Playerbase shrinking rapidly -10% in the last month

Users who are viewing this thread

-10% Gain in the last month...
Considering we are on track to full release by around march of next year I just cant see how you can pull off increasing your player count at the current rate of development.
Especially if you are ignoring the most requested features of the player base (example: custom servers and a load out system in MP)

There has to be a point where you have to pull your head out of the dirt and start fulfilling the player bases needs, we don't want your esports or skins.
The day there is a direct Competitor that actually values its players and modders this franchise will absolutely die unless Taleworlds wise up

unknown.png

Updating this thread since its a bit all over the place:

Yeah in retrospect I should have asked a proper question in my original post, but It was morso a quick rant about the state of development after being frustrated with how TW are handling the Custom servers thread in the MP forum. Id be satisfied with this thread getting locked if someone from Taleworlds can answer me one question:

Is there an transparent roadmap coming that clearly details what fixes and new features we will see by full release with clear explanations for why they they will/ wont be in the full release. Specifically the custom servers from the MP section and as for Singleplayer other users could suggest the main topics they want to be addressed.

If there isnt one coming... why?

Last edited:
Considering we are on track to full release by around march of next year I just cant see how you can pull off increasing your player count at the current rate of development.
Especially if you are ignoring the most requested features of the player base (example: custom servers and a load out system in MP)

There has to be a point where you have to pull your head out of the dirt and start fulfilling the player bases needs, we don't want your esports or skins.
The day there is a direct Competitor that actually values its players and modders this franchise will absolutely die unless Taleworlds wise up

unknown.png

idk if drunk or dumb ... its a singleplayer game if you didnt notice till now

the playerbase will be fine once singleplayer mods come out

Lol, all single players have a short life cycle, is just the life of games.

Number will increase after big patches, full game release, or a good mod release.

90% of the players wont play more than 1 campaign on vanilla (and less with the actual lack of replayability due poor rpg sandbox components)

idk if drunk or dumb ... its a singleplayer game if you didnt notice till now

the playerbase will be fine once singleplayer mods come out
cool
(y)

Im not sure if you keep up in the MP side of things but multiplayer mods cant even be made until we have custom servers which were actively shut down by taleworlds after the 0.9 Beta. to say the the multiplayer side of this game is insignificant is pretty insane

Number will increase after big patches, full game release, or a good mod release.

90% of the players wont play more than 1 campaign on vanilla (and less with the actual lack of replayability due poor rpg sandbox components)
We wont have a playerbase left at this rate of decline, why even make mods in the first place if you know there will be no one to play them

unknown.png

And how much research did you actually perform to determine the reason why they stopped playing? Do you have any stats on the three days following a patch? Are these people playing similar games or they just shifted to something different?

cool
(y)

Im not sure if you keep up in the MP side of things but multiplayer mods cant even be made until we have custom servers which were actively shut down by taleworlds after the 0.9 Beta. to say the the multiplayer side of this game is insignificant is pretty insane

MP wont be solution. Just see games like for honor that died close to release (100 times more complex and entertainment than bannerlord pvp) or chivalry, wich recieved hundred of thousand of free trafic from biggest youtbers and streamers, and died in less than 1 month as well.

This game is a niche on mp, and is clearly that people don't play for a long time.

The strong point and where bannerlord must bright is on SP and mods, and we can just wait.

We wont have a playerbase left at this rate of decline, why even make mods in the first place if you know there will be no one to play them

Bannerlord is one of the most wanted games since 2010, and there was a lot of hype about it. Just not having people playing, doesnt mean that there aren't hundred of thousand waiting until mods and full release or a big patch to play it.

Ofc people dont play now because they just balanced some stuff and nothing else. There is not a real reason to come back at this point.

Yup, i'm taking a time off from bannerlord now to focus on uni while waiting for 1.5.6 that is supposed to be a big patch before starting a new campaign, it's early access and all that so i won't commit to a full blown playthrough knowing that things are changing all the time and also waiting for more features/mods that suit my tastes.

