Playerbase shrinking rapidly -10% in the last month

Users who are viewing this thread

Its not the criticism, its the outright whining that is so bad here.

I agree with a lot of criticism of this incomplete and empty game and that is why I haven't played in the last 6 months or so. But some of thebpostere here need an additional hobby. Come back later and check on the game later, or be helpful and send usefull reports and analysis of the game to the devs that actually communicate here.

Again. GOLDEN WORDS.

I agree with a lot of criticism of this incomplete and empty game and that is why I haven't played in the last 6 months or so. But some of thebpostere here need an additional hobby. Come back later and check on the game later, or be helpful and send usefull reports and analysis of the game to the devs that actually communicate here.

That wont happen sadly, not everyone will like the game and will continue to rant their concerns, and those who like it will support it.

people have been ranting over and over the same problems, yet these problems never seem to be fixed.

Last edited:
Early access and an AAA price tag arent going to change the fact development is slow.

Whining about is being EA isn't either. People arent whining that the game at its core is bad, they are complaining that development seems very slow for a game charging AAA price.

People arent whining that the game at its core is bad, they are complaining that development seems very slow for a game charging AAA price.

And I was thinking most of the people are whining, because they somehow expected a complete game as suggested by the ridicoulus AAAA+ price tag, despite all hints of missing content or the dev recommendation not to buy if they wanted a complete experience or they were upset for devs not focussing the multiplayer part of this singleplayer game as it should be.... My bad... /irony off

A lot of people just bought the game with sky high expectations after waiting for many years. I’m disappointed by the lack of content and the slow dev cycle too, but there is not much we can do about it. TW afaik always had their own pace. Why should they suddenly change?

I’m pretty certain TW will deliver a decent game and not simply stop development like many EA titles. It might just take a good while, but that‘s always the gamble with EA.

And I was thinking most of the people are whining, because they somehow expected a complete game as suggested by the ridicoulus AAAA+ price tag, despite all hints of missing content or the dev recommendation not to buy if they wanted a complete experience or they were upset for devs not focussing the multiplayer part of this singleplayer game as it should be.... My bad... /irony off

A lot of people just bought the game with sky high expectations after waiting for many years. I’m disappointed by the lack of content and the slow dev cycle too, but there is not much we can do about it. TW afaik always had their own pace. Why should they suddenly change?

I’m pretty certain TW will deliver a decent game and not simply stop development like many EA titles. It might just take a good while, but that‘s always the gamble with EA.
Simply because a majority of the players play singleplayer does not mean you should not try and do anything about the multiplayer. I can't tell you the countless of modders for multiplayer that feel alienated by taleworlds despite investing countless of hours just like singleplayer modders on modding warband, and now being treated like second class modders by TW.

it's pointless trying to reason with these guys, generally I just vent if I see something absurd being said, but after I simply try to ignore any replies, or if not, read them and laugh, but avoid trying to reason because the baseline for their behavior is already unreasonable on itself.

I don't know what's more OP here, the Khuzait or the White Knights.
The players will come back in due time. I'm taking a break and hoping to come back next year. When we may get full mods coming out. I'm more interested in mods than the base game. Never liked Warband base experience. Had to rely on mods. Gekokujo, Chile Zombie, Highschool of the Dead, 1860's Old America, Brytenwalda, The Reckoning, and a certain no no mod with plomacy in the name.

I don't know what's more OP here, the Khuzait or the White Knights.
The players will come back in due time. I'm taking a break and hoping to come back next year. When we may get full mods coming out. I'm more interested in mods than the base game. Never liked Warband base experience. Had to rely on mods. Gekokujo, Chile Zombie, Highschool of the Dead, 1860's Old America, Brytenwalda, The Reckoning, and a certain no no mod with plomacy in the name.
well, no white knighting from me, I've been one of the most aggressive old vanguard community members pertaining my opposition towards many things Bannerlord related, and I still found this post to be pointless and sort of ridiculous, the subject itself. Just because I find something on side A to be ridiculous, doesn't mean I'm favoring side B. Dichotomy is a truth only for idiots.

For Honor is actually a bit of success story where it died close to release then was revitalised when Ubisoft actually decided to listen to the community (both pros and casual) and steadily improved the game. Ubi did the same with R6 Siege which came out around the same time, and also revitalised its community.
I don't know if I'd call Ubisoft's approach of releasing unfinished or just straight up broken games too early to meet deadlines and then eventually fixing the game months later a success story myself. I was there for the For Honor release when matchmaking couldn't find games and when it actually did, everyones connection would drop mid-match...

I just got done with AC Valhalla and it's probably the most bug/glitch ridden game I've played in some time, so nothing has changed at good old Ubisoft.

And again nothing but hostility.
And I was trying to give positive feedback for months after release. But they just ignore everyone on here.
But again, you do nothing but insulting for the past 10 posts.
The worst about that is you are not even funny. You are just insulting.

Just ignore him, he is a literal troller, just look at his posts, all he does is he wants to get his post count up. What an absolute joke he is.

