[Poll] Multiplayer Discussion Thread

What is your favorite multiplayer gamemode?

• Siege (Capture the flag)

Votes: 14 10.5%
  • Siege (Conquest)

Votes: 17 12.8%
  • Deathmatch (Team)

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Deathmatch (everyone alone)

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Invasion

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Duel

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Captain (new gamemode showed in Gamescom)

Votes: 18 13.5%
  • Battle

Votes: 63 47.4%
  • Roleplay

Votes: 7 5.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Guaccmoleboy said:
cus theres only like 50 competent players in competitive native

So, we have 10 000 noobs and 50 pros. Nah, that sounds a little bit too elitist to my ear.

Harmi said:
Guaccmoleboy said:

So, we have 10 000 noobs and 50 pros. Nah, that sounds a little bit too elitist to my ear.
I'd be surprised if anyone out of that 10,000 could beat the top 50 in a ft7 and 90% of them would be lucky to get a kill

Cav are especially OP on TDM and DM because of their high mobility. They can most easily run around unchallenged and find people to kill that are already engaged in combat and lance them in the back to rack up quick, easy, effortless kills. It's further made OP by the nature of how the TDM and DM modes work, maps lasting for a long time, and cav being able to acquire money faster because killing is easier and safer for them. There's also the fact that cav have the best armors available in MP in addition to heavily armored horses that are very effective and hard to kill. I think my videos back there do a good enough job of showing why that can create a great imbalance between the classes, especially since mounted cav also do the most damage allowing them to practically one hit kill even the heaviest armored units.

Cav are the best snowballing class in TDM and DM, whereas in battle mode where rounds per map are usually capped at 5, they almost never get to snowball that hard. It's usually infantry that get the chance to snowball the most in battle because the money that cav initially need to put into buying horses with the starting default 1K gold, infantry can immediately put into weapons and armor.

TDM and DM in general aren't exactly the most compelling or attractive to "try-hard" players that want to showcase or use the full spectrum of their skill. It's battle mode where there's only one life per round, and where players kind of need to use some degree of tactics/strategy and fight with some degree of teamwork to win and or even just to survive longer. It makes for a much more dynamic and balanced experience. As a good cav in battle mode, you will frequently be forced to fight infantry or archers head on because of the nature of players being eliminated and narrowed down. In TDM and DM, cav could potentially never make a challenging head-on play and just go for nothing but back stabs on bad players that just keep re-spawning and allow you to feed off of them indefinitely.

SeánC said:
Harmi said:
Guaccmoleboy said:

I'd be surprised if anyone out of that 10,000 could beat the top 50 in a ft7 and 90% of them would be lucky to get a kill
That's 100% true. Still, saying that it's only 50 players that are any good would be pushing it tbh, I'd say the number is somewhere around 300-400 lol. But yeah, the point is, the vast majority of MP players have no idea how to play it. (that includes players who have spent 3000-4000 hours on MP, but have never been involved with the competitive community comprised of the aforementioned 300-400 players, who are literally in a different league altogether)

SeánC said:
Harmi said:
Guaccmoleboy said:

So what. If Somebody has less money than Bill Gates, it necessarily doesn't make them poor.

Harmi said:
SeánC said:
Harmi said:
Guaccmoleboy said:

So what. If Somebody has less money than Bill Gates, it necessarily doesn't make them poor.
Bill gates is still richer, therefore, making the person with less money than him poor in comparison

SeánC said:
Harmi said:
SeánC said:
Harmi said:
Guaccmoleboy said:

But Bill gates is still richer, therefore, making the person with less money than him poor in comparison
I think what Harmi is trying to say is that it's pushing it to call 9,950 players incompetent because 50 players are clearly better than them. It's true that they can't beat the top 50 players, but being worse than the top 50 doesn't make you not-competent. I believe the most common use of the word "competence" is 'acceptable and satisfactory, though not outstanding.'

As a general matter though, if Bill Gates is explaining to you how making money works, you should probably try listening to him instead of thinking you know better than he does, likewise, if the most experienced warband players are telling you that a certain aspect of the game generally works a certain way, you should probably listen to them.

Gab-AG. said:
Aaaand it turns into imaginary numbers and percentages, covered by a **** measurement contest.
Over 5 years of competitive history recorded on the forums (including some stats) as well as streams showcasing the play counts as imaginary now?

I mean... you could always challenge any of these players and find out yourself if that's not enough for you.

Fidel Lagstro said:
I think what Harmi is trying to say is that it's pushing it to call 9,950 players incompetent because 50 players are clearly better than them. It's true that they can't beat the top 50 players, but being worse than the top 50 doesn't make you not-competent. I believe the most common use of the word "competence" is 'acceptable and satisfactory, though not outstanding.'