MP wont be solution. Just see games like for honor that died close to release (100 times more complex and entertainment than bannerlord pvp) or chivalry, wich recieved hundred of thousand of free trafic from biggest youtbers and streamers, and died in less than 1 month as well.

This game is a niche on mp, and is clearly that people don't play for a long time.

The strong point and where bannerlord must bright is on SP and mods, and we can just wait.
A well made MP could, btw For Honour has no free form combat and Mordhau has this weird stamina system thats why i dont like those and many others feel the same, current mp in BL has no content, no servers and a hated class system.

Bannerlord is one of the most wanted games since 2010, and there was a lot of hype about it. Just not having people playing, doesnt mean that there aren't hundred of thousand waiting until mods and full release or a big patch to play it.

Ofc people dont play now because they just balanced some stuff and nothing else. There is not a real reason to come back at this point.
Yeah, everyone I know who is into this type of game or has this on their wish list hasn't even bought it yet because they're waiting for full release.

For Honor is actually a bit of success story where it died close to release then was revitalised when Ubisoft actually decided to listen to the community (both pros and casual) and steadily improved the game. Ubi did the same with R6 Siege which came out around the same time, and also revitalised its community.

I am actually seeing more players being online starting from 3 weeks ago. European servers regularly hit cap on siege server (120) people and then have 40 or 50 on tdm. On NA servers I am seeing 40 to 50 players consistently. 2 or 3 months ago we were hitting barely 20 to 30.

Yeah, no. The reason in the first place why the Mount & Blade series is so successful is that it's one of its kind. The engine is made from scratch as well, so indie devs aren't even gonna try. Unless some big triple A studio decides to branch out from their standard cookie-cutter franchies and risk huge loses making a niche game we aren't going to see any competitors.
Wait, no, there is a competitor, and it's warband, but it will stop being one when the devs actually port the best features from warband. WHENEVER that happens.

unknown.png

I still have faith in Bannerlord, but just that the way TW handle their priorities frustrates me sometimes.

I am actually seeing more players being online starting from 3 weeks ago. European servers regularly hit cap on siege server (120) people and then have 40 or 50 on tdm. On NA servers I am seeing 40 to 50 players consistently. 2 or 3 months ago we were hitting barely 20 to 30.
did you skip the official steam stats I presented? they show a drastic decrease in the last 30 days compared to the last 3 months...

But dipping below 10k is still quite a redflag that whats going on with Bannerlord is not good.
I mean look at a game like Total War Warhammer 2, that came out over 3 years ago and 35k for that game is still Low.
Witcher 3 is 5 1/2 years old now and is averaging 16k players even before sale.

You can look for as many excuses as you want, the harsh truth is that Bannerlord so far is a failure aside from initial sale.

I have the feeling that numbers will get increased a bit after the 1.5.6 patch, because some players are waiting for this patch to start a new campaign. It looks like some relevant things will get addressed in that patch like snowballing.

I am personally impatiently waiting for this patch and for a fix for OP ranged units to play again.

Anyway, numbers are really not that bad, just compare with Crusader Kings 3.

Edit: it looks like Crusader Kings 3 got a player spike again after the last patch, so not really good idea to compare with it now :razz:

I clocked in ~300 hours in the first 2 months. After realizing that feedback was kind of useless since they already had their own agenda, I just stopped playing.

Me, my friends, and I bet a whole lot of people who stopped playing in, for example, may, will return when there is something worth returning to, even if that means the full release itself.

I played a couple 1000 hours up to 1.5.3. I dont play online though, so it doesn't register my hours on Steam.

I've been waiting for whats coming in 1.5.6 since I did about everything you can do in the early and mid game.

I'll be playing a lot when 1.5.6 drops since I'll start a new play through.

I think a lot of us are waiting on 1.5.6 since it delivers what the game needs the most: less snowballing and a chance for factions to come back.

Back
Top Bottom