Last edited:
Too many people defending this game against their own interests. We all just want this game to improve and in Order to reach the developers we need to voice our opinion and critize whats is missing what should be done.

Now you can just blindly defend Taleworlds and close your eyes but i just dont get the point of doing so, it is obvious that this game has some serious problems wich need to be adressed, this is the reason this game is in EA after all for Feedback and development, so arguing that we should not complain because the game is in EA is just wrong and Ignorant. Not giving any Feedback or refusing to critize the game because of said EA status is also just wrong and Ignorant.

It feels weird that that i have to explain this to people, i thought the community would be a little bit more Adult.

I don't know if I'd call Ubisoft's approach of releasing unfinished or just straight up broken games too early to meet deadlines and then eventually fixing the game months later a success story myself. I was there for the For Honor release when matchmaking couldn't find games and when it actually did, everyones connection would drop mid-match...

I just got done with AC Valhalla and it's probably the most bug/glitch ridden game I've played in some time, so nothing has changed at good old Ubisoft.

Haha sure, the intention wasn't to applaud them, better to release a good game first of course. Was just pointing out because someone implied it died upon release, but games can (if the work is done) be revived to have healthy population sizes.

Haha sure, the intention wasn't to applaud them, better to release a good game first of course. Was just pointing out because someone implied it died upon release, but games can (if the work is done) be revived to have healthy population sizes.
The best example to use then is No Man's Sky, which is a game made by a small, indie company, started overhyped, caused a sh*tstorm at release due to being much less complete than the hype implied, but turned the table through steady patching and free content to now be considered as a complete success.

The parallel with TW is heavy, but the problem is that comparing both actually underscores not HOPES but CAUSES OF CONCERN :
NMS was developped much faster (four years vs ten and counting) by a tiny team (12 vs over 100), it overcame initial failure by implementing a lot of content with rapid develoment cycle (while TW has extremely slow development and next to nil implementation of content).
If anything, NMS makes the situation looks even bleaker, because it managed to produce much more, with much less resources and in much shorter time.

those numbers are like this because there has not been a significant update since release, but a lot of micro updates which alone are not enough to draw player back in. Talesworld should batch the content and features into major patches, and focus the minor releases on balance and bugfixes. It would probably less tiresome to beta test (we don't need to beta test every single minor release...)

Too many people defending this game against their own interests. We all just want this game to improve and in Order to reach the developers we need to voice our opinion and critize whats is missing what should be done.
That is the Problem with Fanboys, everyone who is not 100% on TWs Side is a hater for them, and a fanboy will defend the game no matter what.
Not a single one of them realizes that they damage their own favorite game by doing so. There was never a product in the history of mankind that got worse with critique.
Most critique on these forums now is pretty harsh, but that is not our fault but TW by going completely silence.
They just took the money and try to finish the game in the easiest way possible. Not listening to any player feedback, keeping bugs for 9 months in the game, ignoring the MP feedback from the beta before EA launched to 100%.
The only way they could make it clearer is by making a sticky post with the title "We don't care about you"

I have the feeling that numbers will get increased a bit after the 1.5.6 patch, because some players are waiting for this patch to start a new campaign. It looks like some relevant things will get addressed in that patch like snowballing.

I am personally impatiently waiting for this patch and for a fix for OP ranged units to play again.

Anyway, numbers are really not that bad, just compare with Crusader Kings 3.

Edit: it looks like Crusader Kings 3 got a player spike again after the last patch, so not really good idea to compare with it now :razz:

Yes, they seem a bit better than us in terms of keeping players at game. After first 3 months 20% of their players still playing game and this ratio was 10% at us.There can be coorelation between keeping at game ratio and user review rating - their rating is 93% ours is 87%.

03O4M.png

Last edited:
Yes, they seem a bit better than us in terms of keeping players at game. After first 3 months 20% of their players still playing game and this ratio was 10% at us.

03O4M.png
@mexxico can we get any clearance why you guys, besides from you (and the entire community loves you because of that, no joke thanks for that), refuse to communicate with us about development? And can't you/they see that it does nothing but damage the game, especially in EA

Ask high management
We were told before that the developers can reply in the forums whenever they want. But mexxico seems to be one of the few, if not the only one who cares about the game and the community.
I mean he has more connections to the community than their very own community managers

@mexxico can we get any clearance why you guys, besides from you (and the entire community loves you because of that, no joke thanks for that), refuse to communicate with us about development? And can't you/they see that it does nothing but damage the game, especially in EA

I do not know reasons but one reason can be language barrier. Only 5-10% of our company has native English - of course 95% knows English but it is not easy for them to discuss all features / design decisions with a confidence maybe. So when we write here we can make grammer mistakes or it can be hard to discuss deep design related topics or they can fear about making mistakes / giving wrong informations or what we write here can be less formal than it need to be. Of course these are only one side reasons. Another reason can be most stuff is specialized in only one area and people has less information about how things are working in other areas and when you write something new questions can come consequently which they cannot answer.

I always try to bring other devs to here. Today in campaign team one another dev asked me how to post images on forum maybe he will start posting too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom