Policies working as intended????

Users who are viewing this thread

Flesson19

Not a Cookie
Knight
You got to be kidding me, we are 2 years into early access and half the policies arent working/working right still
Someone at TW needs to look at this and get to work

Last edited:
@Strat great video man, been waiting for someone to take a close look.

Guess its safe to say tons of these policies need to be revamped/fixed, along with actually giving kingdoms some logic to their choices of policies.

You got to be kidding me, we are 2 years into early access and half the policies aernt working/working right still
Someone at TW needs to look at this and get to work

Can´t watch the video right now but like half of them do nothing? I thought they all were working (with maybe some of them beeing bugged).

That´s a new lol for me then!

Hope the work on polishing the console demo version is going well!

It seems like many things, the current set of policy are more a place holder (lets hope) or proof of concept.

It would be cool if after they improve and make transprent AI voting logic, they added some policies that actually felt more impactful.

Enough to represent a stance of the kingdom. Different modes of governance expressed in numbers.

Wow, I have expected a bug or two here, but this is hilarious.

Players wasting their time reading the descriptions and try to pick the best options and most of them seem to be completely wrong.

Thanks for making the effort to test and share this!

I have watched the video:

There is a huge difference between broken and broken by design (TW just rocks it!)! Whatever...in this case it really doesn´t matter.

Facts!

Good reviews:

Screenshot-2022-08-20-054150.png

So we have good sales AND good reviews, game is good.

Bannerlord will just improve to be even better! 20 guys bad, 100000000000 guys good! Console good! For real, it´s about money, nothing else.

Each PC "player" that paid 1 dollar got fooled, but hey, you want to play the consoleversion of a bugged mess? Sure, at Gamescon!

Sorry for "old" footage:

You can see the advance in the game, EA release just 2 years ago, console demo now!

EVEN YEARS AGO, CRPG WAS ON THE SAME LEVEL! LIKE 5+ YEARS AGO! = CLOSE TO ZERO

Ok, ok, better play a game of Tablut!

Last edited:

Guess its safe to say tons of these policies need to be revamped/fixed, along with actually giving kingdoms some logic to their choices of policies.
Thanks! Yeah it felt like a lot of them were left as placeholders. I'm sure they have plans for fixing them before full release so to me it's not that big of a deal. I'm glad they spent time fixing perks and skills before touching these

Im glad we have great interesting perks functioning as intended. Where would I be without my 2% increased damage with polearms.

The game feel just wouldnt be there without my 2% damage with polaearms!

Good heaven above, I didn't even think that policies were such a mess... I thought they were working, just poorly implemented, but this...

It took more than a year for Taleworlds to fix the perks (and they keep constantly brake them every new update), how much time will they need to fix and rework all the policies?

Hell, I wouldn't even care if policy proposals were entirely random so long as the lords would vote on them in ways that made sense and could be influenced by the player. 90% of the time even spending 150 influence does nothing.
Thanks! Yeah it felt like a lot of them were left as placeholders. I'm sure they have plans for fixing them before full release so to me it's not that big of a deal. I'm glad they spent time fixing perks and skills before touching these
I'm not as confident as you - sometimes I think game mechanics have been totally forgotten, and TW seems to ignore complaints about them on the forums - but I think your videos have a lot of reach in the community, so now you've brought it to attention TW may feel motivated to do something about it.

I´m not even sure if TW knows that most are broken.

Good job @Flesson19... I had no idea how bad this is (I haven't played any deep campaigns due to the obvious problems of the native game). Astounding landscape to say the least.

I´m not even sure if TW knows that most are broken.

This is where the problem lies 🎷:lol:.

Between lack of knowledge due to lack of in-depth Q&A testing process and inexplicable design decisions and it's effects in-game (to name a few at a glance) like legionary pila... fallback... messengers... and a long etc is where this development process has run aground.

Hmm, just tested military coronea myself since it has worked fine in the past.

As described, it gives precisely 20% more influence. Its just not shown in the after action report but the actual influence is updated correctly.

And for the record.

Anything that gives passive influence for anyone other than you, and you alone, is posion and belongs in the F tier. Stuff that cost influence belong in the S tier.

Hmm, just tested military coronea myself since it has worked fine in the past.

As described, it gives precisely 20% more influence. Its just not shown in the after action report but the actual influence is updated correctly.

And for the record.

Anything that gives passive influence for anyone other than you, and you alone, is posion and belongs in the F tier. Stuff that cost influence belong in the S tier.
I have a save file with screenshots of the exact same battle - 2.72 influence for killing 9 forest bandits. Reload, pass the policy and fighting again yields the exact same 2.72 influence, so I'm not sure how you are getting yours to work? I tested this in 1.8.0 with no mods on, not sure if that is relevant or not.
*I think I understand what you're saying - so it says you get 2.72 influence but the actual influence to your "influence bank" would increase 2.72 + 20% then? I had not thought to check that, although i've seen TW do that with other things like troop wages (sometimes they calc before and sometimes it's after lol). I'll rerun the test and see if I can reproduce it on my end!

*I think I understand what you're saying - so it says you get 2.72 influence but the actual influence to your "influence bank" would increase 2.72 + 20% then? I had not thought to check that, although i've seen TW do that with other things like troop wages (sometimes they calc before and sometimes it's after lol). I'll rerun the test and see if I can reproduce it on my end!
Yes, that is correct.

There are also some other things that are not working quite the way you (or TW) describe it. I have not checked this for 1.8 but as far as I remember citizens rights gives the bonus to any lords that have the same culture as the king. So, it is a dreadfully bad policy if you try to match the culture of conquered fiefs with culturally appropriate lords.

Yes, that is correct.

There are also some other things that are not working quite the way you (or TW) describe it. I have not checked this for 1.8 but as far as I remember citizens rights gives the bonus to any lords that have the same culture as the king. So, it is a dreadfully bad policy if you try to match the culture of conquered fiefs with culturally appropriate lords.
Would be nice for TW to clarify what policies work how. But i guess that´s not gonna happen for obvious reasons. So I´m grateful to everyone who tries to do.

Back
Top Bottom