Potential multiplayer skins leak

Users who are viewing this thread

It's okay if they charge for skins, or whatever else if it's for multi player.
Hopefully it can fund more work for SINGLE PLAYER!!!!!!! :devilish:?
I don't really get the SP vs MP mindset? why would you want extra drama and conflict between the player base when we should be coming together as a whole player base to push Taleworlds in the best direction for all of us

I don't really get the SP vs MP mindset? why would you want extra drama and conflict between the player base when we should be coming together as a whole player base to push Taleworlds in the best direction for all of us
Because no matter what you do or say it won't change a thing.
The one who splits the community the most is taleworlds with their complete radio silence. They could clarify so many things and yet they deliberately don't do that.

On top of that the vast majority plays SP so every cosmetic that gets introduced in MP has to get into SP aswell, which would make no sense. Since the SP playerbase can just mod a new helmet into the game without any effort whatsoever, while MP has to hope that TW makes a nice helmet or w/e and then charge for it?

If that is actually what they are going for then goodluck. That would be by far the dumbest decision they made so far

To absorb into my dark web crystal, a crystal that absorbs the negative energy from internet forums and transforms it into drugs.

Also I've felt since the beta that TW is not interested in changing MP to what their fanbase wants. They got lots of blatant feedback on basic things and
???..... Oh well, they like it that way, it's capture the flag..... yay. Adding any pay stuff (cosmetic or otherwise...) to MP is probably not going to be very profitable.

Because no matter what you do or say it won't change a thing.
The one who splits the community the most is taleworlds with their complete radio silence. They could clarify so many things and yet they deliberately don't do that.

On top of that the vast majority plays SP so every cosmetic that gets introduced in MP has to get into SP aswell, which would make no sense. Since the SP playerbase can just mod a new helmet into the game without any effort whatsoever, while MP has to hope that TW makes a nice helmet or w/e and then charge for it?

If that is actually what they are going for then goodluck. That would be by far the dumbest decision they made so far

This is literally exactly how CSGO works. On custom servers you can download community made skins and probably get any skin from the official matchmaking and still Valve get insane amount of money from their micro transactions because people want to show it of where it matters :wink:

This is literally exactly how CSGO works. On custom servers you can download community made skins and probably get any skin from the official matchmaking and still Valve get insane amount of money from their micro transactions because people want to show it of where it matters :wink:
They better do that, and not force matchmaking down everyone's throat

I think you are making false assumptions. The pvp essence MP has not come to light. I'm just watching. I will make my decision when the pvp is broadcast. Although there is a restful mp development now, I felt that the players could not be sincere with their characters in the game. They cannot bond with their heroes that they cannot customize. Of course, this is just feeling. I'm waiting for PvP.

Yea but CSGO is a MP only (extremely MP heavy) game, where Rankeds and Official Servers are by far the most used.
And if i think of Source days and the custom models you were able to download on sites like fpsbanana, then i can understand why custom models are not allowed on official matches/rankeds. There were models that gave you a huge advantage, like the scout with Lasersight for no scopes.
I am not defending Microtransactions in a full price game, but CSGO hardly costs anything, afaik its even free if you don't intend on playing Rankeds on Valves servers.
But microtransactions in Bannerlord would be a hard hit for the community

Yea but CSGO is a MP only (extremely MP heavy) game, where Rankeds and Official Servers are by far the most used.
And if i think of Source days and the custom models you were able to download on sites like fpsbanana, then i can understand why custom models are not allowed on official matches/rankeds. There were models that gave you a huge advantage, like the scout with Lasersight for no scopes.
I am not defending Microtransactions in a full price game, but CSGO hardly costs anything, afaik its even free if you don't intend on playing Rankeds on Valves servers.
But microtransactions in Bannerlord would be a hard hit for the community

Yes it's not the best example since, as you say it is free and it's hugely more popular than Bannerlord. There are however many ways to make such a system consumer friendly with tying the system to the leveling system and each level you gain gold and some milestones, like every 10th level you unlock some special skins.

Both mexxico and Callum have said that there is no plan in introducing skins that sells for real money as it is now. They dont even know how such system will look or work at the moment. But for now we can only speculate, lets hope TW makes the right decisions on this one :smile:

Yes it's not the best example since, as you say it is free and it's hugely more popular than Bannerlord. There are however many ways to make such a system consumer friendly with tying the system to the leveling system and each level you gain gold and some milestones, like every 10th level you unlock some special skins.

Both mexxico and Callum have said that there is no plan in introducing skins that sells for real money as it is now. They dont even know how such system will look or work at the moment. But for now we can only speculate, lets hope TW makes the right decisions on this one :smile:
I can think of, like someone else on here suggested, the Mordhau way. You get gold after each match and just buy your cosmetics that way.
Its a nice way to keep someone playing, and it is consumer friendly

Mods will make this system obsolete.

Also, Mexxico said what?

I can think of, like someone else on here suggested, the Mordhau way. You get gold after each match and just buy your cosmetics that way.
Its a nice way to keep someone playing, and it is consumer friendly
Yes that's a great way to give uss a feeling of progression.

It's not happening, TW isn't changing anything to the progression / system. The Mordhau suggestion was proposed during the beta but nothing changed.

Back
Top Bottom