired pop culture. It's not really comparable. And that's what I meant :smile:

FBohler said:
Piconi said:
As a slav myself

For some reason I always thought you were Italian...
I even read all your posts with an Italian accent

:lol:
A man can't be an italian slav anymore these days  :razz:
Must be my misleading, vowel-heavy nickname  :wink:

I'm a Vinčan Triballi slav citizen of the world, also don't even believe in anything about it, or anything else for that matter, but customs and habits passed onto me are mostly slavic yes :cool:

Piconi said:
FBohler said:
Piconi said:
As a slav myself

For some reason I always thought you were Italian...
I even read all your posts with an Italian accent

:lol:
A man can't be an italian slav anymore these days  :razz:
Must be my misleading, vowel-heavy nickname  :wink:

I'm a Vinčan Triballi slav citizen of the world, also don't even believe in anything about it, or anything else for that matter, but customs and habits passed onto me are mostly slavic yes :cool:

Yeah must be the name, when I first saw it I thought you were a fellow compatriot too.

FBohler said:
Must be the nickname!  :lol:

Now I challenge you to guess my nationality  :cool:
Is this what this thread has come to  :grin:
Ok lets go    :cool:
Well, in my profile it says what country i live in, so you could've easily seen whenever you wanted to  :fruity:

Altough slav isn't a nationality, my best guess, considering your posting time and swadian as a favourite Warband faction, i'f say western Europe or USA. Then we have your nickname. My wife is swiss and i've heard about some Böhler somewhere. So that leaves us with german/austrian/swiss. Then again, a true german would use "umlauts" whenever possible, so then i look at your avatar and see my loving Slash. Might be just your (good) music taste, or you feel more conected to him because he is brittish/american.
So my guess is that you are an american citizen with family in Britain, but german ancestry.
Because of your posting timings i would say somewhere closer to Europe, say you are on the east coast.

Man if im very wrong this is going to be embarassing  :oops:

I'm flattered that you thought I could be from USA or GB, because english isn't my native language  :party:
You're right about my ancestry, shame on me because I don't use the umlaut as often as I should  :roll:

That being said, you've missed my region by a long shot... but this is not your fault at all, I think I don't give away any info that would help you to guess  :lol:

Brandis. said:
I'm fine with a progression/gold system similar to Mordhau or Overwatch. Just as long as there is no in game impact from purchased items or any cosmetics being behind a paywall (well, at least the vast majority). If I can get the items for free by grinding the game, I'm fine with people spending money to get the items faster.

I just hope that we're able to choose each item individually, such as what helmet we'd like to wear from the skins we have available.

Unless Overwatch has changed a lot since the last time I played it, I'd say that its "progression" and customization system is pretty terrible. It completely relies on lootboxes, that you can only get on level up or by paying real money, definitely not something that Taleworlds should imitate.

On the other hand, I agree that we should be able to choose each item individually, that could give us a lot more options than total reskins would.

578 said:
Micros are not bad if they  are cosmetic only and provide future free DLC. Its either that or paid expansions. Stop being communists and expect all of the **** to be free. Sustaining a game is not really a one time sell thing. Unless you abandon it.

Items purchasable through microtransactions should also be obtainable by playing, if we pay for a full priced game we should get a complete experience without being forced to pay additional money, even if we're talking about cosmetic only stuff, and that's hardly a communist point of view.

I personally don't have a problem paying for DLCs as long as I consider them worth the money; microtransactions providing free future DLCs might work for more one-lined games, but not everyone is interested in the same stuff within the M&B community, some players don't want MP only DLCs like Napoleonic Wars, and some people don't care about SP focused DLCs like Viking Conquest, so for example, many players who prefer the multiplayer side of Bannerlord probably wouldn't like the idea of having to pay real money for cosmetics even if that guarantees free future content, because that future content might not be of their interest.

Cosmetic items reasonably obtainable by playing that can also be bought for a reasonable amount of money, plus paid future DLCs (just like in Warband) should ensure a fair and complete experience while also funding active multiplayer updates and content, like additional free maps. 

578 said:
Piconi said:
A Battanian naked Savage skin + Sturgian enhanced Druzhinik skin . . .
That'll be 4.98$ please, than you for your purchase !
:iamamoron:

Now on a serious note, let's hope it's not that expensive if it ever comes to that  :grin:

4.98$ is really cheap BASED on the industry's standards. Warframe has monetized their skins very successfuly and with nearly 0 backlash and they cost about 6 dollars for a full skin. Which is not bad, if the quality of the skin is decent and CAN BE CUSTOMIZED with colors, it can be used for a long time. Now other game games like the very very bad Fallout 76 introduced skins for like 15 dollars which are recolors (lol).

Warframe is free to play, you really shouldn't apply a free to play game microtransactions model to a full priced game.

Younes said:
If it happens, let it be similar to halo reach with an ingame currency or progression system

Something like that could be great for Bannerlord.

Klausolus said:
Brandis. said:
I'm fine with a progression/gold system similar to Mordhau or Overwatch. Just as long as there is no in game impact from purchased items or any cosmetics being behind a paywall (well, at least the vast majority). If I can get the items for free by grinding the game, I'm fine with people spending money to get the items faster.

I just hope that we're able to choose each item individually, such as what helmet we'd like to wear from the skins we have available.

Unless Overwatch has changed a lot since the last time I played it, I'd say that its "progression" and customization system is pretty terrible. It completely relies on lootboxes, that you can only get on level up or by paying real money, definitely not something that Taleworlds should imitate.

On the other hand, I agree that we should be able to choose each item individually, that could give us a lot more options than total reskins would.

To be clear: I don't like lootboxes. By Overwatch, I meant the pacing of skins. You can effectively get 2-3 skins for free per event, enough to buy ones for your mains. The Bannerlord comparison is that you'd have enough to equip rare skins (and lots of regular skins) on a couple of your favorite units every few months, but if you wanted to get ALL the skins, you'd have to pay money or play an unreal amount.

I'm not sure what problem you have with level up/progression, wouldn't that be the same in Bannerlord where you play the game and level up to unlock some free cosmetics? 

Back
Top Bottom