As a general matter though, if Bill Gates is explaining to you how making money works, you should probably try listening to him instead of thinking you know better than he does, likewise, if the most experienced warband players are telling you that a certain aspect of the game generally works a certain way, you should probably listen to them.
Guacc said they're incompetent not me.

And also, everyone who earns money, much like experience in a field, do not go about it in the same way, they're many ways to approach getting better at something and earning money.

Fidel Lagstro said:
Gab-AG. said:
Aaaand it turns into imaginary numbers and percentages, covered by a **** measurement contest.
Over 5 years of competitive history recorded on the forums as well as streams showcasing the play is imaginary now?

I mean... you could always challenge any of these players and find out yourself if that's not enough for you.

Show me an accurate statistic that says multiplayer Warband is played by 10000 players, out of which 50 are pros, and the other 9950 cannot beat them. Also show me an accurate study that says 90% of those 9950 players cannot even get a single kill while fighting those 50 players.  These numbers and percentages are completely made up, with no factual basis, and with the only purpose of increasing the elitists' ego, self-esteem and pride.

If you believe otherwise, as I said above, show accurate proof.

P.S. I'm not trying to prove anything here. It's just that I always disliked how in different contexts and discussions, people seem to sometimes end up making up random numbers and percentages to 'support' their points.

Lets just say the WSC (Warband Summer Cup) consisted of the majority of 'active' players on the Warband Competitive scene. There's 20 teams in total with around the average roster size of 15, this gives a total of 300 players. The tournament was capped on 20 teams and I can guarantee they could easily get more (ECS2 getting around 35+ teams?). Out of the 20 team there's 4 teams that are considered 'favourites' which consists of pro players of the Warband scene. That gives us around 60 players considered 'top' out of the 300 players participating. These figures could be WAY off but it's the best I can do without getting bored. If you were to take one of the biggest tournaments which has a total players of around 500+, there's probably around the same amount of top players since it's just more 'low' tier teams signing up, there's always the same top teams that sign up with some potential new ones. Hope this helps, this is EU by the way. NA has like 2 teams total so they're irrelevant.

SeánC said:
Fidel Lagstro said:

Guacc said they're incompetent not me

That was a response to everything in that quote pyramid, not just you.

Gab-AG. said:
Fidel Lagstro said:
Gab-AG. said:
Over 5 years of competitive history recorded on the forums as well as streams showcasing the play is imaginary now?

Show me an accurate statistic that says multiplayer Warband is played by 10000 players, out of which 50 are pros, and the other 9950 cannot beat them. Also show me an accurate study that says 90% of those 9950 players cannot even get a single kill while fighting those 50 players.  These numbers and percentages are completely made up, with no factual basis, and with the only purpose of increasing the elitists' ego, self-esteem and pride.

If you believe otherwise, as I said above, show accurate proof.
:facepalm: Those obviously aren't accurate numbers (I wasn't even the one that brought them up), they're a rough example to explain a concept. The lower 90-ish percent of even competitive players are unable to beat the top 10-ish percent as a general matter in respective class ft7s. Anyone in the competitive knows this because it isn't particularly huge, allowing everyone to practically know each-other and have all faced eachother at one point or another... multiple times.

Fidel Lagstro said:
:facepalm: Those obviously aren't accurate numbers (I wasn't even the one that brought them up), they're a rough example to explain a concept. The lower 90-ish percent of even competitive players are unable to beat the top 10-ish percent as a general matter in respective class ft7s. Anyone in the competitive knows this because it isn't particularly huge, allowing everyone to practically know each-other and have all faced eachother at one point or another... multiple times in fact.

I'd say way more than rough. :facepalm:
There's still no accurate basis to that claim. If you gotta use numbers, do it well, like Fietta somewhat did, even though leaving out some details.

Gab-AG. said:
Fidel Lagstro said:
:facepalm: Those obviously aren't accurate numbers (I wasn't even the one that brought them up), they're a rough example to explain a concept. The lower 90-ish percent of even competitive players are unable to beat the top 10-ish percent as a general matter in respective class ft7s. Anyone in the competitive knows this because it isn't particularly huge, allowing everyone to practically know each-other and have all faced eachother at one point or another... multiple times in fact.

I'd say way more than rough. :facepalm:
There's still no accurate basis to that claim. If you gotta use numbers, do it well, like Fietta somewhat did, even though leaving out some details.

You know very well the stats to prove that don't exist, doesn't mean it isn't true. Just because you can't see oxygen doesn't mean it isn't there, you just need to find the right way to identify it and measure it, which warband lacks since it doesn't record stats itself. Players that have been playing MP for years and have seen it all have seen the most accurate forms of data available through their experiences.

Back
Top Bottom