B Native Other Polished Landscapes [RELEASED][news pg. 19]

Users who are viewing this thread

Scorch! said:
THEMIK said:
can you play MP with this?
Well if you don't mind dealing with invisible trees (considering that the client side collision mesh is ignored in multiplayer, assuming that you can even join a server with it on) then yes, but you would have to edit the native module to get it to work with the majority of servers.

If you were to run a PL module on a server it would work perfectly, but I don't think anyone would bother running a server just for a graphics enhancement mod.

If you wanted to play with a graphics enhancement mod in multiplayer you'd be best off using this mod: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,120098.0.html as it just changes the textures instead of actually altering the scene objects like PL does.

Sorry for noobish question, but how can I use my Native saved games with this excellent mod? I put save game files into Polished Landscapes save folder, I can see the saves in game but cannot load it (some error occurs).

you can try modified ini ,textrue, resource etc. native folder like a use  different mod ( in the first page look at the To add this to any mod spoiler)    ...your save game is ready to go... i try it  old version of pl with my warband native it works..

I get an error msg on some missing stones (missing rock_a_ xxxxxxxxx something) after installing PL into my Diplomacy mod.

Anyone seen that happen? I haven't noticed anything in-game yet.

Sounds like you didn't download the little particle fix thing, go back to page 1 and download it, then you extract it to Warband/modules/Polished_Lands/Resource or what ever you may have it under.

Guys, I was playing native 1.126, then switched to Polished Landscapes, then updated to 1.127

Somewhere along the way (possibly as soon as I installed PL) two things happened:

-All the Rhodok towns and taverns (possibly castles too?) are messed up completely (stuff floating in the air or buried in the ground).
-I can't buy new enterprises.

Reverting back to NATIVE fixes those problems. I really can't continue like this (not enough money to go around without more enterprises, the rhodok bugs are negligible until I'll need to conquer them).

I'm also using the patch provided by Gutek. Can you help me out?

Well, the only mention of fixing the dialogue I've found described the solution as using TweakMB. Is that the only solution? I tried it and the only thing regarding the guild master dialogue was adding its option to the main town menu (which, BTW, doesn't work for me, I get a script error).

EDIT: just for kicks I tried copying the save to Native- it opened nicely so I bought and enterprise, saved and copied the save back to PL.
Now when I try to load the save I get "Invalid number of item kinds" which is weird since I had no problems opening Native saves in PL before.

First off, this is a great mod; I''m loving the new forests.

Using 1.127 and had the missing shield heraldry problem a few others have noted. Probably something changed in the last patch. I fixed it by starting with "native" and only adding the textures, SceneObjs, resources, and module.ini

I added "load_resource = warhorse_new" to the ini since I guess that was added in the new patch. That fixed the graphics.

The problem now is a siege of Veluca where the attackers spawn and then run in circles; I think the AI path to the siege ramp is broken. Maybe that is something in one of the other txt files that I didn't overwrite (because of the patch), but maybe an easy fix to edit in? Or you could say which of the txt files actually have important changes for your mod? Thanks!

(I should say I realize this is a terrible kludge of a solution, but it might hold over those that want pretty scenery and non-glowing shields)

Can someone help me? Whenever I load up Warband it says it can't find the material "g_grass", I did everything the instructions said, nothing appears to be missing when I get in a battle though.

For everyone that has problems getting this to run with 1.127, just follow the Instructions by Senag2 in his post(read the spoiler tags!) on page 25. Don't follow the ones by Gutekfiutek, as the mod includes many unchanged files from 1.125.
I suggest leaving them out in a new version of this mod - I had to diff with a 1.125 install to find out they were all unnecessary for his mod. I also suggest that Gutekfiutek modify the instructions in his first post, so people get the right ones directly without having to read 30 pages.

So, to summarize: Read Senag2's Post. Make sure you comment out the right things in module.ini as he describes and be sure to use only the flora_kinds.txt, ground_specs.txt files and textures, resource folders from Gutekfiuteks original archive.

So thanks Senag2 for the right instructions and Gutekfiutek for an amazing mod.

KGB said:
For everyone that has problems getting this to run with 1.127, just follow the Instructions by Senag2 in his post(read the spoiler tags!) on page 25. Don't follow the ones by Gutekfiutek, as the mod includes many unchanged files from 1.125.
I suggest leaving them out in a new version of this mod - I had to diff with a 1.125 install to find out they were all unnecessary for his mod. I also suggest that Gutekfiutek modify the instructions in his first post, so people get the right ones directly without having to read 30 pages.

So, to summarize: Read Senag2's Post. Make sure you comment out the right things in module.ini as he describes and be sure to use only the flora_kinds.txt, ground_specs.txt files and textures, resource folders from Gutekfiuteks original archive.

So thanks Senag2 for the right instructions and Gutekfiutek for an amazing mod.

Tried once more, but no good. Can you make just pack working PL folder into .zip and upload it or mail it to me and i can upload it.

Okay. It doesn't get simpler than this as I don't intend to provide the copy of native:

1. Download the mod here.
Its a 7Zip file, you'll need an appropriate archiving tool that can extract that format: http://www.7zip.com.

2. Copy an untouched version of the Native module to a new folder in modules, e.g. modules/PolishedLandscapes.

3. Put the contents of the PL folder from the archive into the modules/PolishedLandscapes folder, overwriting all files and folders.

Start the game and choose PolishedLandscapes (or whatever else you named your new folder).
This works for me with the Steam (shouldn't matter) version of Warband 1.127 and includes the fixes by Senag2 and Gutekfiuteks particles2.brf fix as well as the modified module.ini.

KGB said:
Okay. It doesn't get simpler than this as I don't intend to provide the copy of native:

1. Download the mod here.
Its a 7Zip file, you'll need an appropriate archiving tool that can extract that format: http://www.7zip.com.

2. Copy an untouched version of the Native module to a new folder in modules, e.g. modules/PolishedLandscapes.

3. Put the contents of the PL folder from the archive into the modules/PolishedLandscapes folder, overwriting all files and folders.

Start the game and choose PolishedLandscapes (or whatever else you named your new folder).
This works for me with the Steam (shouldn't matter) version of Warband 1.127 and includes the fixes by Senag2 and Gutekfiuteks particles2.brf fix as well as the modified module.ini.

Thanks, seems to work! I guess i made mistakes with module.ini.

GenericSoldierX said:
Can someone help me? Whenever I load up Warband it says it can't find the material "g_grass", I did everything the instructions said, nothing appears to be missing when I get in a battle though.

What I had to do to fix the "Can't find material "g_grass" was to open the two grass_mesh brf files called, grass_meshes and grass_meshes_b.

Once The first file was open I went down the list of meshes to find the ones with "g_grass" listed as their material name. When I found the material g_grass listed I simply changed the material name to "grass".
I did this to all items within both grass meshes brf files that came up as g_grass in the material box. Then my game no longer crashed when entering taverns and such. This was the only way i could fix the problem. 

ladanyi said:
GenericSoldierX said:

What I had to do to fix the "Can't find material "g_grass" was to open the two grass_mesh brf files called, grass_meshes and grass_meshes_b.

Once The first file was open I went down the list of meshes to find the ones with "g_grass" listed as their material name. When I found the material g_grass listed I simply changed the material name to "grass".
I did this to all items within both grass meshes brf files that came up as g_grass in the material box. Then my game no longer crashed when entering taverns and such. This was the only way i could fix the problem.
Thank you man, that fixed it!

This is a fantastic mod, I must admit, but I have a problem and this is a major problem. All of the cities look as if plants have grown over the city. I can't enter Praven for one, some of the walls are actually lifted off the ground. Please help me fix this.

Back
Top Bottom